It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans Woman Asks: 'You Really Want Me In The Same Bathroom As Your Husband?'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Exactly. I too have struggled with intolerant thoughts and opinions, but I actually attempt to UNDERSTAND what these people with complaints are coming from instead of just saying they are wrong because I think they are weird.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: Krazysh0t

For someone who's constantly hung up on logic and facts you are sure taking the touchy feely route on this one.

This clearly isn't a conversation that can be settled with logic and facts. It's a matter of social opinion.

It's so easy really.

Does he have male genitalia? Yes? - Mens Room
No? - Women's Room

Easy for the ignorant who don't want to understand other people's problems maybe.

The whole "Ladies your man won't be able to resist" angle this lady is implying is so obvious and sad. It's like if they keep saying all men are attracted to transgendered men then it will surely come true.

I get it that you're trying to be a part of 2015 and be inclusive, but there's nothing that makes sense about a man with tits and a penis demanding to sit down in a stall and piss next to women so that he feels better about himself.

Is there really a problem with a "man with tits and a penis" sitting in a stall next to a woman and going to the bathroom? It's not like this person isn't violating the woman's privacy or anything. They are separated by the stall walls.
edit on 6-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

So if a transgendered person wants to do something that makes others uncomfortable than those being made uncomfortable are ignorant, they should just grow up, what's the big deal, ect.

But if a non-transgendered person ever makes a transgendered person feel uncomfortable, the non-transgendered is AGAIN the one guilty of ignorance. How dare they, I can't believe this, ect.

I think I finally understand. You're right there is no logic to it.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I live near Chicago. When I was a little younger I used to frequent the clubs in the city. It was not unusual at all to see men and women in the lines to both bathrooms. If one line was too long you just got in the other line. No one complained and there were always too many people around for anything to happen, unless it was consensual.

In this case I think it is a little different. First, the subject asked the question, "Do you really want me in the same bathroom as your husband?" That implies a predatory nature, as if being in the same room is viewed as an opportunity. With that in mind, I don't want this person near anyone in my family - regardless of gender.

There is a problem in this country of everyone needing to be declared some kind of special that everyone else has to respect. Its all just one more divisive line, as if we don't have enough already. In other countries its just people being people. But here its always about some group or identity demanding to be officially recognized and respected. Which in turn spurs others to feel like they are being disrespected for not also being officially recognized. This monster feeds on its own energy and only gets bigger. When everyone achieves the same level of respect and recognition it will start all over again because no one is special any more.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Your sarcasm is noted and wrong. Things aren't so simple. First off, these people have a medical condition. It is called Gender Dysphoria. Non-transgendered people making transgendered people uncomfortable is the same as making someone with AIDS uncomfortable because they have AIDS. Oh wait, that was already a thing when AIDS was called the homosexual disease...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

A condition?! Sounds serious, whats the treatment for Gender Dysphoria?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
If they have a penis, then he uses the male toilet. If they have a vagina, then she uses the female toilet.

Either way, it's simple. Got a pecker, then you're not a female. If you don't, then why are you standing at a urinal gawking at other guys... like a deviant.

To get so up in arms about it is stupid. "I feel pretty today so Imma use the ladies toilet and no one can stop me!!!"

boo hiss...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
That is why I don't have a problem with it. If they are a woman, they will not flash their sexual organ out for all to see. If they do, well, that is considered perverted flashing and is against the law.

Edit add: no laws necessary, just guidelines perhaps. Number one: Transgender women should NOT get hard ons while in the women's locker room, restroom, etc. If this is uncontrollable, they should use the Men's room to avoid being considered a pervert or finalize their surgery.

I'm confused as to the terminology used here. Doesn't Transgendered mean that the person has had sexual surgery performed to complete which ever gender that person desired to begin with? Transvestite is a person that dresses as and/or identifies as the gender they wish to present. Transsexual? means bi-sexual? desiring both sexes as partners?

SO,

I looked in the dictionary:

Transgender: noun 1. a person appearing or attempting to be a member of the opposite sex, as a transsexual or habitual cross dresser; adj. 2. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of transgenders.

Transvestite: noun, a person, esp. a man, who assumes the dress and often the manner usu. associated with the opposite sex.

Transsexual: noun 1. A person who strongly desires to assume the physical characteristics and gender role of the opposite sex. 2. A person who has undergone surgical and hormonal treatment for this purpose. 3. adj. of, pertaining to or characteristic of transsexuals.

So are we talking about transvestites, transgendered, or transsexuals?

ETA, the word immediately following transvestite in my Random House Webster's College Dictionary is Transylvania. Shades of Rocky Horror!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Exactly. I too have struggled with intolerant thoughts and opinions, but I actually attempt to UNDERSTAND what these people with complaints are coming from instead of just saying they are wrong because I think they are weird.

To be even more to the point, if someone who identifies themselves as a female (identifying as a female is not directly related to sexual inclination), but has a fully functioning penis, could the argument 'you really want me in the bathroom with your wife?" not also stand as true?

If you don't agree I'd be interested to know why.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If this picture was taken to prove a point, I have yet to figure it out.

Not all trans-people are attracted to the same sex they were assigned as at birth.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_

And all transgenders don't look or act like that. I have seen transgender/crossdressers that have 5'oclock shadows at 10am and are basically just men dressed in women's clothing. What is to stop a fetish freak from dressing as a woman just to gain access to the women's bathroom under the guise of being a "transgender" just to get a sneak peek or worse?

What's to stop a person from buying a gun and shooting a bunch of innocent people in a college or movie theater?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

A condition?! Sounds serious, whats the treatment for Gender Dysphoria?

Depends on the severity of the condition. As with all mental conditions, the severity can vastly differ from person to person.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

To be even more to the point, if someone who identifies themselves as a female (identifying as a female is not directly related to sexual inclination), but has a fully functioning penis, could the argument 'you really want me in the bathroom with your wife?" not also stand as true?

Last I checked (and I don't check that often because I'm a guy) women's toilets are separated by partitions called "stalls". This offers a bit of privacy to the person so that even other women don't have to watch them pee while sitting on the toilet. Has this changed since the last time I checked?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
If this picture was taken to prove a point, I have yet to figure it out.

The photo and comment were really a poor way to make a point. If you are using public restrooms to peek out genitalia or expecting to flirt or hit on people, then I really don't think you belong in any public restroom.

There is a point to be made and it was botched with her brand of shtick IMO.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It doesn't matter what he cuts off, how much silicone he injects into his chest (or hormones into his blood), how long his hair/wig is or how much face paint he wears...

He was born a he, and will die a he; just a bit more self-inflicted disability than he started with.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Last I checked (and I don't check that often because I'm a guy) women's toilets are separated by partitions called "stalls". This offers a bit of privacy to the person so that even other women don't have to watch them pee while sitting on the toilet. Has this changed since the last time I checked?

Actually it's putting you in a place of privacy (the bathroom) where using the same cod psychology as that used in the OP you are in an enclosed space with the persons wife. Do you really think the 'watching them pee' would be the only argument?
edit on 6-11-2015 by uncommitted because: changed 'same argument' to 'only argument'

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Infinitis

It's a shame that you refuse to expand your worldview to accept that people can be different than you... Or that things may not work EXACTLY as you think they should work.
edit on 6-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I simply feel that a penis = mens room and a vagina = womens room. Now if you actually have both, well, you got me there, go ahead and pick.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Nope, hasn't changed - and there are already laws against being a peeping tom - regardless of your gender. If a lesbian (who has every legal right to be in a woman's restroom) stands on the toilet and peers over a stall while a woman is peeing, she could be charged.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Nope, hasn't changed - and there are already laws against being a peeping tom - regardless of your gender. If a lesbian (who has every legal right to be in a woman's restroom) stands on the toilet and peers over a stall while a woman is peeing, she could be charged.

Apparently in the right's mind, only men would ever want to peep on women in the toilet.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join