It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans-Pacific Partnership Full Text Released

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade has the text here I haven't started digging into yet but I woke and and found this posted online and wanted to get it on ATS ASAP!!

Some interesting things so far....

Each Party shall provide procedures... that enable a copyright owner that has made a legally sufficient claim of copyright infringement to obtain expeditiously from an Internet Service Provider information in the provider’s possession identifying the alleged infringer, in cases in which that information is sought for the purpose of protecting or enforcing that copyright.

An Internet Service Provider that removes or disables access to material in good faith under subparagraph (a) shall be exempt from any liability for having done so,

edit on 5-11-2015 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2015 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

What could possibly go wrong with this deal, it's just another pass it to find out what's in it situation.

These pass it to find what's in it deals have worked out fabulous so far!

Good times we live in! (For absurdity)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
That's a lot of reading to get through. But I'm sure we are up to it. Let's read every single word and let the world know of this criminal deal.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
That's a lot of reading to get through. But I'm sure we are up to it. Let's read every single word and let the world know of this criminal deal.

The problem is that this criminal deal (I have no argument against that it IS) will most likely make criminals out of quite a few of us peons.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Great, another thousands of pages political and legal mumbo jumbo designed to deceive and screw over the everyday middle/low income people while making the wealthy richer. With exceptions to this and passes on that, secret deals and back door ins & outs for 'special' situations, nations or people......it'll take me about an hour just to download all of it.

Read it....that will take a chunk of time. It only took years to write. Did anyone notice every single nation has it's own pdf? This is a GD joke.

Party-specific Annexes to the Chapter:

2-D: Australia General Notes to Tariff Schedule [PDF, 21KB]
2-D: Australia Tariff Elimination Schedule [PDF, 4.8MB]
2-D: Brunei General Notes to Tariff Schedule [PDF, 21KB]
2-D: Brunei Tariff Elimination Schedule [PDF, 5.1MB]
2-D: Canada General Notes to Tariff Schedule [PDF, 35KB]
2-D: Canada Tariff Elimination Schedule [PDF, 2.9MB]
2-D: Canada Appendix A Tariff Rate Quotas [PDF, 142KB]
2-D: Canada Appendix B Appendix between Japan and Canada on Motor Vehicle Trade [PDF, 81KB]
2-D: Chile General Notes to Tariff Schedule [PDF, 25KB]
2-D: Chile Tariff Elimination Schedule [PDF, 4.1MB]
2-D: Japan General Notes to Tariff Schedule [PDF, 98KB]
2-D: Japan Tariff Elimination Schedule [PDF, 1.6MB]
2-D: Japan Appendix A Tariff Rate Quotas [PDF, 305KB]
2-D: Japan Appendix B-1 Agricultural Safeguard Measures [PDF, 118KB]
2-D: Japan Appendix B-2 Forest Good Safeguard Measure [PDF, 39KB]
2-D: Japan Appendix C Tariff Differentials [PDF, 24KB]
2-D: Japan Appendix D Appendix between Japan and the United States on Motor Vehicle Trade [PDF, 128KB]
2-D: Japan Appendix E Appendix between Japan and Canada on Motor Vehicle Trade [PDF, 67KB]
2-D: Malaysia General Notes to Tariff Schedule [PDF, 18KB]
2-D. Malaysia Tariff Elimination Schedule [PDF, 4.9MB]
2-D: Malaysia Appendix A Tariff Rate Quotas [PDF, 48KB]
2-D: Mexico General Notes to Tariff Schedule [PDF, 30KB]
2-D. Mexico Tariff Elimination Schedule [PDF, 3.6MB]
2-D: Mexico Appendix A, B and C Tariff Rate Quotas and Tariff Differentials [PDF, 88KB]
2-D: New Zealand General Notes to Tariff Schedule [PDF, 17KB]
2-D. New Zealand Tariff Elimination Schedule [PDF, 3.9MB]
2-D: Peru General Notes to Tariff Schedule [PDF, 18KB]
2-D: Peru Tariff Elimination Schedule [PDF, 2.7MB]
2-D: Singapore General Notes to Tariff Schedule [PDF, 10KB]
2-D: Singapore Tariff Elimination Schedule [PDF, 2MB]
2-D: United States General Notes to Tariff Schedule [PDF, 35KB]
2-D: United States Tariff Elimination Schedule [PDF, 6.5MB]
2-D: United States Appendix A Tariff Rate Quotas [PDF, 278KB]
2-D: United States Appendix B Agricultural Safeguard Measures [PDF, 68KB]
2-D: United States Appendix C Tariff Differentials [PDF, 144KB]
2-D: United States Appendix D Motor Vehicle Trade [PDF, 133KB]
2-D: United States Appendix E Earned Import Allowance Program [PDF, 20KB]
2-D: Viet Nam General Notes to Tariff Schedule [PDF, 34KB]
2-D. Viet Nam Tariff Elimination Schedule [PDF, 2.4MB]
2-D: Viet Nam Appendix A Tariff Rate Quotas [PDF, 32KB]

edit on 5-11-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Thanks OP for notifying us.

This should get a million flags so every one can see it, spread the word ATS, the world needs to know.
edit on 5 11 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I was just going to post this then saw your post. I have to be completely honest I don't fully understand what TTP is and I would like to be educated by some on here as to what the big deal is. I keep hearing about it and how terrible it is going to be for normal people and I don't want to remain ignorant. Can somebody please explain to me what it actually means in layman terms.a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

they are "rules for global trade", but ultimately it gives corporations more rights and "consumers" like you and me are less likely to be able to sue them, but they are more likely to be able to sue us

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

These bastards aren't even finished - this is probably just the precursor to other "trade deals" and and further corporate takeover

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Hmm....

Each Party shall provide procedures... that enable a copyright owner that has made a legally sufficient claim of copyright infringement to obtain expeditiously from an Internet Service Provider information in the provider’s possession identifying the alleged infringer, in cases in which that information is sought for the purpose of protecting or enforcing that copyright.

Is the launch of youtube red a coincidence?

Sure a company has a right to protect it's intellectual property, but now anything that is in the public domain could be claimed once again.

It's happened before- computer games deemed abandonware are free to play because the licenses have long expired and it is in the public domain. Now the developers can reclaim their intellectual properties and charge for services despite the fact they never renewed the copyrights.

It's happy birthday all over again.

edit on 5-11-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Use it for toilet paper. Todays 'agreements' are like yesterdays treaties. A bunch of legalese to mire people down with notions of law and order, quickly broken at the first smell of competition or profit.

Its an agreement among the megacorps not to step on each others toes too much while they exploit the peoples and nations of the earth to rape their resources at will.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I understand how the TPP can be seen in a poor light,though we are and have been becoming more and more economically integrated over the centuries thanks to globalization...Trans-national entities are more powerful than nation-states so this trade agreement was inevitable in my opinion.

We can complain all we want about this, that doesn't mean the corrupt politicians are going to decide this time they're actually going to sit down and listen to us.

edit on 5-11-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

This will be the final straw that destroys any sovereignty, we have been relegated to serfdom.

If ever there was a time for the common man to stand up worldwide now would be it!

What to do?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

We can complain all we want about this, that doesn't mean the corrupt politicians are going to decide this time they're actually going to sit down and listen to us.

That's cause far too many people in this world have that exact attitude.
"Meh, it's not like they'll listen to us so F# it."

It's long past time people start standing up and bitching en masse about the crap our Governments are doing for their benefit at our expense.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The TPP is nothing more than SOPA 2.0 I've been following this story on another site for the last year.

this gives way the Constitution to the Corporations
(your "rights" are EVEN MORE arbitrary [arbitration])

(if Corporations are people, Should't it be able to go to Jail?)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

But they should read it, word for word, BEFORE supporting it. That is within their job description.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The time is at hand. Revolution is upon us.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

But they should read it, word for word, BEFORE supporting it. That is within their job description.

No one, even lawyers can easily read pages of legal speak. Reading it and actually comprehending what you're reading is pretty much an impossible task for a legislation. That's why it's written the way it is.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I hear that this is a big deal for copyright infringers, although I'm not quite sure why or how exactly. Japan was pretty upset about the copyright details because they thought it would shut down their anime and manga entertainment industry. Just stuff I have been reading on the net... I am a little fuzzy on the details.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I am happy to know I am not the only weirdo who will spend a significant chunk of time reading this!

Thanks for the heads-up!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join