It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Says America Would Be Cuba If Not For Fox News

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Poor Dr. Ben has brought microscopic scrutiny down on himself. His biography will be gone over with a fine tooth comb and all his media questions will be directed at his past statements.

My favorite is how he tried to hit his mom in the head with a hammer to get some tough guy cred.

He will continue to be mocked with the pyramid deal from the "liberal media"....saddly it's his own damn fault; trying to portray himself as something he isn't.

Totally a response to Trump's fake tough guy persona.

so ironic...You just can't make this **** up!!!

This campaign season is shaping up to be fun.. I still miss Sarah! I hope she can find some way to get involved!!

She’s already involved.
Can’t you tell Ben Carson is channeling Sarah Palin?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Considering the possibilities of the butterfly effect, who knows, then again following this logic, without guinea pigs as pets, we might all still be wearing bell bottoms... who's to say.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Edumakated

You have done logic some justice.

It is possible to get a verbal nod for admission before any papers were ever filed.

It is comical to see all the frothing at the mouth over this issue. I'm not defending Dr. Carson, but this really appears to be much ado about nothing and a political hit piece. As I mentioned earlier, I can see a situation where someone could have been informally told they would be admitted and receive a scholarship but nothing formally recorded. It doesn't mean one is lying even if there is no record. All it means is that he may not have gone through the normal admissions process.

School administrators often pull strings and have special spots for candidates that they like. They simply make a phone call and the person is in. When I was applying to graduate schools, I met a school administrator at a school I really initially thought I wanted to attend. We clicked and I was told point blank if I applied I'd get in and most likely receive a full ride. All I had to was just let him know if I wanted to attend. I chose not to... I guarantee there is no record of me ever applying for admission to this school. However, I have a found enough memory about what I wanted to do at that time in my life where I may say in passing I was going to attend XYZ school and had been accepted, but chose to do something else.

All Dr. Carson's staff is saying is that he did not actually apply in the article, but that Dr. Carson may have been led to believe he had a spot at West Point and he did not go through with the process hence why there is no record.

Did he embellish? Maybe? Was it intentional? Doubtful. Why would he need to lie about applying to West Point? What does he have to gain by doing so? It would be totally different to lie about graduating from West Point, but who gives a damn where someone applied to go to school? ... he was probably did originally want to attend, was told by the General he would get in and changed his mind. Big deal.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Not making fun of Ben Carson and he is a brilliant Neurosurgeon. He IS well respected in that field.

But...

I don't want him as president for the following reasons...all based on what he's said.

He Thinks Fox News is what differentiates us from Cuba...Does he mean by airing lunatics like Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly. All three are whining, complaining, negative, hateful people that can, for some unknown reason, only see one side of every issue. Don't get me started on the imbeciles on the "5". And don't get started on MSNBC or Left wing. Carson only mentioned Fox News here.

He thinks god Created the whole Universe in a literal 7 days, ergo no big bang, or expanding universe theory, no planetary formation science, no need for astronomy, no evolution...that's really anti science.

He doesn't have enough common sense to think through his statement that the Egyptians Build the pyramids for Grain Storage...Think peeps.. they aren't hallow, cost too much money and took over 20 years to build! To house grain? Ben!

He is a great man, but his statements alone disqualify him from being President of the United States. He's not Common Sense Smart enough and he's anti intellectual in an age where Science is more important than ever.
edit on 6-11-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing
Well you get props for hitting the talking points.

He believes that since stations like fox are able to exist then we are better than countries that would shut down dissent and not allow such programming. In that sense we are blessed to have more than one view point

Believing that everything could be divided into a seven day timescale does not negate theories like the big bang and others. This theory is not completely in disagreement with modern science as much as many would have us believe.

You knock his grain theory in lieu of undertaking the greatest project ever for just solely a place to rest some bones. Logic tells us that regardless of the original reasons for building the pyramids have had many reasons for being that fall outside the tomb theory.

You are gonna have to prove your anti intellectual comments because that he is not.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Your are such a martyr!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TrueBrit

Seriously. Anyone who promotes Fox News as the savior of the country is either bought out by monied interests (namely Rupert Murdoch) or a complete idiot. There is no in between.

here's the problem I have with him...if he says crazy s**t like this out loud without a self imposed mute button, what kind of dangerous crap will he say when he becomes president?.......hey Krazy, I think he's not going to be the one, there are still too many smart republicans out there to let that happen.....not VOCAL ONES, but ones in the backround that have real power.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Poor Dr. Ben has brought microscopic scrutiny down on himself. His biography will be gone over with a fine tooth comb and all his media questions will be directed at his past statements.

My favorite is how he tried to hit his mom in the head with a hammer to get some tough guy cred.

He will continue to be mocked with the pyramid deal from the "liberal media"....saddly it's his own damn fault; trying to portray himself as something he isn't.

Totally a response to Trump's fake tough guy persona.

so ironic...You just can't make this **** up!!!

This campaign season is shaping up to be fun.. I still miss Sarah! I hope she can find some way to get involved!!

sarah?.....geez, the original no nothing....maybe she is secretly Ben Carson's political advisor

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Ben Carson is a great neurosurgeon I'm sure, but I have to say that when I see him in these short interview clips and appearances he always looks like a little too relaxed. I mean, if you really look at him you would notice. I'd say he's been prescribing himself some valium or something, and some of the stuff he says really out there. But even with all the kooky comments he makes, Trump is still the nuttiest.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: jimmyx

Ben Carson is a great neurosurgeon I'm sure, but I have to say that when I see him in these short interview clips and appearances he always looks like a little too relaxed. I mean, if you really look at him you would notice. I'd say he's been prescribing himself some valium or something, and some of the stuff he says really out there. But even with all the kooky comments he makes, Trump is still the nuttiest.

Gotta love the Trumpster.
Dr. Ben sounds medicated...but I see a man scared out of his wits, knowing his BS charade is about to collapse around his sholders. And the GOP is going to throw him under the bus before he gets anymore traction. The mainstream GOP has no interest in nominating a theocrat.
edit on 6-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Carson is not only a creepy, dishonest ignoramus but also a big cry baby hiding behind his beloved Fox news like a child hiding under the skirts of its momma.

You could tell he has an angry persona and indeed he probably did try to back stab somebody illustrating the kind of person he is.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Perhaps, the real question should be...would you let the President of the US do brain surgery on you?

It might be a nice change but I don't think it would be possible.

The previous presidents and politicians within the last 3-5 decades appear to have been doing Colonoscopy on the American middle class all the way down to the poorest.

The other problem is that the MSM has performed Hemispherectomy on the masses , so I don't think there are many parts of the brain left to do surgery on.

I don't know if Carson is full of Shiiitz, but I seriously doubt he is a dumb nit wit having been the Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at a highly reputable hospital. Just saying the Man was a freakin Neurosurgeon.

Everybody says dumb Shiiitz sometimes , but typically its only our wive that are taking notes and not a press organization.

edit on 251130America/ChicagoFri, 06 Nov 2015 22:25:30 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join