It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who continue to believe nobody knows why the pyramids were built

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: redchad

I read stocks work and don't know how you can compare working with small vases in comparison to the granite coffer or other megalithic works.

If you had actually read Stocks' work, you'd know he has limited himself to vases.

This old website lays out what Stocks has done regarding sawing granite slabs with copper saws.

Harte

that explanation is fine for people who have no idea how difficult it is to maintain such a high standard of tolerances and symmetry. that depiction of a person with some kind of saw may be sawing wood for all you know, and there is no way you're going to get such precision cutting a granite stone that way. You can believe it and that's fine but it's not how it was done and you sound like a fool trying to convince people with your attitude.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: redchad

I read stocks work and don't know how you can compare working with small vases in comparison to the granite coffer or other megalithic works.

If you had actually read Stocks' work, you'd know he has limited himself to vases.

This old website lays out what Stocks has done regarding sawing granite slabs with copper saws.

Harte

that explanation is fine for people who have no idea how difficult it is to maintain such a high standard of tolerances and symmetry. that depiction of a person with some kind of saw may be sawing wood for all you know, and there is no way you're going to get such precision cutting a granite stone that way. You can believe it and that's fine but it's not how it was done and you sound like a fool trying to convince people with your attitude.

Unless I'm mistaken, no one has claimed that sawing granite results in any symmetry.

Fine surfaces and details on granite are achieved by pounders, rubbing stones and chisels - most likely chisels were used after the granite was treated with heat, which makes chiseling it basically a breeze, but you have to watch how much heat you give it.

That the AE's could saw slabs of granite and could saw nice holes in granite is firmly established. What is not firmly established is the use of heat prior to chiseling. However, they had fire, and the method works, and it explains the fine detail and the almost perfect hieroglyphic characters seen cut into polished granite architectural pieces and obelisks.

Harte
edit on 11/28/2015 by Harte because: I said so!

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
your depiction of someone sawing wood with a butter knife is nonsense in explaining how the work was achieved. simple as that. you keep showing that stupid picture and it makes you sound like a lunatic.

a reply to: Harte

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Hello Harte..
can you show some museum examples of these so called slabbing saws ??.....

how about some copper tube drills from the museums as well ?? .....

you have been using Stocks book for a couple of years now to push your point of view surely you must have some examples from a museum to back up what you are saying...

all I ever see from you are woodworking tools and I have seen them in the Cairo museum....

considering all the stone work in Egypt there should be at least one example of both the above tools in some museum some where....wouldn't you think ??.....

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tri-lobe-1

Hello Harte..
can you show some museum examples of these so called slabbing saws ??.....

how about some copper tube drills from the museums as well ?? .....

you have been using Stocks book for a couple of years now to push your point of view surely you must have some examples from a museum to back up what you are saying...

all I ever see from you are woodworking tools and I have seen them in the Cairo museum....

considering all the stone work in Egypt there should be at least one example of both the above tools in some museum some where....wouldn't you think ??.....

Ancient copper is hard to come by, given it was extremely valuable and very easily recycled.

That said, copper residue has been found on the sides of some blocks, and the saw marks, of course, are there for everyone to see.

It has been established that copper tubes were made by ancient Egyptians - some were found that were part of a bed frame.

A few pieces of copper saw blades have also been found, but they had teeth and so were obviously used for wood.

What Stocks has proven beyond all doubt is that copper could have been used to do the job of sawing granite (or other stones.) You'll note that the fringe argument is not that they didn't use copper - it is that the use of copper to saw with is completely impossible.

Artwork left by the Egyptians show them using both kinds of saws on stone, but it's not like they wrote "This is a copper tube saw" on the paintings.

Harte
edit on 12/3/2015 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

your depiction of someone sawing wood with a butter knife is nonsense in explaining how the work was achieved. simple as that. you keep showing that stupid picture and it makes you sound like a lunatic.

What picture did I post that offends you?

You mean the picture of the hole sawn in granite using a copper tube drill and sand abrasive?

Well, I can see how that might offend someone like you that has so much of themselves invested in the idea that copper can't cut through granite. However, the picture certainly says otherwise, doesn't it.

Harte

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tri-lobe-1his examples are nonsense but that works for him

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

a reply to: tri-lobe-1his examples are nonsense but that works for him

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Surely somebody could try and duplicate this work now by making a copper saw?

So surely the question is why has nobody bothered - gives an easy answer to whether it is possible or not, so if it was my idea/book i would have asked some workshop to knock me one up so I could prove my theory (or have it disproved).

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
Surely somebody could try and duplicate this work now by making a copper saw?

So surely the question is why has nobody bothered - gives an easy answer to whether it is possible or not, so if it was my idea/book i would have asked some workshop to knock me one up so I could prove my theory (or have it disproved).

I just posted a video showing exactly that

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

a lot of talk. not so great on comparing the actual cutting marks or timing how long it takes to cut through several feet of granite or comparison photos. again when you need details your argument falls short

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

I would love to see that too but something tells me they don't really want to put all the evidence under a microscope. Why didn't that core drilling video compare the symmetry of the different holes and compare that to the ones in Egypt? I'll guarantee not two holes drilled such as they do in this video would be the same and the cutting marks would not even be close with Egypt.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
So which Pharaohs were found entombed in the Great Pyramids?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

a lot of talk. not so great on comparing the actual cutting marks or timing how long it takes to cut through several feet of granite or comparison photos. again when you need details your argument falls short

Ah, you're a Sitchenite aren't you

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It's apparent you have no reply to my questions about comparing symmetry and consistency of the holes made in the video against the ones we see in Egypt because you choose to stoop to the ad hominem. that's fine, smart people are starting to really look at ALL the evidence and it's actually some of the simplest evidence this stuff was not done with hand tools. Not in a million years.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I already linked you to exactly that information, but you decided (I guess) it wasn't worth reading because at the top of the linked page is an AE sawing wood with what you call a "butterknife."

Harte

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

It's apparent you have no reply to my questions about comparing symmetry and consistency of the holes made in the video against the ones we see in Egypt because you choose to stoop to the ad hominem. that's fine, smart people are starting to really look at ALL the evidence and it's actually some of the simplest evidence this stuff was not done with hand tools. Not in a million years.

You want to compare a hole drilled by a lifelong granite hole driller to a hole drilled by an archaeologist and a stone mason, neither of which have ever drilled a hole in granite before.

How about just admitting that copper tube drills and sand abrasive can actually be used to saw a hole through granite, or that copper slabbing saws with sand abrasive can actually be used to cut granite slabs?

After all, that is the point. Nobody said Stocks was an expert hole sawyer that could match holes with a professional stone sawyer from Ancient Egypt.

Harte

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
what are you talking about? why are you getting all emotional and defensive? wouldn't it be more credible if they actually showed some data? seems like you're hiding something or being intentionally ignorant of the scientific method.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

what are you talking about? why are you getting all emotional and defensive? wouldn't it be more credible if they actually showed some data? seems like you're hiding something or being intentionally ignorant of the scientific method.

As I said, linked you to the data. All the data you need for this point.

Let's not pretend that "precision" in the hole is the point of contention here. Like I said before, the fringe claim is that copper can't cut through granite.

Harte

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

calling you a Sitchenite is an ad hominem now ?
The fact that you think that a man who holds no linguistical qualifications and who was a journalist is somehow valid to anything in the real world tells me that your beliefs being based on delusion and lies have created an inability for you to accept any truth that you haven't already decided upon.
Like here where you are demanding evidence which has already been posted numerous times and you were shown how simple it is to do with hand tools...
Bearing that in mind, its kinda pointless talking to you, so ridicule seems to be the best, or at least the most entertaining option.

Perhaps you could explain to me, how you are capable of reading Sumerian cuneiform, which you must have done to fact check Sitchins work. You have at least the same amount of training in that area as he did. Or are you claiming that you just took it all on faith. The word of a journalist, who wrote to enrich himself by lying to the gullible
Because that's both tragic and funny...

edit on 4-12-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join