It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders files marijuana bill in Senate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Lack of motivation=jail time?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: Domo1

Kids now a days, teenagers and some of your younger 20's already binge on welfare

What the what?

Sure they smoke weed, but its sometimes hard to get, its a pain in the behind to find and when its like that you tend to savoir it.

it's never hard to get anymore, ever.

Sure, weed doesn't turn people violent and abusive like booze does, but its more about the person being violent or abusive. Stoned people can still throw a punch, shoot a gun, use a knife or rob a shop.

It's a commonly used drug now while illegal, wouldn't we hear more of the stories of the hopped-up crazy-eyed potheads if this were actually a common occurrence?

Weed is very much a gateway drug for teens too.

FOX News is also a gateway to bad information

I understand peoples hopes and dreams and utopia images of people smoking a joint now and then and going to work.

Not one single person that I know that uses EVER uses before work. Responsible users don't, irresponsible teens do, like they already do, but wait...it's illegal right now?

But society is becoming lazier and lazier each day. Once weed becomes a shopfront item.. it will put it into hyperdrive

ORRRRRR Several entrepreneurs will have a legal, relatively easy, at home business they can now run.

edit on 5-11-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
If Bernie gets it passed, he has my vote. It is way past time to end this rediculous war.

Next he needs to pass a bill that says it isnt against the law for a child to play cowboys and indians with pretend bows and arrows in the playground during recess.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Soft drinks, candy, cookies, snack crackers, and ice cream are food items and are therefore eligible items
Seafood, steak, and bakery cakes are also food items and are therefore eligible items
Since the current definition of food is a specific part of the Act, any change to this definition would require action by a member of Congress. Several times in the history of SNAP, Congress had considered placing limits on the types of food that could be purchased with program benefits. However, they concluded that designating foods as luxury or non-nutritious would be administratively costly and burdensome. Further detailed information about the challenges of restricting the use of SNAP benefits can be found here:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
It serves a good few purposes, such as opening the mind for relaxed creative thinking, chilling out and enjoying things without stress and sex.

the one thing I have noticed as I have got older is that those kids - who the argument is mostly focused on as its the most emotive to scream about fall into a couple of thinly walled categories - those with the sport and fitness urge don't usually touch it because they know how it works and those who are going to hit the settee with a good movie or chill out know how it works.

Its only if you already have an addictive personality - something you are born with - that it leads into other things - a theory often postulated by those pious poppies why have never tried it for themselves to research it properly before they spout their 'qualified' opinion.

Good for Bernie please come over here and - although you will be hitting your intelligent head against the wall - when it comes to some of our coc aine appreciative Front Benchers - try to talk some common sense into our lot. Just the revenue coming in would make our tax coffers look very different and create additional jobs - amongst a lot of other things that should recommend this action.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop Alcohol does the same things to people and that's very accessible but it takes a terrible toll on your body, is addictive and impairs you far more than marijuana does. Should we go back to alcohol prohibition too because many people of all ages obviously can't handle it.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

a reply to: rockintitz

true..

but they have the mental maturity not to eat themselves to obesity, not to shoot up cinema's full of people, not to go and buy every medication the TV tells them too..

you want to add marijuana to your society?

go for it.. I love a good smoke on the rare occasion with some fleetwood mac and a beanbag to relax on - but that's because i (and my country) has some kind of mental maturity.

...just don't expect positive things to come from it.

Dude.
Wake up.
This is about economics in the end.
We already have very accessible marijuana for any kid who would like to smoke it and sit around at McDonald's all day.
Marijuana is very easy to obtain, legal or not. I've never not been able to find it.

You act like "finally pot will be available" or something.
Wake up and give freedom a chance.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Unfortunately I see this as a pandering bill to get people to vote for him. We all know this bill isn't going to go anywhere. I give kudos to Sanders for doing this, but if he was TRULY serious about it, he would do it during an off election year. Though he has shown consistency in his voting record, so there's that as well. He's still my guy.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

He just gave the MSM a nuclear pr weapon. Bernie Sanders and his followers will be dismissed and painted as young pot smokers. Can you feel the burn will be hijacked.

Assuming he is not the chosen one by tptb.

That sort of propaganda doesn't work as effectively as it used to. The media has pretty much embraced marijuana legalization. It's hard to find many news sources that still print anti-pot propaganda.
edit on 5-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

and this all goes back to my original point.
America hasn't the mental maturity to be able to handle things like this.

your all sitting here pretending smoking dope doesn't (for majority of cases) bring about a lack of motivation.

You have a deeply biased view of Americans here based on propaganda and ignorance. The United States is the 3rd largest country in the world and you've distilled your opinion about ALL of them down to a very narrow viewpoint. If being an American was a race, you'd be called racist.

PS: You also seem to believe all the 1930's reefer madness propaganda that has all been thoroughly disproven. I can't even believe you uttered the phrase "gateway drug" in this thread.
edit on 5-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The primary reason for legalization at the federal level is to insure that states have the ability to exercise their right to choose at the state level.

The "banking bombshell" really isn't anything new, it's one on the primary reasons for the legislation.

Banks can't knowingly take in money that they know was generated through the sale of illegal drugs. They would run the risk of having their banks shut down and possibly seized by federal authorities sworn to uphold federal law.

The same thing holds true for a strip-mall owner. If they rent their property to a dispensary business known to be trafficking in illegal drugs, they too could see their property seized by the Feds.

So even if your state decides to exercise their state's rights and legalize marijuana, the growers & sellers in your state can't utilize banking services or access retail rental property to conduct their business.

Not to mention other repercussions they might realize so long as it remains illegal at the federal level.

Legalization at the federal level must happen first in order for the states to have any realistic chance to exercise their right to choose at the state level.

In other words and realistically speaking, there are no state's rights on this issue until the federal barriers come down.

Every politician in DC knows this, (including Hillary) it's just that Bernie is the only one willing to step out on that limb and actually attempt to fix the problem.

Go Bernie!

edit on 5-11-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

hang on.. so your saying stoners don't lack motivation?
they have just as much get up and go as people who don't smoke?

just want to be clear we're not confusing anything here.

I hope that is what they were saying. It's true. Motivation lies within the individual. More often than not what you are implying is false, and yes that faulty opinion is derived from propaganda.

I too must say, Nope......

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

What junk science is that.. I'm talking from experience. if you sit at home and smoke day in day out you don't feel like doing crap. Your social skills deteriorate and your kidding yourself if you think they don't.

I am pretty sure Snoop Dogg would argue against that.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

your all sitting here pretending smoking dope doesn't (for majority of cases) bring about a lack of motivation.

It depends on the strain being smoked. Sativa and indica have different effects. The hybrids are classified by the sort of 'high' they produce.

In dispensaries there are labels and classifications - and online you can do research that explains which ones cause "couch-lock" (lack of motivation) and which ones make a person clap their hands and say, "Let's go clean out the garage!"

They even tell you what time of day is most appropriate for various strains, i.e. "good for morning smoking to get busy", or "recommended for late afternoon or evening when no activities are planned."

Your opinion of Americans is, of course, yours to have, and yes, "we" are in many ways utterly kerfuffled at this juncture in our country's evolution - but

you do sound like you're generalizing, and are also unaware of the many, many different strains and the types of "high" (body high vs head high, slow to peak vs quick effect, long-lasting vs short-duration) available now. Especially for medical marijuana strains - it is now documented and developed to the point of gourmet choices.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

a reply to: rockintitz

true..

but they have the mental maturity not to eat themselves to obesity, not to shoot up cinema's full of people, not to go and buy every medication the TV tells them too..

you want to add marijuana to your society?

go for it.. I love a good smoke on the rare occasion with some fleetwood mac and a beanbag to relax on - but that's because i (and my country) has some kind of mental maturity.

...just don't expect positive things to come from it.

In the U.S., we realize not everyone is the same, and also believe that individuals should be allowed to live their lives as they see fit. Some pot smokers (and some non-pot smokers) waste their lives away gorging themselves on McDonalds while watching "reality" TV, while others pay their own way through college, graduating Magna Cum Laude while working 60 hours a week. Why would we impinge on the freedom of the 2nd example in an effort to protect the first example (whom I can assure you, exists in Europe as well) from himself?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

People lack motivation, there are lazy people that don't smoke. Just like there are plenty of driven people that do.

Exactly. I find I can be just as unmotivated whether I smoked or not.

When I was younger...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Bernie Sanders files marijuana bill in Senate

Stoners vote too.

He found a way to get their votes...good for him.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Bernie realized that people would have to be high to vote for him.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: HighDesertPatriot

Perhaps it is instead that the rest of the candidates want people to be miserable, stressed-out, rule-following slaves.

Bernie realizes that people who are left to make their own choices and able to get high if they want to are HAPPIER PEOPLE. Far more relaxed, easy-going, non-aggressive, and laid back than your typical 9-to-5er (most in the corporate rat-race are more like 9-9ers).

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: HighDesertPatriot

Bernie realized that people would have to be high to vote for him.

We don't have to be, but it sure makes it a lot more fun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join