It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the most humourous mind job songs you have heard?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hahahaha!!!

My first choice is this song entitled "Mongoloid" by Devo, a 1970s punk band. I think the song first began to torture us in 1977. In the lyrics,

"Mongoloid, he was a mongoloid, happier than you and me".

Well even when I was just a sprog child punk rocker I worked out that there was more to this song than meets the eye. It has a special message you see. It taught me a valuable lesson about happiness and staying under the radar. The secretive smile I walk around with is very much real. I have put up a meek illusion to the world, but my reality is happier than any rich man or woman I know. If you ever see me smiling then you are clued up why.

The 2nd song is just about as simple as it gets. "Come on, come on, hurry up Harry, come one, we're going down the pub". That is from 1978 from the punk band Sham 69. Now for a working class boy like me this has huge significance. The song is inane on one level yet utterly revealing about life as a working class kid and the place of the pub in our parents' lives on another. To tell you the truth thank goodness it is over by and large. Alcohol fuelled arguments and all manner of problems arose because of the drinkin'. It was torture to the working classes in more than one century.

"It's all for me grog, me jolly, jolly grog, it's all for me beer and tobacco" says the jolly ol' folk song. However, at one point in the Industrial Revolution this was by and large the wages of those working class fellas.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Try this for size.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Beat me by 1 minute.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

As my last effort was beaten, here is an alternative.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

That is such a funny song. I remember it well. It takes the pain out of getting two timed. You can't help but laugh!!!

edit on 5-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Beat me by 1 minute.

Haha brilliant!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Excellent choice. Wow, this all brings back memories of Bob Marley's Punky Reggae Party!

Did you hear the Jamaican reggae songs "John Shot the barber" and "Shaving Crème"? I love it!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

There is a song called "So What" by Anti Nowhere League, but the lyrics would surely be a T&C violation of the gravest order. I would be hung, drawn and quartered by the mods for posting it. It is actually a song David Cameron might appreciate, wink wink, or should I say oink oink!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Tiny Tim's "Tip toe through the tulips".

The song is so bad I can't bring myself to bring that kind of pain here by posting it's video.

Sorry, I am not aware of the music members have posted here.

* sniff* I've lead a sheltered life, man.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Newznose,
I love Tiny Tim. The ukele and the falsetto...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

How about this:

"I took a fish head to see a movie, didn't have to pay to get it in"!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What's a "mind job" song?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

If I have to go back to BuzzyWings earworm thread I'm blaming you.

... they don't wear sweaters ...

new topics

top topics

join