It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who grow their own food 'freaks'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I dont know who the # this woman is, but I'd like to wipe that stoopid smirk off her face with a big fat bankruptcy file notice. I hope this venture sends he as financially bankrupt as she is morally bankrupt.

I hope the link works for you and you can see the ad she made for her new range of frozen meals, (as if she had anything to do with the development of the product, doesnt have a clue by the looks of her) for one of Austalia's supermarket giants, unfortunately we have a duopoly here and they are both as # as each other.

Michelle Bridges ad

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

Go freaks! I must be an even bigger freak, I garden in an apartment. Heck, I even compost too, i guess that makes a way out there freak.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

So basically the message we're being given from that video is:

You don't need to know how to grow and produce food (you weird freak)... hell, you don't even need to know how to cook. All you need to know is how to open up your wallet and how to operate a microwave.

Bing bang boom, it's that easy !

Yeah... because becoming 100% dependent on electricity and 'the system', and in the process unlearning how to be self-sustaining and self-reliable in this thing we call "life" will work out so well for everyone.

Yessiree.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Michelle bridges is a trainer from the biggest loser. Lol. Or was, after this I doubt anyone will want her around. She's married to that idiot, the commando. Pair of twits if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
This commercial is ridiculous; but it's not like this woman wrote and produced it, she just said the line after eating a handful of dirt...which is pretty weird. Let's make sure the outrage brigade ruins her career though. Go Internet.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Oh, Good! Now I'm a freak, on top of being a potential domestic terrorist and a nut job survivalist and ......................
That's fine with me. I'd rather be called a freak than eat their processed, over priced, GMO, cardboard meals.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
This commercial is ridiculous; but it's not like this woman wrote and produced it, she just said the line after eating a handful of dirt...which is pretty weird. Let's make sure the outrage brigade ruins her career though. Go Internet.

She makes a living telling fat people how to live. And here she is taking money to call people who grow their own food, freaks.

I couldn't care less if her career goes down the drain...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Yuck, I wouldn't step anywhere near that food. It looks like nuclear waste

By the way, my great grandfather was a hemp farmer in Hungary.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

when she transfers it onto the plate from the packaging, it totally looks like CAT FOOD (and I have no sound on my computer, so it was all about visual presentation for me, and that part just looked like a commercial for Meow Mix)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Just to give you a heads up on something: "shock value" is a common tactic when trying to promote a product, especially if the company has limited funds for promotion and marketing. And in the entertainment industry, even bad publicity is mostly considered good.

In other words, her commercial was effective enough to get you to promote it online. I never would've known who she was or what this product line was if not for this thread. I'm not blaming you for anything, just letting you know that people like her (shock jocks, controversial celebs, and the such) need "shock value" in order to get the public talking about them. So the best way to deal with them is to ignore them, thus depriving them of the attention they seek.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Looks like every other generic frozen meal out there with fancy packaging.

Think I will stay being a freak.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Just to give you a heads up on something: "shock value" is a common tactic when trying to promote a product, especially if the company has limited funds for promotion and marketing. And in the entertainment industry, even bad publicity is mostly considered good.

The thing is they weren't going for a shock value, they are genuinely trying to make people thinks it's crazy to grow your own garden. That's what makes it even more disgusting in my mind, they portray the gardener as some stereotypical hippie or something. Then when the scene changes to the modern kitchen she's like "lets get real", but apparently her definition of real means frozen, processed, and genetically modified. She is the perfect example of everything I don't like to see in a person, thinks she knows it all but really knows nothing.

"We've listened to your feedback about the latest Michelle Bridges video and have removed it. Our intention was never to upset anyone," a Woolworths spokesperson told Fairfax Media.

Seriously Woolworths, could you get any more incompetent? The ad was clearly going to offend people, the mere fact they didn't even realize that the first time they watched it shows how oblivious to reality they are. Or they just didn't think people would actually call them out on it because they were so clever to make the gardener look crazy while the modern house wife was down to Earth. They were probably patting themselves on the back thinking they were masterminds of propaganda, so sure they would convince the world of how superior processed meals are. Lmao, well however it happened, it required a great lack of insight.

a reply to: CranialSponge

Best post I've read in a while.
edit on 6/11/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I proudly fly my freak flag high. And she is not welcome to join me for dinner.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

No wonder I was so averse to her, I need to loose some kilos too, when I used to see the ads for that show when I had a television, I could never understand why they got to bully and patronize people wanting to loose weight, weight most of them put on because they don't grow their own food btw.

Oh dear, I just admitted to growing my own food and not having a television
I must be a superfreak.

Maybe that would be a good ATS thread, "Who's the biggest freak on ATS?"
edit on 6/11/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I don't like her. Or any of the Biggest Loser trainers.

Quite unbelievable that she would advocate for frozen meals over fresh vegetables considering her healthy life-style stance.

top topics

join