It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avoid Humans App

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Sometimes, everybody needs a break from everybody. Enter Avoid Humans—a web-based app that combs data from Foursquare and Instagram check-ins, giving you the nearest places in your area with the least amount of humans. The app is divided into four categories-nightlife, food, coffee and refuge—and each location is color coded to indicate the current level of human presence.

Avoid Humans

Imagine the uses for this application. Perhaps you want a coffee and don't want to have to wait in a huge crowd. What if you want to take your special someone to someplace quiet, well this app might be of help. What uses would you put this app to ATS?

Disclosure: I have nothing to do with this company or this app I just thought it was interesting and a good topic for a discussion.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

A nasty little app for nasty little people. Have fun avoiding your brother and sister.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I think this could be good if you ever want some solitude.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Double Post
edit on 6-11-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This sounds like a great idea. I like one person and good conversation, but people not so much.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I would think the best way to avoid people would be to put down the phone for starters. Then perhaps a quiet evening inside and some take out. What do I know though. Maybe the new hip thing is to act like you dont want to be around people while still attempting to be "amongst" society.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

What a great app.

Suits me because I have a bit of an aversion to people. I could screen places like I do calls.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

A nasty little app for nasty little people.

Seriously? I would bet that many ATS'rs are kind of reclusive types that might consider this "A Hoard Traffic Alert System".

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

So in order to have my peace and that the system can work, everybody has to give up his privacy to get some me-time??
[facepalm]

This is the same idiotic thought like genetically reducing starch in rice because it contains to much kalories, while 90% the people that eat it on a daily basis, where it would make any health/overweight problems, are poor and need every single kalorie.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I've got this app built in. I've observed patterns at the local dives and eateries. I know when to catch them when traffic is low and service is good. I seem to meet the most interesting people during these times.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This sounds like a great idea. I like one person and good conversation, but people not so much.

I talk to myself a lot too.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Your post made me chortle.

I like one person and good conversation,

I don't think Metallicus really thought that statement through as far as you have.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Could this app also be used to find people alone late at night on the streets?

Great for gangs, thieves, and rapists on the prowl.
edit on 6-11-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
My app is a taking my dog turning for a walk without my phone in the forest

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

A nasty little app for nasty little people. Have fun avoiding your brother and sister.

So all introverts seeking the comfort of a sparse and peaceful environment are "nasty little people"?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Having played with this app a bit I think not. It really is not much use at finding places with very few humans as it is at advising where large numbers of people are congregating together.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

So more of a mass shooter app?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: rajas

You walk your dog alone in the forest? You are so brave. I walk my wolf when he feels like it. We rarely find any dogs in our forest walks.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta
I guess that is a potential application. See something say something, Right?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Yeah, oh forgot i live in Sweden. Animals doesnt kill us cause we dont approach them, yes that includes humans.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join