It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Ben Carson, Is his campaign destroyed or getting ready to take off?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If you look at the news today and even the most recent topics here on ATS, 2016 Elections:

then the answer is obviously his campaign is going down right? He will soon drop out!

Wrong, all the Recent Polls have him climbing steadily each and every week.

I am curious to everyone reading this why do you believe this is? Do you believe his campaign is really falling apart or do you believe this is another Media smear due to the soon to be high flying Ben Carson.

IF you agree with his economic, domestic and foreign policy, do you really care if he exaggerated a bit about a west point scholarship or if he is a "Creationist"?

My prediction? After the next debate, his support will begin to go over the 30% mark and he will be the clear front runner, and the only thing currently being destroyed is any credibility the media had left.

UPDATE: Politico News Story lied, NOT Ben Carson
That was just posted, Apparently the story was a complete lie. This just adds to what I'm saying. The Media is now ACTIVELY LIEING trying to destroy Dr. Carson.
edit on 11/6/2015 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I just don't understand what people see in him other than his Christian faith. He's never held any type of political office so how is he at all qualified to lead a country? I hope his campaign fails, he sin't fit to run our country. At least Obama (being one of the worst presidents ever) had some political experience before being elected.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

I'd vote for him unless someone better came along.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I just don't understand what people see in him other than his Christian faith. He's never held any type of political office so how is he at all qualified to lead a country? I hope his campaign fails, he sin't fit to run our country. At least Obama (being one of the worst presidents ever) had some political experience before being elected.

Our Founding Fathers were never elected either, and I for one think they did a great job. If you are unsure about his issues you can get them straight form the horses mouth on his Campaign Site

No need to take my word for it. I personally like his view on taxes and healthcare.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

If the Politco hit piece turns out to really be a "political hit piece" then yeah. His campaign will kick into high gear.

Trump has already put his foot in his mouth.

On the other hand. If Ben Carson does some "apology" to something as an outright lie, he is done.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The mere fact that so many forums are about Dr. Ben Carson, and that they are intended to be negative, speaks volumes in my opinion.

The left is trying, and the irony is, the more they try to hurt him, the more they help him.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Our Founding Fathers were never elected either, and I for one think they did a great job. If you are unsure about his issues you can get them straight form the horses mouth on his Campaign Site

No need to take my word for it. I personally like his view on taxes and healthcare.

Our founding fathers had experience in politics though. They didn't just get elected to Congress in the 1780's as fresh politicians or anything.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think they just gave Dr. Carson a huge lift.
The secret is out...the liberal media is a machine built to execute high-tech lynchings of anyone who has the strength of character and the guts to walk off the liberal plantation.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

I am curious to everyone reading this why do you believe this is? Do you believe his campaign is really falling apart or do you believe this is another Media smear due to the soon to be high flying Ben Carson.

I think it's as simple as serious voters zero interest in the circus, hype, and drama of early front runners.

This is media's time for ratings, speculation, etc.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Oh bullcrap! Both sides of the aisle stoop to political hit pieces. Don't pretend like the Liberal media is the only one that does it.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Oh bullcrap! Both sides of the aisle stoop to political hit pieces. Don't pretend like the Liberal media is the only one that does it.

The liberal media got away with it for decades. Now, they're finally being challenged.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think the only reason he is even still considered is because of the complete clowns he's running against, which includes himself.
edit on 6-11-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Said it before, it's a repeat of the Herman Cane fiasco. The left cannot bear the thought of Conservative voters destroying their fantasy world of "racist GOP won't ever vote for a minority," so they do their best to steamroll the reputation of any minority Conservative candidate if they start to show signs of momentum.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Said it before, it's a repeat of the Herman Cane fiasco. The left cannot bear the thought of Conservative voters destroying their fantasy world of "racist GOP won't ever vote for a minority," so they do their best to steamroll the reputation of any minority Conservative candidate if they start to show signs of momentum.

Ya know --- some people "sink" themselves without any outside help.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The liberal media got away with it for decades. Now, they're finally being challenged.

Um... No... They've gotten away with it no more than the right has. The only difference between the right and the left's political hit pieces is that when the left gets called out for lying, they usually drop it. The right on the other hand just plugs its fingers in its ears and doubles down on its rhetoric. As an example, I site the birther controversy.
edit on 6-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yes, especially when they pick ultimately inconsequential issues to base the arguments on while ignoring massive red flags from candidates (or seated officials) because they support them. It's called "swallowing camels while choking at gnats" in the Bible.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
What lie in the birther discussion are you claiming was put forth by the right in an equal manner to that of politico this am.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The smear campaign against Carson won't have any real traction I think. I expect there to be a significan increase in voting activity in 2016. I believe it was a turnout of around 57% for the election in 2012 and I'm thinking we'll see around 68-70% turnout next year. The left is scared of Carson and Trump. People are fed up with the current political climate and Carson and Trump have effectively set themselves apart from the political machine and that's where their momentum comes from.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Krazysh0t
What lie in the birther discussion are you claiming was put forth by the right in an equal manner to that of politico this am.

The ENTIRE discussion turned out to be a lie. Obama is 100% qualified to be the President as per his birth certificate, but even after Obama produced said birth certificate the right STILL didn't drop it. Instead they tried to pick apart the actual certificate and say it was a fake.

I'd say that the birther issue was pushed by the right MUCH harder than Politico story was pushed by left. I imagine that the Politico story will drop into the waste bin of failed propaganda. But if the RIGHT had pushed that story instead, you can BET they'd turn around and try to spin it so the story stayed relevant.
edit on 6-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The smear campaign against Carson won't have any real traction I think. I expect there to be a significan increase in voting activity in 2016. I believe it was a turnout of around 57% for the election in 2012 and I'm thinking we'll see around 68-70% turnout next year. The left is scared of Carson and Trump. People are fed up with the current political climate and Carson and Trump have effectively set themselves apart from the political machine and that's where their momentum comes from.

It is a smear.

"Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship"

On Friday, Ben Carson’s campaign admitted that a central point in his inspirational personal story was fabricated: his application and acceptance into the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.

Well, Ben Carson has done no such thing. Ben Carson never said he ever applied at West Point.

Storyline Bogus.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join