It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders is an obvious racist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
His new plan is to turn post offices into banks

www.theatlantic.com...

He said it will help the low-income person. He obviously just wants to help white people.

As we all know, voter ID laws are racist. They disenfranchise non-whites because they don't have IDs and Bernie obviously knows this*. Since you need an ID to cash a check, Therefore his plan only helps white people. That's racist.

Unless voters ID laws aren't racist, then Bernie's plan could help some people, but then he lied to the American people about voter ID laws being racist.

Is he a racist or a liar? Enquiring minds want to know.....

* www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Wow.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

My uncle is a mailman, and white.

Case closed.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
By the time this election is done, all those against Bernie sure will be limber.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Wow... these attempts at ironic "gotcha" moments on liberals are getting more and more lame.

Voting is an American right. A right. One that cannot have a fee associated with it. If attaining a voter id became a no-cost process, it wouldn't be an issue.

Banking is NOT an American right. Banks already exist. Sanders is suggesting making many of the banking services available to people who do not otherwise have conventional access to cashing their checks due to banks allowing them to open accounts.

If you are making a serious attempt at a jab, it doesn't really make sense.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Why do you say that non whites don't have ID? I don't understand. Why would a non white person not have an ID?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
His new plan is to turn post offices into banks

www.theatlantic.com...

He said it will help the low-income person. He obviously just wants to help white people.

As we all know, voter ID laws are racist. They disenfranchise non-whites because they don't have IDs and Bernie obviously knows this*. Since you need an ID to cash a check, Therefore his plan only helps white people. That's racist.

Unless voters ID laws aren't racist, then Bernie's plan could help some people, but then he lied to the American people about voter ID laws being racist.

Is he a racist or a liar? Enquiring minds want to know.....

* www.democraticunderground.com...

I have never seen a more ridiculous OP. Well, maybe mine under cryptozoology about a half buffalo/half crocodile, but at least I had a couple sources. Your source says no such thing.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

LOL - are you one of these individuals that believes your vote counts or makes a difference or something?

Try not voting - that way you will remain blameless when it comes time for others to point the finger and blame someone for the further erosion of freedoms and individual liberties because they (naively) voted for the pre-determined muppet who gets the big chair.

True story - the last 50+ years of both democrips and rebloodlicans who have sat in the oval office is my proof

....they (the crips and bloods) are both batting for the same team - that being the military/industrial complex governed by corporate oligarchies and global elite bloodlines whose agenda is to usher in the NWO via global social upheaval caused by terrorism and economic collapse which will be generated because of wealth redistribution via forced immigration policies.

ETA: and, of course, reptilians control them all (thanks for the reminder Reldra)

edit on 5-11-2015 by Sublimecraft because: It's Friday so time for fun.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

LOL - are you one of these individuals that believes your vote counts or makes a difference or something?

Try not voting - that way you will remain blameless when it comes time for others to point the finger and blame someone for the further erosion of freedoms and individual liberties because they (naively) voted for the pre-determined muppet who gets the big chair.

True story - the last 50+ years of both democrips and rebloodlicans who have sat in the oval office is my proof

....they (the crips and bloods) are both batting for the same team - that being the military/industrial complex governed by corporate oligarchies and global elite bloodlines whose agenda is to usher in the NWO via global social upheaval caused by terrorism and economic collapse which will be generated because of wealth redistribution via forced immigration policies.

I'm surprised you didn't throw reptilians in there.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Voter ID laws are not racist.. they're common sense. Voting is a privilege that should not be abused. If you want to vote, you need an ID. Where I live, it's free to go get an ID. There's really no excuse.
edit on 5-11-2015 by redshift20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Wow... these attempts at ironic "gotcha" moments on liberals are getting more and more lame. 

I agree.

It would be so much easier to just attack their failed ideology.

Less work too.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Abysha

I agree.

It would be so much easier to just attack their failed ideology.

Less work too.

And more fun! I'd rather have fun defending my political beliefs than having to explain why things like this OP doesn't make sense.

I'd much rather argue the actual voter ID issue. When threads like this are made, it makes conservatives look weak and out of ideas.

I'm totally willing to admit I've seen liberals also make threads that are a bit cringeworthy but these kinds of arguments are on an entirely different level of desperate.
edit on 5-11-2015 by Abysha because: spellinz

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
So Bernie wants the postal service to take on risky lending? The reason payday lending is so usurious is because the loans are unsecured and the odds of not getting paid back are very high.

Nothing is stopping Bernie from lending his own money at low interest rates to these people if he thinks these are such safe bets.

Always amazes me how progressives never seem to put their own money up for their grand ideas.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Well, maybe mine under cryptozoology about a half buffalo/half crocodile

That thing was only obvious to me after I knew what it was. I think you totally get a pass on that one.

-----

Helping low income people access their money without being charged ludicrous fees is not racist. If this plan were only to accommodate a specific race, or not allow a certain race, sure it would be racist.

You can get essentially black balled from banks.

Voting is a right. Banking is not, though it sure seems like more of a necessity. It would help A LOT of people if they had some recourse when they get blackballed though. Living pay check to pay check is a vicious cycle for many, and any sort of mistake or unexpected bill can completely devastate someone from a financial perspective.

The logical gymnastics required to equate wanting to help poor people with being racist here are truly impressive.

I think you could perhaps say that this isn't a perfect fix, but it's undoubtedly a step in he right direction. Next, deal with people of color (or ANYONE if you don't want to sound like a racist yourself, dear pot) that is under enough financial duress they can't afford the $50 for a state ID card.

Doing this only helps, it doesn't take away.

Stupid Bernie Sanders, I'm starting to like him despite my initial knee jerk reaction.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
That's Sanders reply to the news of Post Offices(USPS) saying they are shutting down. Don't you think then the for poor people issues they would forgo the strict bank-like policies then? Kinda doubt that it would happen without an ID however. Overall a questionable idea, though many do need help in that Dept.-maybe there's a better solution to it.

Though, I don't see it as making him racist but rather a bi partisan bickering question. Ps I'm no Bernieite.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: redshift20

Voter ID laws are not racist.. they're common sense. Voting is a privilege that should not be abused. If you want to vote, you need an ID. Where I live, it's free to go get an ID. There's really no excuse.[

/quote] Depends on where you live how much it costs and where it can be gotten. I know of no picture id that is state ID that is free.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Alert !!! Race Baiter.

I'm sick to death of all this anti-white crap, I don't need to stick my hand out for help all the time and can stand on my own 2 feet. I never got hand outs and got pushed to the front of the line because of my skin colour and I done alright on my own. All this whinging about whites get this and that is total garbage..all I see is blacks getting things they don't deserve and have never worked for, they expect to be treated better but whinge if they think old "Whitey" is getting a good deal...get over it and work on your own to achieve something legitimately because this hand out mentality does nothing but fuel hatred.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Actually postal banking do work over here in Japan,

apan Post Bank Co., Ltd. (株式会社ゆうちょ銀行 Kabushiki-gaisha Yū-cho Ginkō?, commonly abbreviated to ゆうちょ銀行 (Yū-cho Ginkō), or just ゆうちょ (Yū-cho)), is a Japanese bank headquartered in Tokyo which is part of the Japan Post Holdings postal and financial services group.[3]

As of November 2008 it was reported as being the world's biggest deposit holder.[4] It is one of only two banks to have branches in every prefecture in Japan, the other being Mizuho Bank.
Prior to 2009, Japan Post was not connected to the Japanese Bankers Association (Zenginkyo) payment processing network, making it impossible to wire money directly between Japan Post and most other Japanese banks. Japan Post Bank joined the network in January 2009 and became a full JBA member in October 2011.
en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah so I don't see the big deal and ism connected to it even minority folks have bank cards, but I know I know the O.P want to make an issue out of voter IDs, Gun license get you to vote but not a college ID in some states.
edit on 6-11-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
Alert !!! Race Baiter.

I'm sick to death of all this anti-white crap, I don't need to stick my hand out for help all the time and can stand on my own 2 feet. I never got hand outs and got pushed to the front of the line because of my skin colour and I done alright on my own. All this whinging about whites get this and that is total garbage..all I see is blacks getting things they don't deserve and have never worked for, they expect to be treated better but whinge if they think old "Whitey" is getting a good deal...get over it and work on your own to achieve something legitimately because this hand out mentality does nothing but fuel hatred.

Yeah because this thread was totally about that! Wait, no it wasn't. It wasn't about that at all.

It seems weird to me that this thread happened to be your inner-racist trigger moment.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I am literally so white, that I am nearly transparent...

I would vote for a friggin Kardahsian before Bernie Sanders...
edit on 6-11-2015 by madmac5150 because: I missed an S

top topics

<<   2 >>

join