It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of Fox Lake, Illinois, officer a 'carefully staged suicide'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well what was assumed to be a senseless murder of a police officer turned out to be a sham...

Initially hailed as a hero after his death, Fox Lake, Illinois, police Lt. Joe Gliniewicz is now likely to be remembered by another label: a betrayer.

What once appeared to be the killing of an officer in the line of duty turned out to be "a carefully staged suicide," George Filenko, Lake County Major Crimes Task Force commander, said Wednesday.

"This staged suicide was the end result of extensive criminal acts that Gliniewicz had been committing," Filenko said, announcing the conclusions of the investigation into the officer's September 1 death.

Fox Lake officer's killing: Feds reduce involvement in Joe Gliniewicz case

The officer had been stealing and laundering money from a police department program that mentored young people hoping to become law enforcement officers, Filenko said. Gliniewicz, a leader in that program, had been stealing money for at least seven years, he said.

edition.cnn.com...

You can't make this stuff up. I'm speechless... I honestly am... and I was one of the people genuinely behind this cop and his family... heck this very forum, Posse Comitatus, was closed for what? afew hours or a day? in honor of this police officer... but it all turned out to be a sham. Let's not forget as well, alot of people automatically put blame on Blacklivesmatter, or those who have been vocal about police brutality. I think it's time for those people to admit to jumping the gun on this one. I think the media is to blame as well.

The media didn't help in this matter...

edit on 5-11-2015 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

What if it wasn't?

What if others were involved in this scam with him, other officers, and he was gonna come clean, so they suicided him...albeit not very well hence why it has to be labelled 'a carefully staged suicide made to look like a murder'.

Honestly...this should send alarm bells ringing.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Please add to one of the existing threads below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Closing...

top topics

join