It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carson: Joseph built pyramids for grain storage.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: IAMTAT

But use logic.

Nope. Sorry. When Religion walks in the door, Logic goes out the window ...

I have to basically agree.

In an odd twist, when I read your post, you had 666 stars.

I bumped it.

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: introvert

You think you can actually hold that much grain in them???

I'm not even going to entertain this idea. You have to be out of your mind to first of all believe biblical stories. But to then try and apply such an idea as he built the pyramids to store grain. Please..

To be fair, not all biblical stories are false (-glances at the 6 point star in your avy-). But yeah, I agree that the pyramids have nothing to do with grain storage.

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: olaru12

Considering that nobody else knows why the Pyramids were built, and for what they were used...what's wrong with someone having their own theory?

Do you know why the Pyramids were built?

They were tombs for the Pharaohs. I learned that in Jr. High school. You must have missed it.

www.ancientegypt.co.uk...

But the big question is....
How many Pharoahs were actually buried in pyramids?

That has nothing to do with the Pyramids being used for grain storage like that dumbass Carson believes.

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!
edit on 5-11-2015 by olaru12 because: $^&RMYRM^&

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Considering that nobody else knows why the Pyramids were built, and for what they were used...what's wrong with someone having their own theory?

They were tombs for the Pharaohs. I learned that in Jr. High school. You must have missed it.

Correct. No remains were ever found in them. Tombs were in Valley of The Kings.
Most NEW theories exclude the idea they were tombs.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I suppose the next thing you'll tell me is ... "The Power of Christ compels you!"?

edit on 5-11-2015 by Blazemore2000 because: (no reason given)

link   
Guess somebody forgot to tell Carson that Joseph was from Canaan not Egypt. Not to mention there is no evidence that the pyramids was used for grain storage.

link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You're right not all the information is false. But I think most of them can clearly be said to be metaphorical, symbolic, etc. with some bit's of history in there as well.

At no point are pyramid grain storage mentioned however nor would that have worked.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

Not likely.

Anyway,

I feel Carson doesn't does not believe in a firm separation of church and state. Just an opinion.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
But wait... there's more...

www.forbes.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Guess somebody forgot to tell Carson that Joseph was from Canaan not Egypt.

Joseph became an Egyptian captive after his brothers tried killing him. That's why he was there.

According to the story.
edit on 11-5-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Guess somebody forgot to tell Carson that Joseph was from Canaan not Egypt. Not to mention there is no evidence that the pyramids was used for grain storage.

Joseph was brought to Egypt as a slave. It's part of Jewish and Biblical history, but you probably missed that. Better to comment definitively on topics about which you have no understanding, eh?...No worries...carry on.

edit on 5-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

That has nothing to do with the Pyramids being used for grain storage like that dumbass Carson believes.

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!

I didn't bring tombs into the discussion.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Was gonna correct you,

but IAMTAT made the point!
edit on 2015-11-05T15:56:27-06:00201511bpm3011pm2730 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Oh, look ... now our potential Presidents apparently have to be expert archaeologists too.

Of course, when Joe Biden talked about how FDR went on TV to calm people down after the market crash in '29, it was just a minor gaffe, but then he was just talking about our own country's history and not religion.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Yeah. There are huge underground silos where grain was stored. It's already known how and where they did it and even some documented evidence that says it.

NOT PYRAMIDS.

BIG UNDERGROUND SILOS.

First hint is that you can't store a whole lot of anything inside a pyramid let alone 7 years harvests of grain.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Oh, look ... now our potential Presidents apparently have to be expert archaeologists too.

Of course, when Joe Biden talked about how FDR went on TV to calm people down after the market crash in '29, it was just a minor gaffe, but then he was just talking about our own country's history and not religion.

So what????

This isn't about the time FDR got away with saying something stupid. This is about Carson saying something stupid. Or do two wrongs make a right now???

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Is this the kind of guy you want running the country??? Seriously???

Yes. Say what you wish about his religious and historical opinions, his well detailed plan for leading the country out of this mess we're in is solid as a rock.

Again, I'm left wondering why some even bother being on an alternative/conspiracy forum board when they are so quick to assassinate a man's character simply because he has different historical perspectives and theories than the mainstream does.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

So what????

This isn't about the time FDR got away with saying something stupid. This is about Carson saying something stupid. Or do two wrongs make a right now???

Ummm, this isn't about FDR. FDR didn't say anything about the stock market crash, and you just exposed why Joe Biden was able to talk about it and you didn't notice it.

Herbert Hoover was the president at that time and there was no TV except for highly experimental models only available to a very few. So, while there may have been a radio address, there certainly was no TV one.

And to think, the man who believed that about our own past history was only a heart beat away from leading this country for the past seven years ...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Uh... it wasn't FDR who got away with stupidity, it was Biden who claimed FDR went on TV years before he was pres and before the medium appeared in American households.

Ketsuko was simply pointing out a hypocrite with conveniently selective memory.
edit on 5-11-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

So what????

Please pay attention...before you comment.
Ketsuko was talking about 2007 Presidential Candidate JOE BIDEN saying something stupid...not FDR.
edit on 5-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join