It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS 3.04 - NYPD X-Ray Vans Loose On The Streets of New York

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It turns out that the NYPD is driving around New York City, using military grade x-ray equipment to look into cars, buildings, trailers, and who knows what else. And to make matters worse, even when ordered to reveal details about the x-ray equipment, NYPD Police Commissioner Bill Bratton refuses to do so. When combined with the stingray device and more than 3,000 license place scanning cameras, the NYPD has turned into a full-fledge spying agency. We take a close look at this BS, and who’ fighting the good fight.

Links to supporting research and reference material...

nypost.com...

law.justia.com...

as-e.com...

as-e.com...

as-e.com...

www.radiationanswers.org...

www.wired.com...

www.documentcloud.org...

thefreethoughtproject.com...

www.nyclu.org...

www.nyclu.org...

edit on 6-11-2015 by theNLBS because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2015 by theNLBS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

hide yo kids, hide yo wife. What happened to that beautiful thing that we all use to know as privacy?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The only way to respond to ubiquitous state surveillance is to have similar or better private surveillance.

I am uncomfortable with the possibility that, perhaps, private civilian invasive mobile x-ray machines are now necessary in response. After all, shouldn't everyone know what is behind every wall?

On a technical note, SSDs based on NAND are susceptible to bit flipping when subjected to x-rays.

I wonder how the tax payers of NYC will cover the data corruption lawsuits that are inevitable not to mention any health risks that may be associated with careless radiation emissions, if any.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

The only way to respond to ubiquitous state surveillance is to have similar or better private surveillance.

Interestingly enough I noticed the other day that 94th street between Lex and 3rd was patrolled by private security.

I guess it's not a new thing though... From 1983 PRIVATE SECURITY PATROLS ON RISE IN CITY'S MIDDLE-CLASS AREAS

Mr. Zuccaro is part of a private security patrol, paid for by homeowners and tenants who feel that such patrols give them protection and a deterrent that an understaffed and overworked Police Department cannot provide.

Until a few years ago, such forces had been maintained primarily in the affluent neighborhoods of New York City, in pockets on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and in the enclave beach communities of Brooklyn. But many residents of Canarsie and similar middle-class communities have now become willing to pay to fend off the neighborhood deterioration that they fear would accompany a rise in crime.

edit on 6-11-2015 by theNLBS because: added article

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Corporate and building security has been around for a long time and, as long as it isn't simply folded into the state systems, is potentially useful as a secondary source for evidence in any dispute.

I am really encouraging every individual person to consider conducting their own persistent surveillance.

It isn't that I wanted privacy to end but, since it has already, I see no benefit to the monopolization of evidence collection.

Anything that is illegal for individuals to do must also be illegal for the state to do.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

this is next level spying, and blatant.

So they can spy on us, under the guise of if you are not doing nothing illegal, you shouldnt worry; yet they try to make it illegal to record police on the streets when they make 'routine' stops. why should LEOs worry about video cameras if they are not doing anything illegal themselves...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Looks like they are upping their game,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread is about a police spy bus, just a lame ol' spy bus that uses an ancient technology.

Gotta use them x-rays now.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

So, question I had asked in the last thread on this: How powerful are these things and can they be used to overdose you on x-rays?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

what they are doing is illegal. But hey, so was what the NSA was/IS doing

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
So, question I had asked in the last thread on this: How powerful are these things and can they be used to overdose you on x-rays?

Theoretically, by their declared emissions, they don't deliver "harmful" doses but, repeated exposure could be cumulatively dangerous.
edit on 6-11-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Oh boy! this is going to be a New York City Lawyer's wet dream! All the law suits from people getting Lupus to to inoperative brain tumors. Bratton must have deeeeeep pockets...

BTW, didn't 60 minutes expose NYC's police department's intelligence center with very close ties to the NSA, CIA, DOD, Interpol and a whole crapload of other police, military and intelligence units?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I have an interesting and related personal experience.

My very-first full time job was with a company using beta-backscatter emissions (close to X-ray, but not as powerful) to measure the coating thicknesses of metals. One of the most popular uses was quality assurance to measure silver plating on copper circuit boars.

I was a bench technician (electronics geek) and wasn't that exposed to the radiation. But the people working around the test bed area were.

The owners were reassuring everyone that the radiation was equivalent to about 10% of an average chest x-ray. But after OSHA came in to perform some testing, people as far away as 100 feet from the test bed were getting the equivalent of 50 chest x-rays every day. The company was shut down.

And that was from a small 8-gram isotope. Imagine the emissions from a military-grade x-ray machine scanning cars and buildings as it slowly drives down the street.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
^ so pretty much it's like this:

edit on 6-11-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

but much, much worse

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The 4th amendment? What's that? We live in interesting times to say the least.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Yeah, I have a feeling that these are going to cause massive long term exposure damage both to the operators and any "long term or repeat" targets.

Also, the potential abuse to use this as a weapon. Just give them cancer.

edit on 6-11-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Awesome exposé!

I can't watch the video right this moment, but powerful x-rays like that would be a health concern, no? I mean TSA agents are worried about being around those body scanners all day, and doctors put lead vests over themselves when they give you x-rays...?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
When they go high-tech, go low tech. Worked for these guys:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
NLBS - this was an excellent approach to one of the darker alleys out there!
S&F!!

But, sadly and regrettably, considering this place time-wise we're currently residing; the middle of the second decade of the 21st century, the technology required to make even something as frightening as 1984 into a reality... has already long since come and gone.

George Orwell, if alive today, I am sure would do a sequel that would be so far more disturbing and real that... it could, or perhaps even would be prohibited from publication.

Yeah. Like that. Gagged into silenced.

I'd wager that within a very short time, if not already, these x-ray devices will be loaded onto small planes and even remote controlled drones.

Privacy in one's home is now, today, a thing of the past...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
here is a website selling protective clothing your going to need it protective clothing for sale

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join