It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism? By whom?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

racism in the US will never be overcome.

Racism will likely never be fully eradicated in the world, there will always be people that prefer to utilize a scapegoat rather than analyse themselves or see their own shortcomings.

The goal should be to get the majority of the population to embrace that NO FORM of racism should be tolerated.

Ferguson provides us with something of an example.

Ferguson does provide an example of the tension between law enforcement and the African American community but it also provides an example of the racism on BOTH sides.

1. White racist: There were white people that automatically jumped on the it WASN'T racism argument before any information had been released or any type of investigation was performed.

2. Black racist: There were black people that automatically jumped on the it WAS racism argument before any information had been released or any type of investigation was performed.

Personally I think the police force and communities are at fault for the US against them Mentality and it goes far deeper than simply being racism.

I also expect that as time goes on, Policing Departments across the country are going to come to respect the rights of African Americans by taking the approach that if someone sees a Black person breaking the law, the Police Department will dispatch Black Police Officers to handle the situation.

IMO that would be a form of segregation and taking us back in progress.

The question becomes is the strategy that the MSM and the majority of the population is doing currently helping us overcome racism or is it making us go back in progress?

I think we need to re analyse our strategy as a community of people not color.
edit on 001130America/ChicagoThu, 05 Nov 2015 16:00:54 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I'm sick of you and to whoever gave you stars they need to post and come out of the shadows, explain what position of yours they actually agree with, because as far as i can tell you should be post banned for your activity in this thread.

Happily and proudly stepping out of the shadows - what's it to you?

If we argue style over substance, I'm still getting both from his posts and nothing from yours

He speaks a kind of truth you can't get in any other way

I'm sick of a lot of people - but I don't call for them to be banned

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

He speaks a kind of truth you can't get in any other way

There is only one kind of truth.

Sick of me yet?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
"I was stopped for walking!"

Yes. Yes you were. You were stopped for walking in the middle of the road, with traffic. Instead of using the sidewalk 30 feet to your left, facing oncoming traffic.

And then you pulled the race card. I have to wonder if the race card would've been pulled if the dashcam showed her being run over by somebody instead of this interaction.

Wait. No, I don't have to wonder.

She was on the side of a residential road. I seem to walk on either side of my street that a car is not moving on. I have never been pulled over by police for that. On a busy street, it is very important to walk against traffic if there is no sidewalk. Not imoprtant on this street.

Why did a truck have to come to a quick stop? It didn't see her- not possible. The traffic too heavy to go around? No.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

One of the recent postings on ATS gives us a very valuable insight into the direction it appears this is going, whether we agree with it or not. The title was something like "Person killed by cop but his community doesn't complain"; it was based upon a story from HuffPost and the idea was that a "white" kid was wrongly killed by a black cop but the "white" community didn't complain or issue any response at all.

I found that article quite enlightening because for the first time.....a Progressive author from HuffPost was characterizing the incident in such a way as to define "community" as delineated by race. Blacks and the MSM have long described "Black Communities" but to my knowledge, they never describe a community as being a "white" community. The reason isn't strange, its because "whites" have always been thought of as being part of the "over culture"; they're simply identified and they identified themselves, as "Americans".

As we enter a new age, one where there is no "majority" of color, i.e. white, but only minorities, it appears it will be acceptable, at least from the Progressive perspective to define "communities" by race. So, they now begin to see a "white" community; a Hispanic community, etc.

Put another way.....the US is balkanizing along racial lines. So yes, the US is, in effect beginning to go backwards. Its devolving.

I have no skin in this game so I don't argue your points. I understand your arguments and see your points. I am rather, just an observer of trends. This is just what I see happening.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Sick of me yet?

Is that all you're going for?

No Les - but, honestly - there was a time you used to produce...I dunno - something

Don't know what you're about lately

About my last comment - TsukiLunar contributes something that you can't. You and I value different things

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

The whole "police departments should reflect the racial makeup of the towns they police" always confused me.

What do you suggest if Ferguson PD (or any other PD) cannot find enough willing black candidates that want to be, or are qualified to be police officers?

Force them?

That issue has been extremely difficult for municipalities across the US to deal with. One city I'm aware of has been working at this problem for about the last 16 years. The first thing they do is lay off or "early retire" the white cops. Then they hire back the most qualified of the white cops and put them into training positions. At the same time, the local "Police Acadamey" only accepts candidates "of color", in this cities case, Hispanic and Black. They found they weren't getting enough candidates of the appropriate "diverse" racial identifications so they lowered the requirments an relaxed rules to allow former felons of certain types to apply and become cops.

Its taken nearly 16 years, but today, the police force is racially balanced.

Voila!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Trust me, the feeling is mutual.

A few fellow posters have already dismissed the OP outright, without considering the evidence or the arguments. It's quite easy to do—"I'm offended, therefor it must be untrue". They made a point out of letting it be known as well, and then berate their fellow posters who are actually willing to discuss it. It's called appeal to emotion—if that's what you value, I'm sure you'll find quite a bit of that.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Trust me, the feeling is mutual.

That is what you want isn't it - you want me to be sick of you? :-)

A few fellow posters have already dismissed the OP outright, without considering the evidence or the arguments. It's quite easy to do—"I'm offended, therefor it must be untrue". They made a point out of letting it be known as well, and then berate their fellow posters who are actually willing to discuss it. It's called appeal to emotion—if that's what you value, I'm sure you'll find quite a bit of that.

No Les - that's not it. This is not why I defended his posts - and that's not what his posts were about

You can call it whatever you want - but I call it art. It means something to me that you don't seem to understand

I've run out of ways to discuss things with you so I'll leave you to it - knock yourself out

edit on 11/5/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Shamrock6
"I was stopped for walking!"

Yes. Yes you were. You were stopped for walking in the middle of the road, with traffic. Instead of using the sidewalk 30 feet to your left, facing oncoming traffic.

And then you pulled the race card. I have to wonder if the race card would've been pulled if the dashcam showed her being run over by somebody instead of this interaction.

Wait. No, I don't have to wonder.

She was on the side of a residential road. I seem to walk on either side of my street that a car is not moving on. I have never been pulled over by police for that. On a busy street, it is very important to walk against traffic if there is no sidewalk. Not imoprtant on this street.

Why did a truck have to come to a quick stop? It didn't see her- not possible. The traffic too heavy to go around? No.

Does any of what you said have any bearing on the fact that she was walking in the road and not on the sidewalk?

No.

Does it have any bearing on the fact that she was walking with traffic instead of against it?

No.

Does any of it negate the fact that she wandered out to the middle of the road at one point?

No.

Does any of have it any bearing on the fact that she was oblivious to the vehicle behind her until they stopped and got out and shut their doors?

No. And don't bother telling me she knew they were there, because then that begs the question as to why she walked out in the middle of the road if she knew a car was approaching from the rear.
edit on 5-11-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

The whole "police departments should reflect the racial makeup of the towns they police" always confused me.

What do you suggest if Ferguson PD (or any other PD) cannot find enough willing black candidates that want to be, or are qualified to be police officers?

Force them?

That issue has been extremely difficult for municipalities across the US to deal with. One city I'm aware of has been working at this problem for about the last 16 years. The first thing they do is lay off or "early retire" the white cops. Then they hire back the most qualified of the white cops and put them into training positions. At the same time, the local "Police Acadamey" only accepts candidates "of color", in this cities case, Hispanic and Black. They found they weren't getting enough candidates of the appropriate "diverse" racial identifications so they lowered the requirments an relaxed rules to allow former felons of certain types to apply and become cops.

Its taken nearly 16 years, but today, the police force is racially balanced.

Voila!

Well hey as long as all they had to do was lower the standards, no big deal right?

We have a racially balanced force, it's a win for diversity!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Don't forget the academy "only accepting candidates of color" to go along with the lowering of standards.

Nope, no issue there as long as racial quotas are met...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
to be fair she did seem to be walking erratically and not in a straight line. hmmm why didn't she just walk on the sidewalk???

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

to be fair she did seem to be walking erratically and not in a straight line. hmmm why didn't she just walk on the sidewalk???

To be honest if its a residential area and not busy road as it appears I see no problem being on the road .

The problem I see from the video is that she over reacted and appears to have racially profiled the two white officers.

As such, she concluded that the only reason she was stopped was because of her color because in NO WAY could it be possible for someone to have complained about her getting nearly hit and her appearing a little erratic with her hands flapping.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: interupt42

Her article was wrong, though if their issue was just about safety couldn't they just tell her to walk on the other side of the road? But ya she could have just gave her name and been done.

Now should people be calling for her job?
I do agree that the university has the right to fire her if they feel she represented them in a bad way but that is their decision.
She never called for the cops jobs.

People are calling for her job because she abused her influential position as a Dean Of Journalism at a State University (ironic, considering she's an African American, and I have it on good authority that African Americans are by and large disenfranchised) to commit Libel against 2 innocent Police Officers. She didn't call for their jobs because she knows that they didn't do anything wrong, she was counting on the outrage from her fabricated claim to force the Police Department to punish the Cops.

She should lose her job, or at least forced into retirement. I also think those cops should sue her for Libel.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Being in a residential area, her being on the road isn't a big deal. Kids play in the street all the time and that's why the speed limit is as slow as it is. I mean, personally I would have walked on the sidewalk, but her walking on the street isn't that big of a deal, however she shouldn't have had both headphones in, or at least had the volume low enough to where she could hear traffic. Would probably also be smart to look behind her frequently. Either way though, her walking in the street isn't an issue, it's the fact that she was unintentionally blocking traffic while doing so.
edit on 6-11-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Dorothy Bland?

Here's what’s interesting here besides the story

Remember a few months back the black woman from Chicago was stopped by a Texas cop and she ended up being arrested and hanged herself in the cell the next day...that was a huge story at the time

Her name was Sandra BLAND!

This lady stopped by Texas cops on this story’s name is Dorothy BLAND

Some coincidence in those two names and similar stories

Also the university angle…

Recall Sandra Bland who hung herself went to Texas to a university to get a job there and had the unfortunate incident
And similarly this lady is associated with a university

A lot of synchronicities in these two stories

edit on 6-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join