It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could 5 Year Old Savant Really Be Telepathic?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I would love them to give him some ancient un-deciphered writings or codes etc. It would be awesome to know what some of them were 'saying'.

I love to hear about humans of this caliber because it gives me hope for the human race, well I don't know, hope for something anyway. I'm envious! When they were passing out brains I thought they said trains and I said my mom would buy me one later.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
I one of those weirdos that has always felt telepathy is a natural human ability but has been lost somewhere along the lines. Those real telepaths that show up rarely I think are those that have somehow managed to connect to it again

Nothing weird about that. I'd agree with you.
I don't think this is limited to those with autism, but I do believe that in these modern times its limited to children!
I don't believe telepathy works in quite the way most people seem to think it does. I think telepathy is much more personal, its something that can happen between two very close people. But the way our societies operate; this ability gets buried and lost as we progress towards becoming adults.
edit on 5-11-2015 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Telepathy takes many forms, in this case the solution set does appear random.
There is another type of telepathy that is harder to explain that involves information trunking.
Simple examples of trunking can be found in the game of chess where there are opening/middle and end games.
Many of us on ATS are familiar with the narrowing at the neck of the astral vortex.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The Mother's videos come off as exploitive, the kid is definitely smarter than her, but probably too young and blinded by love to see she is treating him like a circus side show.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I saw this and became curious and 2 things:
1. She wrote in pairs of 2 numbers
2. He was repeating in pairs

This made me think it was some kind of sequence, and taking into effect he is a savant. He will be able to calculate many numbers at a time.

So i took a look at the numbers and found a pattern. And with this pattern , he would be able to actually keep going if she did not stop him.

Heres my thinking, correct me if im wrong

The numbers:

Now, im not the best at explaining things, so i apologize ahead of time.

first i seperated the numbers into pairs. ( since the mom and boy both did the same)

55 43 12 56 88
73 21 33 46 67
14 23 51 93

first i discovered

55-43 = 12

now to start the whole thing , he would have to know these starting numbers ahead of time.

(4)3 (1)2 56 4+1=5 3+2+1=6 56
(1)2 (5)6 88 1+2+5=8 6+2=8 88
(5)6 (8)8 73 (5+8=13 8+8+6 22)

13 22 3+2+2 7 1+2 3 73

I only wrote the beginning becuase im lazy. but thats the pattern.

maybe ill explain a little more my reasoning.

the 1st 2 numbers are the 2nd number and 3rd ( which he needs to know ahead of time)
If you add the 1st 3 numbers you get 8. then add the 2nd and 4th and get 8
you do the reverse for the next set of numbers.
for the 3rd set you revert back to the 1st sequence.
and just keep alternating.

(i do believe he would have to be a savant to remember the 2 sets of numbers and do the math)
but the pattern explains the (telepathy)

edit on 5-11-2015 by shadowplaya because: wrote an explination

edit on 5-11-2015 by shadowplaya because: I wrote I believe he is a savant. but I doubt he is telepathic

edit on 5-11-2015 by shadowplaya because: nada

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
...and it caught the attention of neuroscientist Dr Diane Powell, a former faculty member at Harvard Medical School.

Well, it's not like there's this totally disinterested neuroscientist who just happened to see a video.

Powell's a 'true believer' in ESP, and that's the reason she's "former" and in private practice now.

She's the "alien guy" of ESP study. OF COURSE it caught her eye, she wants to use the kid as evidence.

The problem with true believer studies is, it's sort of like Tobacco Institute studies, or CSPI, if your entire reason for existence is [x], you are not going to be likely to find that [x] doesn't exist. So you ignore contrary evidence, you have confirmation bias, and you design really crappy tests that don't really push the subjects in ways they might fail.

It's a reason you don't let engineers validate their own designs.

You get someone legit that's not dedicated to proving the thing one way or the other to do the experiment design and testing, and see if THEY get the same results. That would prove something.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I've seen this done by a dog at a side show no joke lol. It may be similar here but what the dog did was listen to the praise or the correct/yes/good job and he'd been trained to read the pitch, length, tone, inflection, etc. of the masters voice and uh huh! was one, yes in a voice from high going lower in tone is two, right-e-o is ten...I dunno but something like that. better than the horse asked a math problem who stomps the answer with his hoof gosh...that silly thing went on forever before people realized oh shoot...he just keeps tapping until he hits the answer and the trainer says GREAT! so the horse knows to stop and every one is oblivious to that simple trick. kid could be a wonder but mom ALWAYS replying such animated ways is awkward.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Speaking Chinese was pretty incredible and spelling the 4th longest word was cool too. S&F...youtube channel has a bunch of videos. I would agree if humans start having telepathic powers I would think some alien conspiracies might be true.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The advice to date on this site is far too logical.

So I feel I must even out this out with something Religious.......

Burn them all as witches. Even the academics.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
No idea if this is "real" but can say telepathy, itself is real in my experience. First experience was when young with mother... then had a conversation as an adult with someone without speaking, once, in a transient incident.

My own experiences (fully aware that most won't believe- just offered as random info) involved knowing numbers my mom was thinking about... it startled her and we never tried again, and the later incident was when a friend and I were being "recreational" as teenagers and thus isn't very valuable as a story, but odd that two people would both believe they had spoken without actually talking for 5 minutes one afternoon.

My own guesses are that it is rare at a conscious level, especially later in life, but influences us all at a deeper, nearly instinctual level.

Neat if this kid could do it when asked to.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

you have a valid point. however, no "totally disinterested neuroscientist" is going to randomly appear to do the science, either. at the point in psi resarch when a "disinterested scientist" comes along to test psi findings, what you actually have is a scientist that wants to avoid being called "a nut who believes in psi." so you have a situation where psi studies by psi researchers show positive results, and psi studies by non psi researchers show negative results. they both have information bias. there aren't any scientists who can do the studies without imparting their preconceived beliefs, because every scientist falls into one of the 2 camps, and that will continue to be true until the stigma against studying outside the realms of conventional theory is removed. this is true for more than just psi research and has plagued science for hundreds of years. anyone who has ever scoffed at the findings of a study before reading the published paper contributes to this mentality, and it holds science back from its true potential.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Everyone has great points. I feel the only scientist fit for this job is the great Peter Venkman...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: shadowplaya

In another test with Dr Powell, Ramses was able to correctly guess 16 out of 17 numbers hidden out of sight - including one double digit number, according to his mother.

first i discovered 55-43 = 12

Notice the sublime method the mother uses to trunk the algorithm?

Perhaps this was meant to disclose the identity of the "Majestic 12"?

edit on 6-11-2015 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

I believe in lots of crazy things, simply because of the experiences I have actually had. If I were to deny my own eyes, then I would be the crazy one. I think telepathy is possible in a human, but unlikely. A telepath is not the same as an empath. An empath can actually feel another's emotions, while a telepath can actually read facts from another person's mind.

That said, there are some very rare, but very interesting things in the world. I think there should be studies done to see if the kid can actually read minds, or send messages.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

I'd like it to be both true and false at the same time.

I truly think that there is so much more capability in our brains than we are allowed to believe growing up, and I think that we subconsciously (maybe) shut those parts of our brain off as we move away from young adolescence.

But I hope that this isn't true, because if it is, I feel bad for this child's future as a test subject.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Some people just want to think their kids are special. Narcissism by proxy.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bulrush

The problem from my point of view is that we do not have the tools to measure quantum reality between 2 persons so we can track what is going on between the sender and receiver.

It is when you have these tools that you can start to ask the question, how do we manipulate quantum reality fields to create a synchronistic event where the probability for information exchange is a 100% probable instead of a lower probability field.

We do not even measure today what is the most usual field and if it differ from person to person depending on time? We need to be able to read the state of a brain on a quantum level to be able to track all the information in real time with tools that can see if anything on the quantum level is entangled to another anything in space time.

We simply do not have the tools/models and awareness to puzzle out exactly how it works and why it works and it's limitation at this stage.
edit on 7-11-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

4) He could see the way her arm moved when she wrote the last line

Mmhmm. I thought about this too. The kid could of watched her arm/hand movements as she wrote the numbers on the paper. If he is that precisionally inclined toward mathematics on a savant level and having learned several languages then he indeed could of mastered the art of visuallizing what is being written as the hand and arm and writing tool curved around the page while writing numbers and created patterns he had become familiar with and already cataloged into this brain. & if he were capable of doing this being that savant that he is, it would indeed come across as "magical" to the average human mind who does not have this type of capability.

Let's take a look at the wiki definition of telepathy

Telepathy (from the Ancient Greek τῆλε, tele meaning "distant" and πάθος, pathos or -patheia meaning "feeling, perception, passion, affliction, experience")[3][4] is the purported transmission of information from one person to another without using any of our known sensory channels or physical interaction

So in the case of this autistic boy, we can see that according to the definition above, the boy could of used an un-known sensory channel to become telepathic. If he watched her body movements because he had memorized the curves of numbers then we would easily be able to recite those numbers back to his mother. He senses/ and sees what the average person would never waste their time paying attention to and then catalogs it into his extremely smart mind.

and on the other side of this idea of telepathy...

a reply to: JimNasium

You 'may' find interest in Edgar Cayce who cured 1,000s after getting into a meditative state working through the 'akasha'.

a reply to: awareness10

Yes Cayce certainly did a lot of good for many people and have also read many of his accounts. I particularily like that he mentioned 'Russia' being the hope of the world in his future.

It is interesting you both bring up Edgar Cayce, aka The Sleeping Prophet. Who appeared to be extremely telepathic.

I believe everyone can be telepathic to a certain extent. I've been to the Edgar Cayce research center, A.R.E Center - Association for Research and Enlightenment Center where they offer a free class (Extra-Sensory Perception ESP Demonstration Class) where they demonstrate and allow each person in the class to test their own abilities. If I remember correctly, the test had three to four categories and afterward, you find out which category you respond to with the most strength. We learned the different types of mind reading and knowing the future types of telepathy that exist. People can be strong in one area but completely weak in another. I think I tested well in the precognition category.

Clairvoyance: Paranormal acquisition of information concerning an object or contemporary physical event; in contrast to telepathy, the information is assumed to derive directly from an external physical source (such as a concealed photograph), and not from the mind of another person.

Telepathy: paranormal acquisition of information concerning the thoughts, feelings or activity of another conscious being; the word has superseded earlier expressions such as “thought-transference.”

Precognition: A form of extrasensory perception in which the target is some future event that cannot be deduced from normally known data in the present.

leolady

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

They should blind fold him and then try it. Bet he gets them all wrong.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

The problem from my point of view is that we do not have the tools to measure quantum reality between 2 persons so we can track what is going on between the sender and receiver.

We don't need to measure quantum anything directly. We can do a blind study where the "receiver" of info (the kid) cannot see the "sender", so we can control for interpretation of body language. This has already been done with a psychic with staggering results. I have the book but can't find it nor remember the name. A subject and a psychic were separated by a screen with a chair on each side of the screen. The subject never talked and the psychic never saw the subject. They did about 20 subjects, and the psychic "read" them with about 80% accuracy. Study was in the late 1980s I believe. The psychic talked about the subject, their family, and when in doubt about a piece of data, the psychic was NOT given a point.

Naturally there a fake psychic, poor psychics and flawed studies but this was one of the most challenging studies yet that I've seen. I've seen a handful of studies and many of them were flawed, or didn't use a big enough sample size.
N=20 is a fair start though. TBH, this is the only paranormal study that I can take seriously. That's how bad some of the others are. I can clearly see flaws in most studies, and I"m not even a trained researcher!

I think the book is "The Afterlife Experiments"

edit on 7-11-2015 by bulrush because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2015 by bulrush because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join