It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Says Former Presidents Shouldn’t Have To Disclose Criminal History: Freudian Slip?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
During her recent campaign speech before the NAACP, Hillary Clinton's Freudian Slip was showing...and her latest campaign gaffe is a beauty.

“former presidents won’t have to declare their criminal history”

What she obviously meant to say was "former prisoners"...although she failed to catch or correct her gaffe at the time.

Perhaps Hillary's mind isn't as sharp as it used to be...perhaps she was subconsciously equating Prisoners with Presidents and was worried about one day becoming a prisoner, herself...or maybe Mrs. Clinton was simply thinking of her dear husband, President Bill.

Nevertheless, as potential Freudian slips go,...this one is a classic!

Best gaffe ever? Best gaffe ever.

During a speech to the Charleston chapter of the NAACP on October 30, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton discussed criminal justice reform. What kind of criminal justice reform? In her words, the kind that makes it so “former presidents won’t have to declare their criminal history at the very start of the hiring process.”

“Earlier today I announced that as president I will take steps to ‘ban the box,’ so former presidents won’t have to declare their criminal history at the very start of the hiring process,” Clinton told the assembled crowd. She did not correct herself.

You read that correctly. Hillary Clinton actually said that former presidents–for example, former presidents who were impeached and disbarred for willfully obstructing justice and who left behind them a long trail of sexual harassment and sexual assault allegations–shouldn’t have to declare their criminal histories before running for the presidency, one of the most grueling hiring processes imaginable.

Now, it seems rather obvious that Hillary Clinton, who is currently under FBI investigation for using an unsecured, unsanctioned homebrew e-mail server to originate and send classified information to individuals not authorized to receive it, didn’t mean “former presidents” when said that. She almost certainly meant to say former prisoners.

This isn’t Hillary Clinton’s first major gaffe on the 2016 campaign trail, however. Last July, she said during a prepared campaign speech that a lot of “open-minded white people” like herself are still scared to see black men in hoodies.

“I mean if we’re honest, for a lot of well-meaning, open-minded white people, the sight of a young black man in a hoodie still evokes a twinge of fear,” Clinton said.

During her speech to the Charleston NAACP, Clinton also criticized “excessive incarceration” and vowed to end “mass incarceration.” Black Lives Matters activists have attacked Hillary for supporting crime policies signed into law by her husband that activists say only made mass incarceration worse.

“The policy mistakes that she and the Clintons made got us in large degree to the situation that we are in today with mass incarceration,” Black Lives Matter co-founder Julius Jones told MSNBC last August.

thefederalist.com...

edit on 5-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I don't even know why Frosty the Hag is even going through the motions, she might as well have the Kenyan Communist just call martial law and hand her the next election. It must be tedious waiting for the coronation.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Really? Big difference between. Felony, felony stupid, illegally owning property. And outright criminal..

edit on 5-11-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Edit: she needs a mirror..
edit on 5-11-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Found the actual video of her slip...It is quite hilarious!
"Former Presidents wont have to declare their criminal history...."

Is she on drugs, or what?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Oh my, Freud and banana peels all over the place.
edit on 5-11-2015 by Enochstask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

I wonder if the people clapping heard prisoner and not president...lol

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I think she did notice she said the wrong word but it took her 4 more words to feel it.
She's pretty good actor though.

and she still got claps, what in the world..

Whoever clapped for presidents skipping a background check before we hire them to run the country... Come on guys lol.

When I have a company if I do.. I would want to know right out of the gate if you have gone to prison. I might still hire you based on my intuition and other factors. But that is part of you and it may be a pattern. Same as I want to know if you got fired previously and why.

And it's my choice who I want on my team.
edit on 5-11-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

HILLARY FOR PRISON 2016

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

HILLARY FOR PRISON 2016

Are there bumper stickers?
I'll vote for that.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

HILLARY FOR PRISON 2016

Worth repeating

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

HILLARY FOR PRISON 2016

Are there bumper stickers?
I'll vote for that.

As a matter of fact...
rlv.zcache.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well we all *KNOW* what's lodged deep in her mind don't we.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
"22 million presidents never have to sue over a
$ 2 contract as they'd become prisoners" ..... !?!@??@!?!?!!?

DOH .

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Not much difference between the Mafia and the government, only the Mafia had more style and lied less.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Ya know, this doesn't make any sense at all. I thought "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear". I suppose that isn't true for politicians. Especially not a Clinton.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
July 18, 2016

Did anyone see video of Hillary's address to the NAACP convention today? She is a master brown-noser...and a good actress. If you didn't know better, you'd think that Hillary Clinton hung out with Black folks regularly. She got the moves and the nasal intonations. Even with that grating, horrible, man-voice of hers.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's the raspy whiskey voice.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

“former presidents won’t have to declare their criminal history”

And neither will she as a defeated candidate for president.

Her history is already well known now.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: carewemust

It's the raspy whiskey voice.

I have a neighbor who used to drink Whisky, before joining Alcoholics Anonymous. But she still smokes heavily and had a hysterectomy right after reaching menopause. Nice lady, but ohhh she sounds SO BAD. Just like Hillary!

new topics

top topics

join