It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever thought the Government isn't against you...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

What do you call food stamps, welfare, medicaid, assisted housing, w.i.c, ebt cards.....ect..etc..etc..?

I wouldn't say people have been completely abandoned.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yes, when I was a child.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
As long as you are working, contributing to their wealth and you are not being an inconvenience by questioning their motives, everything is hey okay.

We have many freedoms when compared to a lot of countries in the world, so we should all be grateful to them for allowing it right?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

Governments around the world are going to be responsible for the annihilation of humanity.

They're the ones who beat the war drums and use young men and women to sacrifice their lives for their dirty work. They drain us of our hard earned money and want to control personal aspects of our lives. They're in the business to spend the income of hard working people on war machines as they continue to diminish programs that help the people they're supposed to serve. They lie to the people and decide what information their citizens should know. Government representatives are all self-serving hypocrites.

That's my opinion of government.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If you believe that then you are part of the problem, or you work for the government in which case you are part of the problem.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

Choosing to live under taliban rule and actually fighting for the taliban are two completely different things.

if he fights for terrorists (and therefore is a terrorist) then he deserves punishment (but not torture).

But based on the article I read and NPR, this man wasn't charged with anything and the authorities have kept him in custody even 8 years after he was cleared for release.

My only agenda is to share information and be a voice for human rights - if you are implying I am a terrorist sympathizer you are WAY off base though..

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
I apologize, you're right. I jumped the gun on that one. I assumed (perhaps,wrongly) that a person who brings up Guantanimo, as an example of injustice in the world (when there are so many more heinous injustices,) was just taking a shot at the U.S.
If you listed your location (I couldn't tell if you were from the U.S. or not) on your avatar, as from the "U.S.," I wouldn't have responded, sorry. You see, if someone outside of my country takes a poke at us and I don't believe it's right, I poke back. I guess sometimes too quickly.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

No good government operates in secrecy. In the U.S., the power is vested in the people. So transparency and oversight is an absolute must.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234
Sure they keep secrets...Sure there onto you if you are doing something illegal but have you ever thought that secret societies and the government are (mostly) NOT evil but serve the people?

Benjamin Disraeli was aware of this problem and warned us about it, so have many others:

"Governments do not govern, but merely control the machinery of government, being themselves controlled by the hidden hand." ~ Benjamin Disraeli; Prime Minister of England

Past presidents of the United States and other high profile political leaders have repeatedly issued warnings over the last 214 years that the U.S. government is under the control of an “invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.”

According to six of our former presidents, one vice-president, and a myriad of other high profile political leaders, an invisible government that is “incredibly evil in intent” has been in control of the U.S. government “ever since the days of Andrew Jackson” (since at least 1836). They “virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both parties… It operates under cover of a self-created screen [and] seizes our executive officers, legislative bodies, schools, courts, newspapers and every agency created for the public protection.”

“A power has risen up in the government greater than the people themselves, consisting of many and various powerful interests, combined in one mass, and held together by the cohesive power of the vast surplus in banks.” – John C. Calhoun, Vice President (1825-1832)

From Washington to JFK: Former Presidents Warn About Illuminati

This is a much bigger issue than just governments or nations.

It involves everything BTW, not just the 'gubmint'...

The issue is global and it transcends all borders and all governments.

By adopting this chameleon strategy, this satanic cult infiltrated and subverted most governments and religions, and established an invisible tyranny without drawing much attention. ~ Henry Makow Ph.D.

“Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.”— Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States

"Danny Casolaro called it "the Octopus". A vast, interlocking network of criminal conspiracy that reaches into every branch and agency of the U.S. government, many other national governments, and every sector of our societies."

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I call it to little to late. Its the distribution of wealth that has to change and our governments have no intention of changing such. Point of fact "They" are enabling the widening of the gap between the haves and the have nots of our society.

Our people have not just been abandoned, they have had the proverbial wool pulled over there eyes on a grandesque scale if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Never thought the Govt was deliberately against me, just not for me. The purpose of the Govt (IMO) is to serve the Govt and those who pay it. What happens to me is inconsequential to them.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I don't think the government is against us. But I don't think they're for us either. At this point in America, I think there is no grand conspiracy; the reality is that it's just a bunch balding, graying old people who are finding themselves increasingly irrelevant and will do anything to stay relevant.

What does this entail? Just that these irrelevant people and parties will take any nonissue they can find to make it relevant and in turn makes them relevant because they "have a solution". And that leads to real issues being ignored and they don't care if the nonissues and issues lead to destruction, just so long as they keep their power and warped belief of being relevant.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

Never thought the Govt was deliberately against me, just not for me. The purpose of the Govt (IMO) is to serve the Govt and those who pay it. What happens to me is inconsequential to them.

Unless you refuse to pay taxes; then you will damn sure pay the consequences.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
There is no smoke without a fire, being skeptical about the lies were fed everyday doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist... or paranoid or a terrorist, despite what the government propagates.

Ever heard of sponsored politicians and political parties, what do you think the government is made of?
Saints who care about mankind, heroes who try saving their country and free the citizens,
or payed corrupted puppets to serve a different agenda and their bosses interests while having no problem selling our a$$es for a buck??

Is it just a coincidence that cooperations have legally more rights and freedom than humans?
and that private organizations have more power and influence to the state than any human, dictating countries economies taxing, and foreign policies?

Normal everyday citizens are just the peasants of the kingdom, the usual slaves controlled by everyday propaganda.
working hard, paying taxes, following the given trends, give away rights, buying useless #, being subjects to false flag events, and not questioning much at all...

Thinking the (any) government is working for the good of citizens, is a deception, we have to ignore various everyday facts and recent history n situations that point otherwise.
It's somehow like an adult believing in Santa C. totally delusional.

You see We are not Free, the markets are free.
And national security, isn't exactly citizen's security, it's the protection of the Gov from it's own citizens.
Governments have insecurities about their own citizens,

How can I trust a Government who doesn't trust me at all, and shares my innocent private info with various private organizations, and foreign secret agencies behind my back?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye
I know from experience on ATS that an awful lot of Americans do not get "sarcasm". So please, please tell me that you were being sarcastic? As That tennis player used to say "you cannot be serious".
Transparence and oversight?????? You tell me where the hundreds of billions of dollars of the defence black budget goes and then I'll stop laughing. I wont mention Iran- Contra. Whoops I said I wouldn't mention that.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I know from experience on ATS that an awful lot of Americans do not get "sarcasm". So please, please tell me that you were being sarcastic? As That tennis player used to say "you cannot be serious".
Transparence and oversight?????? You tell me where the hundreds of billions of dollars of the defence black budget goes and then I'll stop laughing. I wont mention Iran- Contra. Whoops I said I wouldn't mention that.

You just took a leap off the edge in hysterical laughter. Of course the U.S. government operates in secrecy. There's no oversight nor transparency.

Not a chance in hell that I believe the people have any power. I answered the OP's question: I believe the government is evil BECAUSE they operate in secrecy.

I didn't realize the debate was whether or not they do. They do.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think you need to go and read your last post again. You could just answer "I was being sarcastic".
Because if you weren't your post reads that you actually believe that the power lies with the people and you actually believe that the US works in transparency and oversight. Nowhere in your post do you mention that your statement is eronious and you hold a differing oppinion.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
what about uk nationals human rights ,this man was a traitor to everything the uk stands for

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I think you need to go and read your last post again. You could just answer "I was being sarcastic".
Because if you weren't your post reads that you actually believe that the power lies with the people and you actually believe that the US works in transparency and oversight. Nowhere in your post do you mention that your statement is eronious and you hold a differing oppinion.

This is what I wrote:

"No good government operates in secrecy. In the U.S., the power is vested in the people. So transparency and oversight is an absolute must."

No where did I imply that we have transparency and oversight. I said we needed it -- that it is a must. No where did I say the U.S. government is transparent. Because it isn't.

If you read the OP, you will see that the idea that the government operates in secrecy was not up for debate -- and I happen to agree:

"Sure they keep secrets...Sure there onto you if you are doing something illegal but have you ever thought that secret societies and the government are (mostly) NOT evil but serve the people?

Your thoughts on this please..."

I am very sorry you misunderstood my comment, but you did.

I was not being sarcastic. In context of the OP, my comment is straightforward and clear.
edit on 5-11-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

you owe her no apology the man she claims was innocent left the uk to join the taliban ,got caught by america then detained in
guantanimo an american base,now he is trying to get compensation from the uk tax payers,
the uk citazens have human rights to why should we compensate him.
he got what he deserved.

prisoners of war get detained its not a policestation its a battlefield
edit on 5-11-2015 by stuthealien because: war

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join