It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why Democracy Is Failing In America

page: 1
13
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Two words "Total Ignorance"

This video just shows just how clueless people are and how easily they can be manipulated.
This video is asking people who have no idea what Sharia Law is to support it, and if Clinton supports it; it must be good.



Only one lady admitted I don't know what that is.

So sad, just pathetic




posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33Wow, just wow. These Frosty the Hag supporters are down right scary.



posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I thought america was a republic?



posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

You can blame the Main Stream Media propaganda behemoth for this - they have shortened the attention span of most citizens to about 30 minutes - maybe 2 hours - tops. Thereafter, it's shopping specials, Kanye' Kardashian, X-Factor all intermingled with a confusing array of which political party will shaft you harder next year.

Educational institutions deliver education - not knowledge. One is government sanctioned, the other the government does not want you to know lest you become informed and get clued-up to global political shenanigans.

Also, The US has never been a "democracy" - this is another way that the MSM chips away at eroding the constitution - just like the last 4 POTUS's have all made speeches informing US citizens about freedom and democracy.

The US is a Constitutional Republic - that's when the rights of the individual shall not be negatively impacted because of the rights of the collective.

Australia (for instance) is a democracy, that's when 50.1% decide what the other 49.9% can and cannot do (aka: mob rule)



posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

It is pathetic, but than again some people just don't like watching the news or keeping up with current events. I'm a news fanatic so I'm always interested in world news and current events. My wife on the other hand could care less. She gets her news from me, and I broadcast daily whether she's listening or not, lol.

How do you get people to be informed? I know there are probably a lot of people like those in the video. It's probably why we get these bozos elected into office every year. These people probably do the eni-mini-mini-mo thing when they have to vote. Unless people don't feel a direct effect from world events or politics, they simply don't care.




posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
Whoa, 30 minutes? I think you're giving them too much credit. If you're not the television, a video game platform, or some other sort of meaningless entertainment (which does not count good writing and art) than I suspect it is much less than that. Also, yes you are right about the Constitutional Republic, though we all have to admit the "Constitutional" part is out at this point, and if we were to agree that if the USA was meant to be as the Founding Fathers meant for it, than this quote is why the system is failing: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" -Thomas Jefferson That's my opinion anyways. Knowing life my opinion will be bashed. But I have the right. So it's there.

edit on 5-11-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2015 by Tiamat384 because: Missing Words



posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
I don't get it. What's wrong with Sherry-ah law and democracy? You must be one of them Republicrats, and anti-semantic. Murica!

edit on 11/5/2015 by Klassified because:




posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
My husband watches O'Reilly just mainly for the Watter's World segments. They pretty much expose this everywhere.
edit on 5-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe these people aren't glued to the mass media and the pundits like us saps are, and simply don't know what the words mean.



posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Australia (for instance) is a democracy, that's when 50.1% decide what the other 49.9% can and cannot do (aka: mob rule)


Maybe election time yes but when it comes to other things minorities rule & has been this way for at least two decades.

As for ops topic, many people just dont care, for most its just living day to day. Most are preocupied & refuse to raise their heads.
edit on 5-11-2015 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe these people aren't glued to the mass media and the pundits like us saps are, and simply don't know what the words mean.

But anyone with half a brain would not go on camera and talk about something they don't know anything about. That was just ignorant of those people.



posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

If people don't know know what Sharia Law is, then I fear the Religious Right can easily impose a Christian theocracy.




posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe these people aren't glued to the mass media and the pundits like us saps are, and simply don't know what the words mean.


Obviously



posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Looks like the planned Education/Media complex is working successfully.




posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

What do you expect when our schools have been controlled by Marxist for a century. Aside from the SJW flavor of the month you never see the left talking about the education system they have had near complete control over. You never see the Bernie supporters hold up the school system as an example of "socialism" like they often try to equate with roads etc.

Apparently they didn't have enough time between teaching kindergartners proper condom use and homosexual relations to discuss comparative theology, civics, economics, law etc . Oh well if I ever have kids one day they may not have a pot to piss in but they will have their choice of gender neutral bathrooms to bitch about it from.

The right isn't any better because they allowed this to happen and the right leaning news agencies prey on the stupidity of their viewers as much as the left.

Carlin said it best when talking about the education system and America. "Garbage in garbage out.".



posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

There is no difference between now and some other point in our history. We have just created imaginary golden age fallacies that things were more "informed" and we are regressing. Actually, this is one of the reasons the senate was originally designed to be selected by the electorate and not by popular vote.



posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

Test scores and performance evaluations would tend to disagree. With all of the information people have available you would think they would be more informed but if they never have the inclination to seek it out ...well. The abundance of information is lost in the noise of competing interest vying for our attention. This could lead some to believe that people were in fact more informed. Then again it could be something similar to Alvin Toffler's "Future Shock" where we have too much information to choose from and so making choices becomes incredibly tough as there seems to be no "right" choice but if that was the case the OP vid would be different.

I do agree with your last statement though. This is why people should understand our constitutional republic form of government as opposed to the misnomer of just being a "democracy".



posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe these people aren't glued to the mass media and the pundits like us saps are, and simply don't know what the words mean.

But anyone with half a brain would not go on camera and talk about something they don't know anything about. That was just ignorant of those people.


It's not like they walked up to him and begged him to ask them questions, is it? If TV culture is any indication, only people with half a brain go on camera.



posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthropeI'm not sure what your point is, but if he is standing their with a camera and asks you a question about a topic you don't know about, say no comment.



posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisrealHuh?



new topics

top topics



 
13
<<   2 >>

log in

join