It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: Cop Executes Man as He is Lying Face Down and Complying

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Is it just me, or does it sound like the gunshots were fired from a distance? I also didn't notice any impact points when the shots could be heard. My gut says the audio was edited to include the gunshots.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy
a reply to: alienjuggalo

That is one seriously panicking LEO .
Should NEVER have been given a gun ,
hell I wouldn't trust her with a plastic butter knife .
59 yo is old . I doubt he ran . More like shuffled .
Obviously not a gang member/hoodlum/criminal .
Why even tase him . They had his ID/address etc.
Land of the hunted and shot . ...
Bravery and freedom left the building a while ago !

She also took the stand "in her own defense" and shouted at the jury about the charges lodged against being politically motivated by the DA.
After seeing this video numerous times and her behavior on the stand, all she had to say was she feared for her life and they acquitted her.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Is it just me, or does it sound like the gunshots were fired from a distance? I also didn't notice any impact points when the shots could be heard. My gut says the audio was edited to include the gunshots.

The responses to this video is exactly why eye witness testimony is usually suspect. People's recognition of what they see and hear is based on their individual life experiences.

I may hear a car backfiring, while the person next to me may hear fireworks, the person next to them may hear a gun going off.

Go back and re-read all of the posts on this thread. Look at the variety of responses, and the passion involved, over this video. We are all seeing and hearing the same thing; yet we are "not" seeing and hearing the same thing.

edit on 6-11-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edit.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Wait did she really shoot a guy while he was getting tazered?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Guys. I think I figured out why this video wasn't all over the news: The victim is white!

Didn't you guys get the memo? It'd #BLACKlivesmatter

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MrPlow

After seeing this video numerous times and her behavior on the stand, all she had to say was she feared for her life and they acquitted her.

And what is going to happen when the majority of the citizenry start fearing for their life?

The only one that appear in fear of his life, was lying on the ground.

These incidents are putting the good, honest, decent, police officer's lives in jeopardy.

Even some of the police officers I work with say that most people look at them with suspicion before they have a chance to say hello, and this is what they are getting from decent law abiding citizens.

We can all see where this is heading, and both sides know it. A shortage of police officers, and the desire of the ruling entities, to cut their numbers further and replace them with drones, cameras and robots, is coming closer and closer to reality, and bad cops are cutting the path for their own demise.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: Willtell

"Hysterics" has a misogynistic meaning... not to be too PC or anything, but male cops freak out and murder in cold blood, too.

just a friendly public service reminder...

Posts like these are why people hate feminists. Just selfish, off topic, derailing, yet allowed to stand.

When the focus should be on that poor man who was killed.

And everyone blaming the jury, have you heard of jury intimidation? Stop living in a fantasy world where the American courts of law are just and fair.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
Chuck, please. Enough of this nonsense.

The world does not come in just black and white. This attempt to divide every news event into a battle between black and white is not helping anyone.

This video and this incident is readily available in the news. Even Fox and ABC did repeated reports on it. If it is not were you get your news then, you may want to add to your list of news resources or do a better search.

Nothing about this incident is black or white.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
Well, if he got out of his car and RAN as the report says when he was pulled over, then why does this surprise anyone? If he had complied from the VERY BEGINNING, I am quite sure none of this would have happened. So the old man brought this on to himself.

Was that cop suppose to just let him get away or something? She was doing her job. He looked suspicious because he ran. When someone runs from the cops, its usually because they are up to no good. This put the cop into high alert I am sure and anything this guy did from that point on (hands in pockets etc) sent threatening vibes. If I were a cop in this situation and someone ran from me and then turned around at some point during the chase and put their hands into their pockets, I'd most likely shoot them too.

This old man had his chance in the very beginning but didn't comply. When he took off and ran, all bets were off at that point.

People run from the cops all of the time. I can't even count how many times I ran from the police as a teenager and an underage drinking party was raided. Or out egging on Halloween night with friends and the police chase us.

Did we all deserve to be executed face down on the ground because we ran and "OMG WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF!!?"

No, you know what happened? If the cops recognized any of us, they would show up at our houses the next day and put us in handcuffs and take us down to the station for questioning.

THAT'S the norm. That's how cops who know how to do their job handle this.

Also, I don't know about where you're from, but where I'm from - "fleeing and eluding police" is defendable in court if the suspect can successfully argue that he/she feared for their life.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy

That is one seriously panicking LEO .
Should NEVER have been given a gun ,
hell I wouldn't trust her with a plastic butter knife .
59 yo is old . I doubt he ran . More like shuffled .
Obviously not a gang member/hoodlum/criminal .
Why even tase him . They had his ID/address etc.
Land of the hunted and shot . ...
Bravery and freedom left the building a while ago !

People run marathons at 59 .. don't underestimate someone.. we don't have the context completely, we just know the report and what we saw on the video.. She was freaked out for some reason.. and yes it did appear he was reaching for something at one point..

I don't think she's justified.. I just think we're all too quick to assume the worst, and these days.. when it comes to police especially.. everyone is ready to vilify them without much question.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Some of you folks just love to live in absolute FEAR.

"He moved his hands! He was reaching in his pockets!"

Yeah, in which nothing was there.

Nothing at all.

Cops and cop apologists - for some unknown reason - feel, and are compelled to testify to the world, that lethal force is justifiable for:

1. Running
2. "Walking with a purpose"
3. Selling untaxed cigarettes
4. Possessing cannabis
5. "Mouthing off" to an officer
6. Any other extenuating circumstance

We need some sort of gun instruction taught to LEO's, because clearly, they cannot distinguish between killing somebody in cold blood and using lethal force as A LAST NECESSARY MEANS.

But I digress, police "fear for the lives," too much to not rely on instant killing rather than, oh you know, actual policing.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Dang this is just insane. Taser video of a Pennsylvania cop shooting an unarmed complying man laying face down, in the back ,killing him .

2 things about this video shock me.

The DA charged the cop with murder, and a jury found her NOT GUILTY.

I just dont know what to say i look at this video and see blatant murder of an unarmed man. Is it now a death penalty if you run from cops?

How can a jury find her not guilty? It was an execution plain and simple.

Officer Lisa Mearkle of the Hummelstown Borough Police Department was found not guilty of criminal homicide for the shooting death of 59-year-old David Kassick on February 2. Video has just been released from the Taser camera which was deployed before she fired two bullets into the man’s back, as he lay face down on the ground in full compliance with her orders.

The video of this cold-blooded killing by a maniacal cop, shown in full detail, somehow did not convince a jury that it was homicide. He had been chased down, shocked repeatedly with a Taser, fallen down face first in the snow, displayed his hands clearly at the officer’s orders, and then shot in the back twice.

Officer Mearkle had attempted to pull Kassick over for an expired inspection sticker, but Kassick fled to his family home, where he tried to run into the backyard. That’s where Mearkle ended his life

thefreethoughtproject.com...

I am no pro cop guy but I fail to see murder here. For one the moron kept reaching for something in his jacket and two you really don't see where his hands were when the shots were fired due to bad camera angle. I really don't think women should be police officers due to they are more likely to feel physically threatened by a guy and will escalate up the use of force scale quicker.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: vonclod

He wasn't being tased at the time the shots were fired or directly before (you do understand that just because the probes are attached to the body doesn't mean that the taser is constantly firing, right?)

Maybe only morons can see that from the video?

Might want to watch that video again before calling everyone a moron.
The tazer is ticking away like a mofo just before the first shot and continues to tick away till just after the second shot.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

,there is maybe 1% of some 13 million cops that are rogue,that leaves a lot of cops that are there for the right reasons......in saying that there needs to be a way to weed these scumbags out of the force

How about the "good ones" stop covering for them? Stop falsifying reports and eye witness accounts, lying under oath..... That'd be a really good start. How about we start treating murderers like murderers, instead of finding excuses for them? A private citizen, in place of the officer in that video, would be in prison by now.

Somehow for that to happen we need to get rid of the two rule system,it seems that there are rules for us and rules for them....the police work with the legal system and protect it and the legal system protect the police in turn.....

I am open for suggestion if you have a solution to this issue....i am at a loss....

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
that murdering b*tch should be in prison, munching carpet.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Murder.

I love how the police unions get angry at Tarantino for calling cops murderers when they do stuff like this?

Murder

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Well in this case "voluntary manslaughterer (extra er intentional)" would be more applicable but doesn't have the same ring to it as "murderer."

Semantics matter sometimes.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

She was shouting "Show me your hands" for almost the entire duration of the video. The old man had his hand out and visible infront of him on the ground for almost the entire video. Except during the moments he was tased , again ...and then again during wich he was again told to show his hands...and then when she stopped tasing again for a minute and he had his hands still visible and on the ground she was still shouting in a total panic "SHOW ME YOUR HANDS" ,wich where again,visible and on the ground,

and finaly she shot him , twice.

edit on 6-11-2015 by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Well in this case "voluntary manslaughterer (extra er intentional)" would be more applicable but doesn't have the same ring to it as "murderer."

Semantics matter sometimes.

She shot him in the back twice for no reason. I'd call that murder, not manslaughter. It was not negligence or an accident it was murder.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You should probably bone up on what Pennsylvania considers murder and what it considers voluntary manslaughter, then.

Call it whatever you care to, what the penal code calls it matters a wee bit more.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join