It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salt Water Powered Cars for the Masses And Other Uses For This Amazing Technology!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Miccey

Fuel is normally defined as something that gives us energy or power through chemical or nuclear reaction.

Gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, coal, wood, even nuclear fuel rods change.

Water used in hydro dams, or saw mills is not really considered a fuel, but is considered more as a Force in those cases.

If you had a device that took water and split it into it's individual components, Hydrogen and Oxygen, then used those for energy or power, then you could consider the water a fuel source a that point...but then, it's under going a chemical reaction or change.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

If the technology works expect it to be shelved or never come to fruition considering the dependency TPTB require us to have on any and all fossil and oil based fuels.
And if it doesn't work, expect the failure to be deflected to suppression caused by TPTB.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The greedy little mice won't be satisfied until they drain the life from this planet.

Change is coming for them. No rock big enough to hide from it, here or beyond.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
So here is some more information on salt water cars! I think this technology could really help our civilization! I would love to see this technology used in home generators!

There’s A Car That’s Powered By Salt Water!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Cool. So how does that work? When you use up the salt water do you just pour in some more?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Here is some more interesting technology salt water and graphine make electricity! Interesting to say the least!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

If you had a device that took water and split it into it's individual components, Hydrogen and Oxygen, then used those for energy or power, then you could consider the water a fuel source a that point...but then, it's under going a chemical reaction or change.

Yes. Like Bob Lazar has done.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
So here is some more information on salt water cars! I think this technology could really help our civilization! I would love to see this technology used in home generators!

You need to get past keywords! You ought to try actually watching/reading your cites! It would help you understand!

Even your own cites tell you exactly what I did above!!! Go to 2:25!!! You'll hear your talking head say "it has two tanks of liquid with dissolved metallic salts"!! Not exactly seawater, is it???!!?

And what happens after the liquid is used??!!? IT'S WASTE!! HA HA HA!!! It takes electrical power to make the dissolved metallic salts!! More than you get back from the flow cell!! About 140-170% more!! So it's not like you're dumping a bucket of seawater in and away you go! That's ad hype, which you might have figured out had you read what a flow cell was first!!

Once the not-quite-seawater-is-it fluids are turned into tanks o' waste, they have to be shipped back to a power plant! One that burns coal, or natural gas!!! And there they have to be reprocessed into the original liquid! And THAT takes 140-170% of what you're going to get back later!!!! So you're going to have to build LOTS AND LOTS OF POWER PLANTS!!!!1!!!111!! All putting CO2 into the atmosphere!! eta: unless they're nukes!!!

Getting the power from the power plant to your home is a lot more efficient than turning waste metallic salts into "fuel", shipping it to your house, then combining it in a home flow cell, then shipping the waste back!!!11!! So it would be nuts to do!!!
edit on 6-11-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miccey
So to be defined as "Fuel" it HAS to burn???
Hmmm

Yes. It has to undergo a chemical or nuclear reaction in which it gives up energy and becomes something with less potential energy.

If water could burn, producing water as a byproduct, you'd have a perpetual motion machine.

You're not altering water in any way in a hydro plant. You're extracting the potential energy of position - water at a higher altitude traveling to a lower one. That gives you mass times little g times the delta in height in energy out. The water does not change form in any way. It's just a handy thing that's deposited at a higher altitude for you by the Sun evaporating it and it falling as rain or snow up the mountain.

That's not a fuel.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Seriously, you have to ask "what is the point of the quant vehicle", if there is one.

What you have there, were it to actually exist, which they have a track record of a lot of hat and no cattle for several years, is that it's yet another electric car. That's it. It's basically no different than a Tesla.

Where it DOES differ, is that instead of storing energy in the metal states of the anodes and cathodes of a lithium battery, they store it as the metal states of two tanks of "fuel" slurry. That's run through a fuel-cell looking device that converts the two fuel slurries into two waste slurries, producing electrical power.

The advantage? It's faster to re-fuel the vehicle. You can pump out the wastes and pump in new fuel in minutes, compared to how long it takes to charge a Tesla. That's it. Instead of long charge times, you have four different chemical goops, which are hopefully not too toxic and don't cause environmental hell to produce in the first place.

But you still have to make them in the first place, you have to recycle it, and you have to put energy back into it, and in the end, all that is not as energy efficient as charging a battery. So you're trading some efficiency for convenience. But it's still just an electric car. It's not magic free energy. They just want you to think it is, from the ad side of the company.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
So it looks like the navy is getting in on the power from salt water action too! Awesome stuff here!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
So here is more on how salt water can be made into fuel, I think its very interesting and could be the next big thing!

U.S. Navy reveals new renewable energy technology that turns seawater into jet fuel

Creating Fuel from Seawater

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

So here is more on how salt water can be made into fuel, I think its very interesting and could be the next big thing!

This is totally different from the eQuant.

Basically the Navy is taking water, electrolyzing it into hydrogen and oxygen, taking CO2 dissolved in seawater, breaking it into carbon and oxygen, then running it through a catalytic reformer.

It takes a huge amount of power to do. WAY more than you get out of it. So it's totally cost ineffective and you'd only do it in odd circumstances like being at sea and needing to fuel aircraft without a fuel supply line being available.

So the expense is only going to be worth it in weird circumstances, one of which is the Navy, sometimes. Not for home use, where you'd have electricity, or for civilian automobiles where an electric car (or even an equant) is far far more efficient than this.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I did a thread on this last year. While this would be feasible and make financial sense for the Navy it would not for the average Joe.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

On a good note I hear that Black Light power is just around the corner with a break through, they just need a little more donations to get the kinks working.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

I did a thread on this last year. While this would be feasible and make financial sense for the Navy it would not for the average Joe.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

On a good note I hear that Black Light power is just around the corner with a break through, they just need a little more donations to get the kinks working.

Its a good and very interesting thread its a bit different than this thread as this is dealing a little more with products and different uses on various types of salt water technology not just one type. This thread is also addressing different types of science when it comes to getting power out of salt water. Thanks for the share feel free to add more information to this thread or your own as news comes along! Cheers!

Here is a salt water powered toy, which could be a kind of proof of concept:

Here is another news story on some very different uses for salt water:

An accidental discovery of salt water fuel while doing cancer research
edit on 7-11-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Kanzius just found a new and even more inefficient way of doing electrolysis, using a diathermy machine.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta
The greedy little mice won't be satisfied until they drain the life from this planet.

Change is coming for them. No rock big enough to hide from it, here or beyond.

So very true! I wonder if this technology will ever take off for the American public?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
Bedlam thanks for being a voice of reason. You make this place better IMHO. Just stay that way. No anti-Bedlam troubelmaking. I'm sure somebody could produce a diagram to explain. Too complicated for me really. The end result is complete annihilation of Bedlam and no more stars.
edit on 11/7/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
So I thought this was very interesting, DIY salt water generating electricity!

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

So I thought this was very interesting, DIY salt water generating electricity!

Actually, no.

The salt water is acting here as an electrolyte. Its function is totally passive.

The copper and aluminum are generating the electricity, because they have different electronegativity and are immersed in a conductive fluid, the salt water.

As power is produced, the copper and aluminum are converted to salts, and would eventually be used up. The power produced is coming from the energy put into creating metallic copper and aluminum to start with.

It's incredibly inefficient. This is basically the same experiment most kids used to do stacking copper pennies and silver dimes with paper towel separators soaked in bleach, salt water, or hydrochloric acid. Any conductive fluid will do. Even pee.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join