It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Team Carson: ‘Politico Story Is An Outright LIE’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: stevieray

Yeah, but it's still more than Carson has.

What time are you due back under the bridge?

Ah, your second sentence just flat out wins the debate for you.

It took me some real digging, but I think I finally found a meaning for your first sentence.

The pitiful thing you linked to is "still more" than Carson has to prove a negative, that he's not guilty of what hasn't been proven ?

That's terrible, bubba. Have you no shame ? This is how Rather tried to explain his thing. That's horrendous, lol.

You think I'm debating you? LOL.

You have no facts, you present no evidence of anything except your winning personality, you commit five or so logical fallacies in each of your posts ... and the funniest thing of all ... are you ready?

You think you're winning.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I dont see anywhere that Carson said he met Westmoreland in Detroit.

I do see he recalls it was at a banguet.

“Dr Carson was the top ROTC student in the City of Detroit. In that role he was invited to meet General Westmoreland. He believes it was at a banquet. He can’t remember with specificity their brief conversation but it centered around Dr. Carson’s performance

If you look on the schedule for those few days, Westmoreland did attend a banquet.

So again, this proves nothing to bolster the lies from Politico.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

I dont see anywhere that Carson said he met Westmoreland in Detroit.

I do see he recalls it was at a banguet.

“Dr Carson was the top ROTC student in the City of Detroit. In that role he was invited to meet General Westmoreland. He believes it was at a banquet. He can’t remember with specificity their brief conversation but it centered around Dr. Carson’s performance

If you look on the schedule for those few days, Westmoreland did attend a banquet.

So again, this proves nothing to bolster the lies from Politico.

Good point. That was the document referenced in the Politico article, however.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it and respond rationally and logically in a fact-based approach rather than with silly quips!

If I find anything else that nails that point down, I'll post it.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: DelMarvel
And this is beyond a "liberal" media attack at this point.

He couldn't handle the feeding frenzy at that press conference he just had and after a meltdown like that they will be after him for no other reason than to provoke another story.

I thought that strange story about how he chose which college to attend was just another example of how odd and actually unfocused this guy really is.

haha, yes, he was quite unfocused and odd in those hundreds of incredibly intricate brain surgeries. Absolutely, righty-oh, you got it on the money. And running Johns Hopkins......what silliness !! Give us our community agitator back for another term.

Completely irrelevant if he can't handle what he is attempting now which he clearly can't. John Nash was an accomplished mathematical genius. Do you think he could have managed being POTUS?

The "Beautiful Mind" guy ? uhhhh, he was actually fully insane. This is your comparison for Carson ? There's a reason why you think you'd be taken seriously with this ?

Correct me if I got the wrong guy. If not, you should probably find a hole to hide in.

"Fully insane?" Even assuming that's a fair description how did he manage his great scientific accomplishments? You're the one apparently citing Carson's accomplishments in an extremely specialized field as qualification to lead a large industrialized nation. Nash is just one example of why that's not automatically true.

Carson's a brain surgeon and he's making bizarre statements about indisputable historical reality based on his literal belief in the Bible? It's not clear exactly what but something is wrong with that picture.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
ITT dumb conservatives complain about Politico being left liberal media. There's a difference between liberal and establishment and the right still doesn't understand it. When the right bring their policies in line with the establishment once more there will be a Republican president. Of the two evils unfortunately the establishment is the better the choice even though they are slowly killing us all. Whereas the right will just kill us real quick.

There is little hope for this planet when those are the only two choices.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

If I had to choose who I would be in battle with,
in a fox hole it would be Ben, not Hillary.

...and Hillary has been in plenty of foxes' holes...remember her dumbass landing in Bosnia under sniper-fire lie?:
www.cnn.com...
edit on 6-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

If I had to choose who I would be in battle with,
in a fox hole it would be Ben, not Hillary.

...and Hillary has been in plenty of foxes' holes...remember her dumbass landing in Bosnia under sniper-fire lie?:
www.cnn.com...

Yes, exactly! She totally fabricated that story. Williams lost his job.
Hillary blatantly lied, only in the face of video did she then refer
to it as a mistake.

edit on 6-11-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: lernmore
Thanks for the assist in my absence. I remember visiting west point as a boy many times in the scouts and then in the royal rangers after. I lived not very far from there then, about 2 hours drive. They also threw around the word scholarship. I was going through old Boy's life magazines, hoping to find an ad in there too. Came up empty though in that search.

edit on Fri, 06 Nov 2015 20:53:38 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

That you flat out lied about what the guy said, for all to see. I guess.........

That's complete bs. Quote me or

And then 1001 words on "context". haha, you do realize that this doesn't actually HELP your fixation on the "crimes of synonyms", no ?

Yes, context is simple. It's the basic gist of what's been said, the framework therein. Carson had good opportunities in the military, he chose to serve in medicine instead. That was the context. Not whether "offered" means "applied" or "free ride" means "scholarship".

Help who with what? Don't let a couple stars from wingnuts give you a false sense of accomplishment — they'll star anyone that appears to be "on their side." Now you've sunk so far into this sinkhole of irrational doublespeak you call an argument that you're actually trying to claim that "offered" and "applied" mean the same thing. Well played?

Isn't it also strange that the ghost writer and Ben Carson happened to be telling the same fictional narrative all this time and making the same mistakes in word choice while doing it?

The inescapable fact is that yesterday, there was one version of this alleged crossroads in Carson's life and now today there's a different version which is allegedly more true (less of a lie?). No amount of failed attempts at shifting the focus to anything else really matters. It's also true that nine people interviewed by CNN who knew him 'way back when' don't remember any of his stories of attempted murder and violent outbursts the way he tells them (or his ghost writer or his campaign manager). Are you're going to say it doesn't matter if he "stabbed" or "thought about stabbing" a friend/classmate/now close relative who he spoke to yesterday. (really, who has the time for boring 'ol true stories)

This is fun. I've never brawled with people so dedicated to hitting themselves over the head with the inane, and repeated fail.

Feigning nonchalance is cool. I suppose there's always that to fall back on when you can't make a cogent argument.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

No.

It was in his book:

At the end of my twelfth grade I marched at the head of the Memorial Day parade. I felt so proud, my chest bursting with ribbons and braids of every kind. To make it more wonderful, we had important visitors that day. Two soliders who had won the Congressional Medal of Honor in Viet Nam[sic] were present. More exciting to me, General William Westmoreland (very prominent in the Viet Nam war) attended with an impressive entourage. Afterward, Sgt. Hunt introduced me to General Westmoreland, and I had dinner with him and the congressional Medal winners. Later I was offered a full scholarship to West Point.

I didn't refuse the scholarship outright, but I let them know that a military career wasn't where I saw myself going. As overjoyed as I felt to be offered such a scholarship, I wasn't really tempted. The scholarship would have obligated me to spend four years in military after I finished college, precluding my chances to go on to medical school.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Interesting, this same rag just put out a story that supposedly clears
Hillary with a "no classified" emails were found story.

LOL...citing an "unnamed source" even as The State Department
states otherwise. No facts, no sources.

Bingo!

edit on 6-11-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

That story headline is all over the news about Hillary.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

A calculated two story hit.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
What a wonderful array of candidates the propaganda machine is delivering to the American public.

They range from full blown psychos to individuals with delusions of grandeur and the machine is ensuring everyone focuses on the past (apparent) indiscretions of these muppets all the while ignoring the real issues like job creation, US military actions in foreign countries, healthcare, crumbling public infrastructure, domestic spending and reigning in an out-of-control big government and alphabet agencies hell bent on restricting freedoms, gun ownership and free speech whilst being obsessed with spying "to catch terrorists"

Oh what a tangled web we weave, we first we practice to deceive

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

real issues like job creation, US military actions in foreign countries, healthcare, crumbling public infrastructure, domestic spending and reigning in an out-of-control big government and alphabet agencies hell bent on restricting freedoms, gun ownership and free speech whilst being obsessed with spying "to catch terrorists"

I agree with your post but even those aren't the real issue. Those are all symptoms of the real issue: conflict of interest between politicians and big money (Lobbying, Super-Pacs, Half A billion dollar presidential campaign run,etc .... ) is the REAL issue.

The only issue that both party should be working on as neither side is getting what they want is corruption.
1. Creating Congregational term limits

2. Getting rid of Super-pacs and even abolishing private donations using technology.

3. Lobbying reform to utilize technology to hear the peoples voice instead of BIG MONEY.

4. Close the revolving door policy between gov't and private industry.

However, they are not doing that because in reality the MSM, GOP and the DNC are just tools used by the Global Corporate Oligopolies in charge to manipulate the people and divert them from the real issue .

Hence items 1-4 listed above will not even get air time. Instead we will get to hear if they prefer to wear boxer or briefs, or if they were any animal what would it be.

Its SAD how humanity wastes its capabilities.

edit on 411130America/ChicagoFri, 06 Nov 2015 22:41:01 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Hmmm:

Mr. Carson, in a telephone interview Friday, described his offer as less formal.

“I don’t remember all the specific details,” he said. “It was, you know, an informal ‘with a record like yours, we could easily get you a scholarship to West Point.’ ”

Interesting that he doesn't remember the specific details now after being fairly specific about the encounter and alleged offer previously.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
We know at least part of what he said in his book is wrong - he didn't meet Gen. Westmoreland on Memorial Day:

Carson spokesman Doug Watts could not immediately explain the discrepancies in Carson’s published account of meeting Westmoreland on Memorial Day 1969 and the general being in Washington that day.

You know what? It really doesn't even matter. Carson is on record saying that he tried to stab his best friend (a relative) and hit his mother with a hammer.

Really - these are things he has claimed he did. Others who knew him as a teen say that's B.S. - which leaves us with the curious dilemma as to which is worse for a wannabe president: making up fantasy tales about violence towards relatives or actually committing physical violence towards relatives?

I know one thing... I don't want him as president with his claimed background - never mind if it's true or not.

e: I do want to point out something Politico appears to have gotten wrong - Memorial Day in 1969 wasn't when they think it was... it was May 30th. That was the traditional date up until 1971, when it was changed (by a law enacted in 1968) to be on the last Monday in May specifically for a 3-day weekend.
edit on 23Fri, 06 Nov 2015 23:44:32 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Ben Carson is a joke. And the violent past, true or not, either makes him a liar or a sociopath. The man knows nothing about politics, or foreign policy. Grain in the pyramids, homosexuality is a choice. How he's beating anybody in the polls only speaks of the legitimacy of republican voters.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Eh?

(Quoted that myself a few pages back.)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: theantediluvian

Eh?

(Quoted that myself a few pages back.)

Burntheships said, "I dont see anywhere that Carson said he met Westmoreland in Detroit."

Except that IS what's clearly implied by the account in the book. Now it sounds like these were supposed to have occurred on two different days? If Westmoreland wasn't in the Detroit area on the day of the parade, the story as it reads cannot be true.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join