It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me get this straight...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yes, its "illegal". No, it isn't enforced unless

- the law wants an "in" due to suspicion of something else, or noise ordinance or something
- you are running a gaming room out of your hosue among your "friends", with very large sums of money. Basically, racketeering.

There are untold numbers of unenforced laws. Our government is run by idiots, what do you expect?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Like others said, you are correct on all accounts. The tax thing is a big problem--hell, that's why Eric Garner died trying to sell "loosies" on the street in New York, all because it was illegal because there was no taxes paid on it...well, that, and there was way too big an emphasis by LEOs put on that crime.

Taxation is one of the most abused and oppressive systems that we have going--at least the income tax is.

As for playing poker, I used to play poker with quite a cop and a detective on a regular basis, most often times for some money. So, yes, it's technically illegal, but most LEOs don't give a rat's arse about the weekend poker tournaments in someone's basement, and it's not actively sought out by any LEO agency that I know of (federal, state, or municipal) unless it becomes some out-of-control gambling ring.

edit on 5-11-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

And that fringes on running books.

If the feds had found or the snitch had found the payout mechanism, well the story would had ended differently.

Bet that group plays cards a bit more safely now, if they still do.

<< 1   >>

join