It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carson: Joseph built pyramids for grain storage.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Stop trying to change the subject. I don't care what you're saying about Biden or FDR or whatever. This isn't a thread about that. Stop changing the issue at hand.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Stop trying to change the subject. I don't care what you're saying about Biden or FDR or whatever. This isn't a thread about that. Stop changing the issue at hand.

Oh, but it very much is about being upset over the possibility that someone who says something you consider stupid might be President.

Otherwise, why else would it even be a thread ... or a news story?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Let me repeat.

WHO CARES ABOUT WHAT BIDEN SAID.

THAT IS NOT THE TOPIC AT HAND.

STOP CHANGING THE TOPIC.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
OMG a theory on the pyramids? Did anyone get killed?

"What difference does it make"?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
To clarify, do I necessarily agree with him? No, but I also don't think it disqualifies him. Not after seven years of having Biden as VP. I fail to see what a lack of deep knowledge of ancient Egyptian archaeology has to do with a man's fitness for the Presidency.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, but it very much is about being upset over the possibility that someone who says something you consider stupid might be President.

Otherwise, why else would it even be a thread ... or a news story?

Hey, if you want to discuss something Biden said, go ahead, I'm not stopping you. Go make 8 threads about it for all I care. But this thread is about what Carson is saying right now.

You're trying to redirect what this topic is about. You're trolling now.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This is why we can't have nice things.

We have people voting on candidates according to who they think built the pyramids instead of who has better plans for the future of this country.

We are getting exactly what we deserve according to this.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another

OMG a theory on the pyramids? Did anyone get killed?

"What difference does it make"?

Did anyone get killed??? Give it time. We are only talking about a front runner for president of the US who is clueless about most of the crazy things he says daily and never ever changes his mind about any of it no matter how wrong he is.

Do you not understand that we know for a fact where grain was stored, how it was stored, why it was stored, they even documented it in egypt at the time. It wasn't the pyramids. It was in big hollow underground silos. Ok?? We know this. You can research it, it's all very factual and easy to understand.

There is a problem when you're about to elect someone as president that sides with his own "Religiously based theory" and sticks to it rather than going with the facts!!! That is the problem.

But you don't care because he's a Christian and so are you (generally speaking) and therefore we must stand by him and what he says. Because, ya know, Religion.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

And it seems you only care, because, you know ... religion ...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I don't think this thread is about weather or not some one has a basic nor advanced knowledge of any particular field of study.
I think it is more about the state of mind and the mental capabilities of the candidate in question.
If said person is not able to keep a firm grasp on the details of the religious teachings for which he esposes, how creditable can his judgement be when charged with the protection and welfare of an entire country?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
This is why we can't have nice things.

We have people voting on candidates according to who they think built the pyramids instead of who has better plans for the future of this country.

We are getting exactly what we deserve according to this.

No we vote on them based on how capable they seem to be, how reasonable and knowledgeable they are and how they apply it.

So far, Carson has done a shyt job of showing reason, knowledge, or anything. That's the point.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Here's a few more stupid things said by democrat Vice President, Joe Biden...who, like Dr. Ben Carson, was also a candidate running for President.

Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S.

A man I’m proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States — Barack America!

Uh, uh, Chuck Graham, state senator, is here. Stand up, Chuck, let ‘em see you. Oh, God love you. What am I talking about.
Joe Biden
To wheelchair-bound Missouri state senator, Charles Graham, September 9, 2008.

If John McCain wants to know where the bad guys live, come back with me to Afghanistan. We know where they reside, and it's not in Iraq.

I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.

In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.

www.allgreatquotes.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

his well detailed plan for leading the country out of this mess we're in is solid as a rock.

Solid as a rock? All I've read is that he has no understanding of the budget, the debt ceiling or interest rates. And apparently his flat tax proposal would raise the budget deficit immensely.

I'll admit I know very little of all the candidates, on both sides, and so far it seems election day is just going to be beer day for me because I'm not voting for any of these idiots. But if Carson really does have a decent plan and you're not just fixated on lower taxes I'd love to read more about it, so have a link? Google is NOT my friend

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: introvert

You think you can actually hold that much grain in them???

I'm not even going to entertain this idea. You have to be out of your mind to first of all believe biblical stories. But to then try and apply such an idea as he built the pyramids to store grain. Please..

I was being facetious. Of course the pyramids were not used by Joseph for grain storage.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

To me, it is that he it is that he lets his faith get in the way of things that are not really up for debate.

Arguing the word is 6000 years old is like arguing it is flat to me. Or that the sun revolves around the earth not the other way around.

It should be looked at, especially in this day in age where we are all so scared of religious fundamentalist.
What else from the OT does he take literally?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And it seems you only care, because, you know ... religion ...

Nope. I care because an idiot is running for president and winning because of the other idiots who seem to love voting for idiots.
But since you're implying I don't like religion. Let me just say, YOU'RE RIGHT. I don't believe as you do, not in your god or any of the ridiculous things you have faith in. Don't feel one bit of guilt or shame about it either. I'm perfectly fine not believing in your mythology.

Happy now that we have that in the open??

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Oh wow really???? Great. Now go make a thread elsewhere about that if that's what you want to talk about. Because this isn't the thread for it. Which I've already made clear to you but you still want to keep trolling.

Nice job. Troll

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Holy hell, this isn't him just having a different theory about the pyramids!!
Even though it doesn't make sense and the Egyptians wrote down why they built them.

This is him having a religiously fundamental theory that they were there and used according to the bible!

That is the issue people should be having.
Or is it ok to be a religious fundie for Carson?
The OT is not compatible with our way of life.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yah, that wasn't really directed at you personally. It does kinda sound like it though. sorry.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

He is a quirky old guy with obscure beliefs.

It seems rather par for the course when it comes to GOP candidates: quirky old people with obscure beliefs.

Does his belief in the pyramids being grain silos or in a literal Genesis creation account actually affect his ability to lead a nation? Probably not. It is all of his beliefs in practical matters that would make him ineffective at leading a nation.

The reason I don't like to pick on the GOP too harshly for their fundamentalist beliefs (at least the beliefs that don't affect their politics) is that someday, my favorite liberal candidate is going to announce their weird belief in lizard people or unicorns, or something odd like that, and I would hate to see them dismissed because of it.

edit on 5-11-2015 by Abysha because: spellinz

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join