It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop posting propaganda!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
It's about the media making your opinions up for you.

I totally agree and also with your OP.
I've been noticing this for a long time now and it seems to be increasing.
Sometimes I have to laugh when hearing newsreaders on TV here in Holland.
It's not about updating you on events anymore, but more on steering public opinion in a certain direction.
Usually to justify new legislation or start a new war, that would otherwise never be accepted by the public.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Great rant

People are so easily fooled these days its like they do not even have to try ....i am pretty sure the social media craze has a bit to do with this as well .....

carry on

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Bumping in the vain hope it might do some good....

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Great rant. What I'm finding on ATS recently is that sources that would have once been frowned upon are finding themselves into many threads. the daily Express and Jihad watch, blog spots from Pamela gallery are being used more frequently and being believed by a large number of the members. The British tabloid press has always been dodgy and should always be backed up with a broad sheet article for some extra credibility in my opinion. People should also look into the histories and the owners of certain papers, especially the dail Mail and the Express. I don't think we should censor sources, just use a bit more discretion when it comes to certain sources. ATS should be about rigorous sourced information, not tabloid title tattle. I'll admit that I'm guilty of confirmation bias as many here are. That's why we need to be more vigilant and honest with sourcing from the media
edit on 10-11-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I've noticed it as well, mostly about Muslims and immigration.
I see some thread titles and I just know they are going to be sourced from a tabloid.
...lot's of propaganda being posted in recent weeks.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join