It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Propaganda - Blatant Beyond Words

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Yes I agree I wrote about that the other day. Our Government puts these people in areas where there are already lots of other immigrants. Its not just muslims etc. It is the same with say Polish people. There are large areas of the UK now where lots of Poles live in similar areas. I think it is human nature to live with people who share the same language, history and culture as yourself. So when people going on about multiculturism, it doesn't really work. Our society now is just lots of smaller societies living side by side with the odd person moving into areas where the are a minority. The only difference with Polish people, they do learn our language and they do share our westernised ideas. Difference with muslims they want to change our country to fit in with their culture.a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
You have got it spot on that is exactly what is happening here in the UK and now we have stuff happening like this today in Daily Express www.express.co.uk... where a British person has tried to buy food at a KFC and been told he can't have bacon because it is a Halal only restaurant. As it was the Daily Express and I couldn't believe what I was reading I decided to research it further and found it is actually true www.zabihah.com... reply to: jimmyx

This is what is concerning so many British people. Bit by bit our culture is being taken over. When something as western as KFC is now refusing someone British their right to the full menu on offer because of the religion of Islam then I am sorry but in my opinion it has gone to far. I am not against Halal meat being sold although I am dubious about how the animals are treated. We have really strict laws here in the UK with regard to animals being slaughtered but once again the rules have been changed for muslims.

A simple bit of background for you, it may help to change your perceptions! KFC isn't run by "The Colonel". Branches are sold as franchises that stay under the umbrella (and they won't even consider you for a franchise unless you have cash assets of over £1 Million).

So, the "KFC" in question was actually a franchise branch. That part of Derby is predominantly Muslim, therefore it is entirel sensible of the franchisee to cater to his / her core customer group. In point of fact, it would be business suicide if that wasn't the case.

Long story short, media creating a story out of a nothing situation.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
You can still propagandize while telling the truth.
It's just you cherry-pick the truths you're going to tell.
Telling half the story is that same as lying in my book, the whole truth or nothing.

Can't disagree with this statement but at the same time, the article itself actually appears to be factually correct. Where the BBC has gone wrong (and not for the first time) is that there is no similar article about Ethnic minorities falsely accusing Ethnic majorities - this is what opens up the accusations of bias.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
i dont believe in or have never made a prediction or other mumbo jumbo future seeing, but i think i know which way this thread is headed...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Why have they chosen a white person and a black person then? Why didn't they do a mixed bag of both white people and black people who have committed crimes but tried to cover them up, surely that would be unbiased reporting. They are also having a go at the US if you look the cases they have chosen. It looks to me like they are saying white people in US make black people the scapegoat!a reply to: uncommitted

Not all actually refer to a persons skin colour (see Brittany Norwood where it refers just to two masked men), but if they do then perhaps people should draw their own conclusions as to why that would be the case.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
a reply to: jimmyx

While that may be partially true, an interesting fact is that governments seem to put, say, all immigrants in one particular housing area to begin with. This makes integration more difficult to begin with.

Combine this with nearby housing areas tending to be poor/less educated local residential complexes. People who are likely to read tabloids and have prejudices, conflicts occur. This keeps people apart and causes say immigrants to want to keep to themselves as they feel safer.

Lots of over generalizations there but I hope the point is obvious.

to me, if I moved to another country, due to having such a difficult life in my own country, and, I was granted permission to become a citizen, I would do everything I could to adjust to my new countries culture. when Islamic religious leaders openly condemn western culture, why don't they themselves move back to the middle east....this is why it doesn't make sense, and leads western European people to believe that Muslims are trying to change western Europe, into an Islamic Europe

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Whilst i agree i also see no realistic reasons why someone could not fully embrace their new nation whilst retaining their cultural identity. There are numerous examples that show this is entirely possible.

Things get muddied though. For example, look at Islamic headscarves. Whilst i understand objections to the niqab and burqa, what do people not like about general head scarves (hijabs)?. The amount of times i have seen Muslim ladies getting abuse over hijabs is, frankly, embarrassing for our nation.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Whilst i agree i also see no realistic reasons why someone could not fully embrace their new nation whilst retaining their cultural identity. There are numerous examples that show this is entirely possible.

Things get muddied though. For example, look at Islamic headscarves. Whilst i understand objections to the niqab and burqa, what do people not like about general head scarves (hijabs)?. The amount of times i have seen Muslim ladies getting abuse over hijabs is, frankly, embarrassing for our nation.

Not quite sure what that has to do with someone committing a crime and attempting to falsify it by inventing a story of how they were attacked/robbed/kidnapped etc?

It's only taken a page and a half and the topic has become detached from the op hasn't it?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the average westerner in Europe, I think they have a future of riots and conflict with immigrated Muslims for decades to come. fatalist prediction that I hope does not come true.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
I feel sorry for the average westerner in Europe, I think they have a future of riots and conflict with immigrated Muslims for decades to come. fatalist prediction that I hope does not come true.

And again, nice spin on turning this into an anti immigration story when the OP had nothing whatsoever to do with that - are you posting in the right thread?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Actually, the thread content was taken apart on page 1 by yourself (correctly so). Are you accusing me of anti immigrant rhetoric?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

Actually, the thread content was taken apart on page 1 by yourself (correctly so). Are you accusing me of anti immigrant rhetoric?

I suggested that people were falsifying crimes by blaming others - that was the crux of the article in the op that the poster seemed to imply was blatant propaganda, yes I did.

I actually responded to you as at the time you were the most recent poster and the comment you made was about some peoples intolerance to clothing that some muslim ladies wear. I questioned what the post had to do with the Op and then made a rhetorical comment about how quickly so many threads veer to someone's agenda rather than the topic in hand.

It really was rhetorical about the thread on the whole, the second paragraph in the post you refer to was not directed specifically at yourself, apologies if you thought otherwise.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

here in the states, if an American woman has her picture taken for a drivers license or other photo I.D.'s, she is ask to remove any head coverings. this is done to make identification easier, but somehow when a Muslim woman is ask to do that, it's an affront to their religion. how can an immigrated religiously intolerant people, co-exist with the religiously tolerant natives?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Why have they chosen a white person and a black person then? Why didn't they do a mixed bag of both white people and black people who have committed crimes but tried to cover them up, surely that would be unbiased reporting. They are also having a go at the US if you look the cases they have chosen. It looks to me like they are saying white people in US make black people the scapegoat!a reply to: uncommitted

Not all actually refer to a persons skin colour (see Brittany Norwood where it refers just to two masked men), but if they do then perhaps people should draw their own conclusions as to why that would be the case.

Here in Philly when a crime is committed, the media never describes if the perp is white or black, just what they were wearing. The physical description could be quite valuable when asking for the general public's help in assisting to help LEO. I wonder what the police sketch looks like. But in the world of the progressive media and the current state of affairs, political correctness trumps public safety. A few years ago there was a big stink when the Philadelphia Daily News listed pictures of the most wanted criminals in Philly. Like 17 of top 20 were black. Of course the NAACP claimed bigotry. Don't let facts get in the way of possibly offending people. Law abiding citizens of all colors would want to know what they should be aware of I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

And again, nice spin on turning this into an anti immigration story when the OP had nothing whatsoever to do with that - are you posting in the right thread?

the very first line of the opening post says the UK is in the midst of a migrant crisis, and then the post goes on to report that some individual people use racial scapegoating to avoid their own crime...uhm ok....so what?.....this has been happening for centuries...if the opening line wasn't put into the post, there wouldn't be any discussion about Muslims "migrating" to Europe.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

the very first line of the opening post says the UK is in the midst of a migrant crisis, and then the post goes on to report that some individual people use racial scapegoating to avoid their own crime...uhm ok....so what?.....this has been happening for centuries...if the opening line wasn't put into the post, there wouldn't be any discussion about Muslims "migrating" to Europe.

Because the article the op points to has nothing to do with migrants, I believe the poster is stirring up their own propaganda. The op title is BBC Propaganda - Blatant beyond words, yet there is nothing to do with either immigration or come to that, the UK.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

don't lump all progressives, liberals, and democrats into one big FOX NEWS pot....if the perp was black, show it, if he was Mexican, show it, I don't care, nor do a lot of liberals that I know. in fact, very few of my fellow democrats think like this. it's a stereotype that needs to be stopped. just like in the conservative world, there are right-wing nutters....but, they do not represent all conservatives, or republicans.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Because the article the op points to has nothing to do with migrants, I believe the poster is stirring up their own propaganda. The op title is BBC Propaganda - Blatant beyond words, yet there is nothing to do with either immigration or come to that, the UK.

well, it's far from being the first time here on ATS, where the title makes no sense compared to the actual post.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

In other words, you can't take seriously what anyone says if they are white, and who they are complaining about is not white - it's a smaller part of the social engineering that is being thrust upon us, to stop people from daring to say anything, or complain about anything for fear of being bunched in with the "whitey racist scaremongerers".

Alternatively, when people in societies with minorities fake a crime, they tend to finger a member of the minority, because they know popular prejudice is more likely to believe in a minority criminal.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

don't lump all progressives, liberals, and democrats into one big FOX NEWS pot....if the perp was black, show it, if he was Mexican, show it, I don't care, nor do a lot of liberals that I know. in fact, very few of my fellow democrats think like this. it's a stereotype that needs to be stopped. just like in the conservative world, there are right-wing nutters....but, they do not represent all conservatives, or republicans.

I'm not lumping all liberals, just most of the liberal media like MSNBC, CNN, ABC, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join