It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coward Protesters Hiding Behind Masks.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

Nice thread, written by (stolencar18)...... sorry, i smell undercover pig looking for praise.
But thats just my opinion. Talk about a blown out handle .

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scouse100
OP I suggest you do a little research on what life was like for the average worker before unions came along. Those at the top would generally pay as little as possible in exchange for as many hours work as possible and as few rights a possible because nobody was holding them accountable. If they can get away with it they will and that's why we have strikes and protests.

So folk can just work for longer if they are skint, but where does it end, how many hours should someone have to work for to support their family? Should they be entitled to any time off at all to spend with their family and god forbid have any sort of life? Remember, we are the lucky ones, some folk don't have the capacity/capability to gain those skills needed that will increase their salary/hourly pay. And even if everybody took your advice and did just that there are always going to be those low paid jobs, somebody still has to do them.

I was going to talk about the masks too but I believe most of what I was going to say has already been covered. What amazes me is that thousands of people gathered to protest, this in itself highlights some huge societal issues but the only issues the media seem bothered about reporting are those caused by a small group of trouble makers.

If you think modern unions are anything like the "original" unions you're mistaken. I've been part of a major union and read lots about others. While I haven't experienced anything like what is portrayed on some tv shows, I have seen vote influencing, favouritism, politics, etc. I don't believe many of the bigger unions nowadays are really out to protect the average Joe like you or I. Some of the smaller local unions sound like they're a bit cleaner though. Having said that, in my area they're mostly about making sure you can't possibly get fired for anything no matter what you do wrong or planning social events.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta
What happened to eye to eye? Go look at Syria. There's your eye to eye.

So I guess riot helmets, full body armor, and military equipment is not spineless and anonymous when handling civilians? Did the LEAs all of a sudden start wearing name tags with their addresses on them, and I wasn't informed? Did they trade in their automatic weapons for nerf bats?

Your leaps in logic are astounding. I guess the petrodollar can't afford good sock puppets these days. Times must really be bad....

First off, show me the "automatic weapons" that are pervasive in law enforcement (psst...they're not).

Second, protecting one's self against known dangers in order to do your job against potentially dangerous individuals is not cowardice, it's intelligent. Dying at the hands of lawless groups of ill-conceived herd mentality is not exactly high on anyone's bucket list. And your implied expectation that LEOs have their addresses available is asinine...but I agree that names should always be visible.

I challenge you to show me my 'astounding leaps in logic,' because all I said was:

Most of today's youths are cowards, Anonymous notwithstanding.

Whatever happened to looking someone in the eye (without a mask) and airing your grievance like a human being and not an autonomous robotic group?

I think people quit having a spine ever since their spines were deformed from staring at smartphones all day and slouching on the couch playing video games with their "friends" online.

If you can intelligently argue against my claim (and by the looks of it, you can't, what with diverting attention to LEOs when the thread is about masked protestors), I'd be happy to consider your argument.

Here's the ball...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Well said. The problem isn't necessarily with the protest (even if I disagree with the cause, I still support the right to protest, even if the methods are questionable - as long as they aren't damaging to another business or person). The problem is that people can't put their own name and face beside their demands. If you really believe what you are saying stand up and have the balls to say it without hiding.

As far as the attempts to derail this thread into a debate on LEO's, unions, and the pros/cons of capitalism, I don't really care. The point in my OP stands - they are cowards hiding behind masks while demanding more.

All this BS about "the majority wants..." and "oh EVERYBODY thinks this way" is pure BS. I'm not going to bother with the math right now, but the percentage of people that protest about this is tiny compared to the amount of people who are enjoying life and benefiting from the way things work. Sure, there are problems, but show me a system that doesn't have problems. The fact is that the VAST majority of people disagree with these protesters, or at the very least aren't bothered by the imagined "problem" to think it's important enough to do something about.

Even if we imagine that for every 1 protester there were another 10 people at home who WISHED they were protesting and believe in the same cause, that's still only a tiny fraction of the population, and that fraction wants to leech off the remainder of us.

Get it through your heads...the majority disagree. I disagree. Others in this thread and other threads disagree. Not everyone wants what you want so quit trying to shove it down our throats. I don't want to fund your laziness. Learn how the system works instead of whining about changing it. All that happens is people want to change the next system, and the one after that, and so on. You'll never be happy until you choose to be.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
First off, police wear face masks all of the time.

Secondly, the wearing of masks by protesters server two purposes:

1. Protection from being recorded. Nowadays thee protests are video recored and you will be put on a list and systematically punished after the protest. This wasn't a problem in days gone by.
2. Display of solidarity. With the powers-that-be unable to pick out every individual they are forced to see the protesters as a group.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedParrotHead
First off, police wear face masks all of the time.

Secondly, the wearing of masks by protesters server two purposes:

1. Protection from being recorded. Nowadays thee protests are video recored and you will be put on a list and systematically punished after the protest. This wasn't a problem in days gone by.
2. Display of solidarity. With the powers-that-be unable to pick out every individual they are forced to see the protesters as a group.

I could go on and on, but I'll just say this...
Comparing police officers wearing masks or helmets for safety reasons to protect them from dirtbags who stalk them and their families, throw things in their face, etc can't be compared to this. Not even close.
As far as being recorded, your assumptions about a list and punishments are speculative and paranoid, and the solidarity aspect is made up. If people are standing up for what is right and just there will be solidarity without a need for masks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join