It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Democracy Is Failing In America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Why Democracy Is Failing In America

'Democracy'; the tyranny of the majority upon the minority!

Why failing?
Because the inmates are allowed to pick their leaders!
The problem is that the inmates need leaders because they have no ethics or intellect to know how to behave properly.
So they vote for their mirror images of corrupt idiocy!
The gov't runs the schools that prevent our children from learning how to think for themselves; creating a stupid, easily manipulable electorate!
Institutionalized ignorance!
Insanity!
Fools!
And they vote!

It's a 'lowest common denominator' game, and we are about to hit the bottom and implode!
In 200 years, there will be no more 'democrazy', no more 'gov't, not even a memory of such insanity!
edit on 6-11-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
a reply to: LesMisanthropeI'm not sure what your point is, but if he is standing their with a camera and asks you a question about a topic you don't know about, say no comment.

Image a video of "no comments". Of course there only going to show the folks BSing they're way through it.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You make a good point here. It definitely serves the interest of the presenter to only show the responses that support his view. We also have to ask ourselves how much knowledge should a person posses? On the surface the video makes people seem like collective morons but then again what importance to an American is sharia law? We hear about it in regards to Europe/ME some but as far as I know its not really an issue to be concerned with at the moment as an American citizen. One of the people asked could be multilingual and have a phd in mathematics or be able to play any song by ear. Perhaps it just isn't worth knowing to the average person. Same way that people are taught a bunch of utterly useless information. The earth is 93 million miles from the sun. Great how does that pay the bills one might ask.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

I am just going to say that I think it is in every person interest to know just how much false religion is messing the world up in 2015. If apathy prevents a person from doing that, that's totally on them, because the information is on the news just about everyday.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Its obvious we have a largely uninformed populace... why else would we still fall for the two party line..

Democrats have been in charge and fixed nothing... republicans have been in charge and fixed nothing..

Yet the narrative is voting third party is a waste of your vote...

Sorry I believe voting for the two parties that brought us to this point is a wasted vote... because we already know what they are going to do ...

And thats not do things that are good for joe 6 pack.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
humanity is one big fail

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Gotta love these selective videos that only show the times the interviewee said the things the interviewer is trying to make fun of. Oh wait, no. The other thing. These videos are tedious and don't prove anything.

Plus democracy isn't failing in our country. We never were a democracy. We're a Constitutional Republic.
edit on 6-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Sorry I believe voting for the two parties that brought us to this point is a wasted vote... because we already know what they are going to do ...

Sure it works. I will prove it.

Give me all your money, but I only have to give back to you, the ones that only have one side to them.

Doesn't work so well for you, but if I get enough people to fall for it; I make a killing.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Definitely true that voter ignorance is a huge problem in this country. Or maybe another way to say it would be "voters not employing critical thinking"... many claims made by politicos are absurd in the face of them, and many times people "accept" those statements because the person making them is on their "team".

To think this is confined to only liberal or Clinton supporter voters is also absurd.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

If a may, one of my favorite quotes in this arena...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
- Bertrand Russell * 1872-1970

Thanks

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt

If a may, one of my favorite quotes in this arena...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
- Bertrand Russell * 1872-1970

Thanks

Came across that one a few days ago in one of my books of Cryptograms. Twice in one week.

I think I am going to add it to my list of keepers.

Thanks.
edit on 6-11-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Fixed transfer glitch.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

Thank you for the quote. I had always heard it attributed to Charles Bukowski - “The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.” I like to use Russell when I can as I think he truly was privy to what is "going on".

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
And this...ladies and gentlemen (the opening post of the thread), is exactly why I say Hillary will be our next President, and unfortunately, there isn't jack we can do about it.

So many young and frankly, stupid, voters are simply going to vote for her, for the novelty of electing the first female President, and because in hindsight, her husband was one of the "coolest" Presidents in recent memory.

The GOP will never pick Trump, and if he runs independently, he'll just ensure a Clinton win. None of the other GOP candidates stand a chance against Hillary, and even Trump can't compete with this young and stupid block of voters.

Not saying all young voters are stupid...many aren't. Likewise, not all older voters are aware of the issues either. But, I do think there is a disproportionate number of very young, very ignorant (of the issues) voters, who are going to cast their ballots for Hillary, and this block will win her the election, hands down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join