It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jar Jar Binks is The Most Important Character in Star Wars Universe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
why didnt the op explain it in words.

so I could even get it. I hate this..

im not watching videos or external websites to get it, im not just that into it...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: laminatedsoul
why didnt the op explain it in words.

so I could even get it. I hate this..

im not watching videos or external websites to get it, im not just that into it...

Well I would have to say that you clicking a link and watching it would be considerably easier than the OP rewriting the entire link and then explaining all the video's in detail to save you having to click and read...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
All these years and I had slept well assuming he died along with Jimmy Smitts when the deathstar destroyed the planet.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

When I read the title of the thread, facepalm.

Reading the rationale, though, I like it. It shows a lot of imagination and attention to detail. It has that Perry Mason-esk "the last person you would suspect but the clues were all there" sort of quality. I can almost see Jar Jar go from silly to evil as he squints his eyes and sneers at Yoda, "Meesa power greater than any Jedi!" and Force Lightning erupts from his ears.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Jar Jar only needs one thing to perfect the character... a bullet in the brain pan. Idiotic frog man in the way screwing up what otherwise may have been a good story.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Some parts of the theory seem a bit of a stretch, but all in all it couldn't have made the trilogy any worse. Actually, if they pulled it off right it could have been pretty epic.

That's the rub. Lucas was doing the writing, and he can't write. Jar Jar is too heavy-handed to be a believable "Phantom Menace."

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Jar Jar is the most important character..........

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Nothing could have saved the trilogy with all of the horrible CGI, bad writing and flipping Yoda's. The new movie will probably be a farce too. The original trilogy was just made in a time and place where it worked. Can't be replicated.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
imgur.com...

easier to read version w gifs if it hasnt been posted... was the one I had originally been sent.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

I liked Yoda flipping around lol.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

First and foremost, one of the posters made a site specifically for this OP which you can find here:
Darth Jar Jar
I haven't looked at it yet but he said he was going to embed everything and make it much easier to navigate.

After, almost shamefully, diving into the comments section headfirst (literally high hundreds) I must say I really like this theory.
The comments add sooo much more to it. The OP even goes off on many different angles, that he couldn't fit into the OP, in that bottomless pit.
The more I read the more it makes completely perfect since. They go into the meaning of his name, the, seemingly, real reason he was exiled, and it all just keeps adding up. Thank you for this!

Also, I had one thought I didn't see anyone else mention (any redditors post it if you want). As we all clearly know, the titles have meaning behind them. What if Darth Darth Binks himself IS the force that's awakening!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MDpvc

What this theory posits is a really cool idea, but you need it written just right to pull it off. Lucas is not that writer and he wasn't relinquishing any of the control, so it wouldn't have worked. Get a really good writer or writing team to do it, and you might have had something.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
He's Kylo Ren

Since you already spoiled it...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join