It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: Cop Executes Man as He is Lying Face Down and Complying

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You as a LEO, have you ever engaged in this sort of thing? Or seen it i'd really like to know?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Yes, the guy was on the ground, and yes, he had been tased for quite some time, but the reality of the situation is that he kept moving one or both hands toward the inside of the his jacket near his chest. He did it at these marks that I can see: left 0:38, left 1:09-1:18 (both shots fired during this time), right 1:23, both 1:53, both 2:01.

Exactly what I was going to post, he definitely seems to be reaching for something or trying to hold his chest, her response should have been put your hands behind your head. Problem solved. This is poor police officer work, it seems to me all to often that the public/criminals are expected to understand what police require you to do, unfortunately people do panic and do stupid things its human nature, we see it every day on youtube.

A well trained police offices should be trained in guiding people towards their needs not waiting for them to do something wrong so they can shoot them.

My assessment is she sounds panicked, she is thinking he is reaching for something, could be a gun, he keeps doing it, she has no backup yet and is not thinking rationally and her only focus is getting her backup on the scene.

She should have eliminated her threat by making him put his hands behind his head, problem solved.

She is living proof that you do not act sensibly when panic sets in, so the same grace should be given to the public and better handling rather than escalation techniques should be used.

For me this comes down to poor policing, did she intend to kill him, NO, is she s**t at her job, YES

edit on 10am309309America/ChicagoFri, 06 Nov 2015 10:39:01 -060011am11 by gazzerman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Engaged in what? Shooting somebody while simultaneously applying a Taser? No. Not sure what you mean specifically though.

Fwiw, my opinion on the incident is back on page 4, if that's what you were getting at.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

i want to tase that c-word and poor excuse for law enforcement and ask her to NOT move while getting tasered.

do LEOs know what electricity does to muscles?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'm not a cop, never been a cop, so I do not understand protocol.... Was she anywhere remotely close to following protocol in that video? If not, then how did she get off? I really don't see how a jury acquitted her. I see it in one of two ways, either she followed protocol and did nothing wrong (which we all know is false) or she didn't follow protocol and the end result was a dead man, which should bring charges..

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I mean, have you ever seen someone murdered by the police force? Is this a regularity in your experience? I understand you said lesser charges might be appropriate, and that you felt his hands where moving, ect i am asking is this a regularity from your own perspective. I am not intending to be rude

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yes his hand were moving, is it even possible to be getting tazed and not move your hands or tense up tour body?

You cant even control your piss, it looks like he is being tazed for the entirety of the video.

How do you do anything but convulse?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I'm glad you agree...maybe people will yell at you instead of me on this one

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
People are saying the guy is going for a gun in his jacket.

Did the guy have a gun in his jacket?

If NOT then your argument doesn’t hold water

It looks like he may have been trying to feel for an area where the Taser was striking him...It doesn't look like the guy was going for a gun to have a shoot out with this crazy cop

The 36-year-old officer claims that she shot the unarmed man because he would not show his hands and she was concerned he may have been reaching in his jacket for a weapon, but the recording from the deployed taser paints a different picture.

“At the time Officer Lisa J. Mearkle fires both rounds from her pistol, the video clearly depicts Kassick lying on the snow covered lawn with his face toward the ground, furthermore, at the time the rounds are fired nothing can be seen in either of Kassick’s hands, nor does he point or direct anything toward Officer Lisa J. Mearkle,”

www.uglyjudge.com...

I hope she isn't still on the force. The department should have fired her even though she was acquitted.

The family should sue her for wrongful death they might win that

SHE TORTURED THIS MAN TO DEATH!

edit on 6-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Yes his hand were moving, is it even possible to be getting tazed and not move your hands or tense up tour body?

You cant even control your piss, it looks like he is being tazed for the entirety of the video.

How do you do anything but convulse?

Do you know what it reminds me of.... I grew up with an older brother, who occassionally was a d*ck (shocker), and when he'd do his random assaults on me I'd cry, like any young child would do, and he'd put his hand over my mouth to try to quiet me so our parents wouldn't hear... Tazing a guy and expecting him to stay still reminded me of that....

link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I wonder if he was having a heart attack, but yes next to impossible to control your body while being tazered..think about that some of you morons. Pathetic incident.
edit on 6-11-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gazzerman

I wouldn't go as far to call her s**t at her job--you have to take into question (and you did) the actual training that she has received. Different departments and cities to different training at different intervals and with different proficiency requirements, so it's not fair to blame an officer IF (and I'm not saying this is the case) her department hasn't properly trained her.

I agree that she did a poor job, but at the same time, I wonder if she did the job in the way that she was trained. I was in the military, I know that training quality differs from unit to unit and trainer to trainer. I think police training is the biggest problem in cases like this, not the profession of policing as a whole, like some people like to claim (not you).

Also, like I said, I think that the panic is her voice is because there is somebody off-camera that is screaming at her as well, and without any backup, she had her attention probably split between the two people, and that generally leads to some less-than-perfect decision making.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Plenty of people don't piss themselves when being tased. Furthermore, he wasn't being tased at the times of the shooting--in fact, he had plenty of time to recover from his tensing and convulsing to comply with requests.

To assert otherwise is to be ignorant as to how tasing and the human body interact...and how the body reacts afterwards. Even twitching muscles don't cause you to keep reaching toward the opening of your jacket...with one hand, then the other, then with both.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I'm not a cop, never been a cop, so I do not understand protocol.... Was she anywhere remotely close to following protocol in that video?

That is just one question in a thousand I have about this incident.

Supposedly it started as a "routine" traffic stop. The man ran, we will never no why, but most likely due to a license issue. He ran to his sister's home were he was staying. It couldn't be very far from the stop, and she tracked him to the house.

I can see her wanting to stop him from entering the house, but her actions after tazing him to the ground, were more than over kill.

Kassick was shot multiple times along the first block of Grandview Road in South Hanover Township just outside of his sister's home, where he had been staying since Friday after recently breaking up with his girlfriend, said Dale Kassick, David's younger brother.

From all that I have seen and read about this incident, this officers is not innocent, and she took a man's life unnecessarily. What is it called when a police officer kills a person when it is not necessary, and their life is not in danger?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

He wasn't being tased at the time the shots were fired or directly before (you do understand that just because the probes are attached to the body doesn't mean that the taser is constantly firing, right?)

Maybe only morons can see that from the video?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

You should volunteer to get tazered, report back..then I would care about what you say. I would agree dumb for the guy to run..very dumb.

Sorry I'm being a dick.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Ah. No, I've never personally witnessed a bad shoot. One agency I worked for had a) never had an officer killed in the line of duty and b) hadn't killed anybody in many, many years. The other is substantially more active, but to my knowledge has never had a bad shoot. But that agency is extremely well trained, in my opinion. Much better than the other one was, to be honest.

As to how regular it is, not very. Take the number of LEOs on duty any given day. Then the number of police-citizen interactions on any given day. That's hundreds of thousands of LEOs and millions of interactions. A comparative handful turn out like this.

Is it too many? Absolutely. But it's not the way some on ATS like to paint it, that you're running a significant risk of being killed by a cop any time you leave your house.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I get it, But If he "kept reaching" What was he reaching for?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Probably his heart.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

I get it, But If he "kept reaching" What was he reaching for?

Would it not be natural when you are already in pain and terrified, to try to reduce any discomfort in anyway you can?

Would trying to remove your hands from wet snow and ice, be a natural response? Would trying to hold the place where you were shot a natural reaction?

Ever cut or bash a finger? Was your reaction deliberate or reflex?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join