It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who continue to believe nobody knows why the pyramids were built

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Meh! Must have been Aliens! (Why is there no Giorgio emoticon?)

I don't know, therefore ...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Good posts ante,
I would like to add , I have no sources for these statements, yet.
I remember reading, some years ago(mid nineties), about a family in Egypt, that were descended from a line of ancient Egyptian priests. Their particular task, in ancient times , was to break into the tombs and remove the bodies and hide them away for safe keeping.
I belive that this family still had dozens of mummies hidden away.
Then there is a poem, it might be the "admonition of ipuwer" , that specifically tells about the tombs being robbed , during times of great strife , and the bodies being tossed aside like refuse.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

I wonder if it has anything to do with what Diodorus Siculus said of Khufu (Cheops) and Khafra (Chephren)?

"The kings designed these pyramids for their sepulchre; yet it happened that their remains were not here deposited. The people were so exasperated against them by the severe labors they had been compelled to endure, and were so enraged at the oppressive cruelty of their princes, that they threatened to take their bodies from their tombs, and cast them to the dogs. Both of them therefore, when dying, ordered their attendants to bury them in some secret place."

Herodotus and Diodorus Siculus are a mixed bag though. Herodotus was what four centuries earlier and he was still more than 2000 years after the pyramids were built. Herodotus is the primary reason that until recently it was believed that slaves built the pyramids at Giza (and that it took 100,000 slaves 20 years to do build the GP).

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Everyone knows you can't trust Wikipedia, that's disinformation put out by the left in order to hide the true reason for the Pyramids.

The real reason the Pyramids were created, were that it was a giant social program for Egypt where they would tax and spend on welfare programs to do nothing and let a bunch of worthless leeches sponge off of the hard working tax paying citizens. Moving a bunch of stones from one pile and stacking them in another is the epitome of busywork designed to waste time which is what happens in a large government bureaucracy like the Egyptians had.

(I am not serious about any of this, but it's as plausible as certain other theories)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
has this been posted yet?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Lot's of great information from the OP, not so much from everyone else crying aliens. That's a pretty good theory, but again, still a theory just like dragging stones on water sleds, using natural hills as a base or ancient aliens. The fact that the techniques were never recorded is strange in itself.

When it come's to ancient mysteries I like the work of Austrian Curator Klaus Dona. He doesn't talk specifically about the egyptian pyramids or anything to do with aliens but there is a great deal of other archaeological finds that should definitely make us question the history of the human race.

Oh, and Djoser = Gozer!? ZOMG LAIENS!!!

edit on 7-11-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: redchad
Interesting but what about the granite coffer

The granite coffer in the “King’s Chamber” is too big to fit through the passages and so it must have been put in place during construction.
The coffer was made out of a block of solid granite. This would have required bronze saws 8-9 ft. long set with teeth of sapphires. Hollowing out of the interior would require tubular drills of the same material applied with a tremendous vertical force.

Actually, it doesn't require tubular drills or anything of the sort. If you go to Luxor (I've been there) and look at the Unfinished Obelisk you can see that they were able to work granite with pounding stones (there's still a lot of these rock "hammers" in the quarry.) Petrie himself demonstrated how the interior could be done with a simple weighted drill bow.

Marks on the interior of the sarcophagus indicate the use of coring saws.

However, cutting granite with bronze coring saws was not beyond the AE's capabilities, as has been demonstrated by Denys Stocks link

Harte

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

When it come's to ancient mysteries I like the work of Austrian Curator Klaus Dona. He doesn't talk specifically about the egyptian pyramids or anything to do with aliens but there is a great deal of other archaeological finds that should definitely make us question the history of the human race.

When it comes to ancient mysteries I hate Austrian Curator Klaus Dona , again with the fake rocks and man riding Dinos

He could have gone with man riding Ostrich perhaps a distant descendant of a triceratop but..Noooooooooooooooo!!!
let's do dinos instead that's more believable . I have always kept an open mind but not so open that my brain leaks out.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
well I am one of the fans of ancient advanced civilization. There is a lot going on for that theory although mainstream science is avoiding such thinking. Why? Don't know, but maybe admitting you are wrong for 200 years is a tough nut to crack or maybe there is a much deeper conspiracy going on here?

If anyone researches the megaliths structures you will soon notice that many many sites are very similar and all over the world. You have pyramids, houses, temples, towers even unexplained bridges! and other artefact smaller and larger which are evidence of a world wide culture. Because the symbols they use and even writings in some cases is very similar but on different part of the world. If every culture would be local than this would not be possible.

They have even found the symbols which are pointing to a time before Christianity and Islam were separated. In old times they were probably joined and were one religion - when ancient civilization was around. There are many ancient symbols depicted on pictures or engraved in various materials on rock or buildings. Symbol which is union of Christianity - cross and the crescent moon, like in Islam.

Also for instance how did they find elephants or man of black colour engraved or painted on some rocks or paper on old native american sites. Or in India you have engrave giraffes on old buildings. How do they know about them if everything was local? This goes against anything which modern science is explaining. Then you have many other old stories of the gods, with magic and knowledge all over the world. They supposedly helped any people they encounter. Those may be just legends, but I think their origins is part the truth and forgotten or should I rather say, denied/deleted civilization. Why would all over the world use the same story of white man aka. gods.

And another point. Megalith structures are very old, they are not following the natural progress, as in first build small and than go big.
No some of the older AND bigger temples structures are unexplained because you cannot start with big and than go small, this is common sense.

Than you have even a pictures of a old samurai who were supposedly caucasian white males and even some old stories are saying or is documented that they were originally white, research it, if you don't believe me. How come if sea or air travel was not available in that times?

Than you have straight lines as an arrow going on for a few hundreds of kilometres on some locations. They were supposedly lay lines of old ancient civilization. This is all over Canada and other places in America and a lot of them are in Africa or elsewhere. They are straight viewed from air! which is amazing considering they supposedly did not have air capabilities. The most famous probably being Nazca lines.

Than you have big perfectly ROUND rocks with unknown origin spread over the world. But obviously they are not natural and were made somehow, show me modern perfectly round rock? Thank you!
Oh did I mention the old maps from apparently traders and merchants of ancient world. They have in some cases most amazing knowledge of the continents. How come if they were only local cultures?

This stuff is being suppressed, say whatever you want. Why and what is the real history should be the questions we should be asking and not if it is real. I have my theory why, but it is far from the scope of this thread and even this post probably is. But I had to post it, because things do not make a lot of sense in mainstream history. I recommend viewing the survivors series on youtube. Very good and with a LOT of evidence from a woman who travelled all over the world researching megalith sites and talking with old tribes. She is not writing a book or making any profit out of it. But warning she comes from Russia, I think haha

Mainstream history is like the story of lost the tv show. TO MANY PLOT HOLES

edit on 14468904091100November0011003015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

You've slipped into the necessary role of presenting archaeological facts. It's a role that's been held by me, Hanslune, Byrd, MerrimanWebster, Harte and JohnnyCannuck at various times. Byrd, Hans and JC are archaeologists and still people prefer some bedroom youtuber's opinion above that of someone who has studied ancient history at an academic level.

Grain silos, harmonic resonators, portals, spaceships and lego bricks for aliens...sigh...

In some ways, I'm reminded of the Apollo 11 murmerings. Some people argue against moon landings as if Apollo 11 was the one and only expression of the space race. Likewise, they argue against the Egyptians building pyramids as if Cheops' Pyramid is the only one ever built.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

When it comes to ancient mysteries I hate Austrian Curator Klaus Dona , again with the fake rocks and man riding Dinos

I don't know where your getting your info from, but Klaus Dona didn't say anything about man riding dinosaurs.

He does mention how artifacts of dinosaurs have been discovered, yet there is no mention or identification of dinosaurs and what they might have looked like before the first fossils were identified by William Buckland in 1824. Ancient archaeologists is the most plausible answer, not Dino Cowboys. And those fake rocks happen to be sitting in museums.

Good job at twisting the facts, it got you a few stars. And IMO that doesn't even look like the head of a man in that fossil, but don't take that out of context.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

originally posted by: Spider879

I don't know where your getting your info from, but Klaus Dona didn't say anything about man riding dinosaurs.

He does mention how artifacts of dinosaurs have been discovered, yet there is no mention or identification of dinosaurs and what they might have looked like before the first fossils were identified by William Buckland in 1824. Ancient archaeologists is the most plausible answer, not Dino Cowboys. And those fake rocks happen to be sitting in museums.

Good job at twisting the facts, it got you a few stars. And IMO that doesn't even look like the head of a man in that fossil, but don't take that out of context.

While I don't mind stars, I certainly do not twist any facts to warrant them, but incase you don't know go here
planetearthvortex.wordpress.com...
It's of a man or at least a humanoid riding a dino, history is too rich in mystery to make-up extra stuff, as a matter of fact it is downright distracting.

The stones pictured on his site is claimed as Annunaki monument is nothing but a grave site ,hence why I call his work a distraction.
edit on 7-11-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Again, no mention of Dino riding humans, just out of place artifacts that cannot be explained.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Again, no mention of Dino riding humans, just out of place artifacts that cannot be explained.

Cannot be explained?? how about explained as an obvious fake!

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Those obvious fakes are in museums, and the article you cited on that website isn't by Klaus Dona or even mentions his name.

It's from planetearthvortex.com which is a third party website that has a penchant to use alternative theories to further their own ideas, much like what Ancient Aliens does.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I find it amazing that people still actually think these workings were made by primitive man using stone or even copper tools. How many artisan stonemasons some with 40 years in the industry have visited the site and said even with the hand tools available today they could not recreate some of these stone cuts. Sophisticated high speed machine cutting equipment would be needed along with highly trained operatives. You can see on the video cuts obviously made by a disc yet you still won't accept it. Circular holes drilled through granite with the exact measurements right through the cut. If this can be done using stone or copper tools why has no one ever proved it. Il give you a challenge that in 5 years time you could not put a 2 inch hole through a piece of 2 inch granite using stone or copper tools. It can't be done.
I would imagine you also think the earth is flat!

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: redchad

You're looking at these objects and letting your lack of understanding and information form your conclusions. Lots of people have done so and some of them have made a good living from it.

The Egyptians left images of their craftsmen using drills. There are objects (vases etc) whose interiors clearly show the marks from borers as they were turned/drilled. There's at least one quarry (Aswan iirc) where hundreds of granite pounders have been found.

Are you suggesting that the Egyptians used super-technology to create the pounders? Does it also follow that they depicted people using those hand drills (above) to 'cover up' their tracks?

Is it instead more likely that they depicted men drilling out vases because that's exactly how they did it?

If the mood takes you, google for a person called Denys A Stocks. He went and recreated the tools depicted by the Egyptians and demonstrated that, yes, they did indeed work.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat
now look what you have done gone and tossed his main stream salad, are you happy now

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I see absolutely no reason at all to think any of the pyramids were built as tombs for pharaohs.

Every sarcophagus ever found in a pyramid was empty. Pyramids literally ADVERTISE their location. So they were smart enough to construct a gigantic tomb, but it just slipped their mind that it would be a beacon for any grave robber huh? Sounds legit.

The correct answer is still, we don't know. Anyone that says otherwise is delusional. You can believe something, but there is nothing worse than someone who acts like they know the answer to something like this, when anyone with half a brain knows that people could not possibly know the answer.

There is nothing wrong with saying "I don't know."

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: redchad

Good one
Nowadays cutpasting is called research...

If this can be done using stone or copper tools why has no one ever proved it.

I tried that it simply can't be done !

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join