It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who continue to believe nobody knows why the pyramids were built

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

(post by maverickORjustMAV removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Marduk

So you are here, just ignoring my question regarding feeding the animals. Or were they magic Egyptian animals that didn't need food to live?

I am ignoring your question because the link you didn't bother to read already answered it
Other than that I don't converse with trolls, credulous or otherwise

According to your link the animals ate sand.

Where are these grazing points in ancient Egypt that could amass livestock to provide food?

I know Egypt was a little bit more fertile for vegetation in those days, but not enough to sustain livestock.

Don't worry, this is where ALL Egyptologists get stuck. How to feed that massive group and livestock and produce agriculture in sand.

I have faith YOU will be the one to explain that gap....

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

So you are here, just ignoring my question regarding feeding the animals. Or were they magic Egyptian animals that didn't need food to live?

I am ignoring your question because the link you didn't bother to read already answered it

Oh really
www.livescience.com...
Read it, it completely covers your disbelief,
or would you need me to copy and paste what it says so everyone else can see how credulous you are ?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL

Can we please take the insults and passive aggressiveness down a notch.

Thank you.

(post by maverickORjustMAV removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Oh really
www.livescience.com...
or would you need me to copy and paste what it says so everyone else can see how credulous you are ?

You CLEARLY do not understand life, at all. It says livestock would be needed, it says the space needed. That's freaking easy Einstein, I could come up with similar areas of land needed with simple google searches. You know what I can't find? How to FEED animals sand. Because, well animals need food too. So did the Egyptians establish farmland, grazeland, quarry land, resource land, and remnants of modern civilization?

Because according to you 1 person told 10,000 people to make this pyramid.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Oh really
www.livescience.com...

You CLEARLY do not understand life, at all. It says livestock would be needed, it says the space needed. That's freaking easy Einstein, I could come up with similar areas of land needed with simple google searches. You know what I can't find? How to FEED animals sand. Because, well animals need food too. So did the Egyptians establish farmland, grazeland, quarry land, resource land, and remnants of modern civilization?

You seem to be asking here if the Ancient Egyptian civilization was a civilization.

Yes, it was. With extensive agriculture and domesticated animals.

So, what's the problem here?

Do you think that these workers that built he pyramids wouldn't have had to eat whether or not they were working on the pyramids?

The only problem is logistics, not supply, because food is required for life and the workers weren't simply created for pyramid work and then discarded. They were Egyptians that would have been hungry and eating either way.

Harte

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Oh really
www.livescience.com...

www.livescience.com...

Read it, last chance and third time I have posted it to you...
It has the details you've been asking for
After this, you can rant as much as you want
For everyone else, the title of the link I have been posting him is "Giza Secret Revealed: How 10,000 Pyramid Builders Got Fed" so yeah, his belief is so strong he hasn't bothered to read it lol

What's with the idea that Egypt is made of sand
This is Egypt

Giza is marked, as you can see, sand isn't green and you have just told everyone here that you don't know the first thing about the Egyptian civilisation, well done

edit on 5-12-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Yes, and let's look at logistics:

The pyramids are in Cairo, and Cairo is right next to the Delta with millions of acres of marshes and grasslands. I rode across it just last month, and even the wild areas are full of tall green grasses and reeds. Even in ancient Egypt it was fairly easy to drive cattle onto a boat and take the boat to the pyramid area (or simply drive them there. American cowboys drove large groups of cattle a thousand miles or more during the 1800's.)

The bones aren't from a single year, but from a 100+ year layer of deposits. Workers generally didn't get beef (they got fish and chicken... but mostly fish and vegetables.) The supervisors and nobles there had beef.

Secondly, by the time the pyramids were being built, Egyptian civilization was over a thousand years old. There were well established cities and temples, and writing and poetry and accounting weaving and pottery and more had been developed. Stonemasons and bricklayers were building palaces and carving out tombs deep into the rock.

The Egyptians weren't just a bunch of mooks hanging out in the desert, wondering if it was going to rain and wondering if anyone had brought in camels from Saudia Arabia yet.
edit on 5-12-2015 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
well water can cut through granite too given enough time soooo what's yer point? I think that "data" you provided is a bunch of estimating and subjective engineering aka bamboo technology. there is no comparison (try some scanning electron images of the cut marks for example) between the guy's drawings and what is found in Egypt. all of your evidence is crazy nonsense. gigantic radial saw blades? that guy is nuts. and you guys make fun of Sitchen lol

a reply to: Harte

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: maverickORjustMAV
Marduk...bro you work pretty hard, running around puting fires out! Relax...and entertain some far oit theories man, thats why this ssite was created! To discuss posibilities and theories, thats why im here how bout you?

You didn't catch the website motto yet then, despite it being down both sides of the page

so then why did you run off with the "Sitchinite" comment and then completely ignore my request for some empirical data to support your claims? I've dealt with you many times before and your m.o. is always the same. muddy the waters to make yourself appear deep. there is not one shred of contemporary evidence that replicates the degree of symmetry and consistency of tolerances that we find in Egypt by using bamboo technology. you can show videos of some guys standing around doing something but their results are just implied to replicate the older stonework. they are not compared in any scientific way whatsoever that would pass the muster with technology we have today. sure you can abrade granite long enough to make cut marks but when you are actually pressed to REPLICATE the work it would have taken to produce what we find in Egypt your proof is laughable.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hi pyramid fans.

( Opening small parentheses here.)

On the subject of "bigest pyramids are tombs?". . .
did you notice that many sarcophagus are FULL of drawings/writings, on them
and on all the walls around them ?
www.ask-aladdin.com/Egypt-Sites/valleyofnobles.htm
( press +-2 "Page-Down")

and that a BIG pyramid's sarcophagus and walls are totaly clear/empty ?!?!
media.photobucket.com/user/Nephthys_photos/media/Inside%20the%20Great%20Pyramid/Sarcophagus-KingsChamber.jpg.html

So did ANY pharaon's body has ever been placed in those unmarked ones?
. . .not likely, not so much anonymously !!

Blue skies.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: C-JEAN

That's hardly conclusive, as tomb decoration didn't appear until the 6th dynasty, the first, second, third, fourth and fifth dynasties didn't decorate at all. because they had a mortuary temple built outside instead
The Giza pyramids have mortuary temples built outside
Mortuary temples are where prayers are said for the dead king
In addition, the Giza pyramids are in the centre of a Necropolis (city of the dead)
They have alongside them smaller pyramids for the burials of queens
They have burial chambers built into them
Pyramids developed from Mastabas, which are tombs
They contain sarcophagi, which are only ever used for burials
Additionally consider, the kings buried at Giza are very well known and yet, no ones found their bodies or tombs anywhere else

So you should probably go away and read a real history book at some point, because clearly, your level of knowledge so far isn't very good

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy

so then why did you run off with the "Sitchinite" comment

Because you are a Sitchenite, i.e. someone who reads the works of Zechariah Sitchin as if they are factual

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
I've often wondered about the fantastic stories in Genesis such as how Noah could logistically get two of each kind of animal on the ark and in reading Zecharia Sitchen's book The 12th Planet I learned that he got dna samples from the animals.

Laughable, you should probably read
Gilgamesh, or Atrahasis and you'll soon see why that claim of yours and Sitchin doesn't hold water

and then completely ignore my request for some empirical data to support your claims? I've dealt with you many times before and your m.o. is always the same. muddy the waters to make yourself appear deep. there is not one shred of contemporary evidence that replicates the degree of symmetry and consistency of tolerances that we find in Egypt by using bamboo technology. you can show videos of some guys standing around doing something but their results are just implied to replicate the older stonework. they are not compared in any scientific way whatsoever that would pass the muster with technology we have today. sure you can abrade granite long enough to make cut marks but when you are actually pressed to REPLICATE the work it would have taken to produce what we find in Egypt your proof is laughable.

How many times now, you asked for evidence that it could be done, you were shown a video of it being done and linked to a book by the guy doing it. Its no one else fault that you are credulous to the point of ignorance...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Yeah much of the Delta had to be reclaimed as far back as Menes as the area would rival a Florida jungle like swamp land, back then only the hardest of people would bother to live there, he accomplished one of the greatest engineering feats at that era by diverting the river, how wild was the delta??..he king Mene got himself killed by a Hippo.
edit on 6-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Yeah much of the Delta had to be reclaimed as far back as Menes as the area would rival a Florida jungle like swamp land, back then only the hardest of people would bother to live there, he accomplished one of the greatest engineering feats at that era by diverting the river, how wild was the delta??..he king Mene got himself killed by a Hippo.

It's actually not that bad -- think of smallish silty islands (100 acres or so) interspersed by a lot of water channels. The wild cattle there were dangerous and hunting them was necessary to protect the people who lived there. One of the queens of Amenhotep III presented him with a scarab that commemorated a big hunt where he personally killed a lot (memory says at least 100) of cattle.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: C-JEAN
Hi pyramid fans.

( Opening small parentheses here.)

On the subject of "bigest pyramids are tombs?". . .
did you notice that many sarcophagus are FULL of drawings/writings, on them
and on all the walls around them ?
www.ask-aladdin.com/Egypt-Sites/valleyofnobles.htm
( press +-2 "Page-Down")

In the Old Kingdom, only the kings and queens were buried under pyramids (and yes, they've found bodies in them and yes, after the Old Kingdom they are decorated). It wasn't until the New Kingdom (and fairly late) that the nobles themselves also took small pyramid tombs. And all the Nubian kings are buried in pyramids.

So did ANY pharaon's body has ever been placed in those unmarked ones?
. . .not likely, not so much anonymously !!

The sarcophagi after the 4th dynasty are inscribed (and this tradition continues up until the time of Cleopatra.) So while the earliest ones might be in unmarked sarcophagi they also had items stored with them (rings, jars of wine, furniture, etc, etc) that had the owner's name on them (in this case, the pharaoh or queen.)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Spider879

It's actually not that bad -- think of smallish silty islands (100 acres or so) interspersed by a lot of water channels. The wild cattle there were dangerous and hunting them was necessary to protect the people who lived there. One of the queens of Amenhotep III presented him with a scarab that commemorated a big hunt where he personally killed a lot (memory says at least 100) of cattle.

Are you talking about these guys

Or these guys that may have gone rouge.
If it was the former then yeah he may well deserve that scarab, tough hides and the biggest non human killers in Africa.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
you showed a video of some guys drilling into stone so what? where's the forensic comparison to the cut marks in Egypt? where are the tolerance comparisons for consistency and symmetry? this is where your "proof" falls short = the details. the devil is in the details and that is where everything you are talking about fails miserably.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join