It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you read this...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
...or seen a similar quote any where. It was sent to me, and I'm curious as to where it came from.

We who are tasked with the survival of our species, perpetuate religion, not because it is the truth, but because the alternative, that which we know, that which we do not speak of, even among ourselves, would destroy humanity. Religion and its various texts must be maintained in perpetuity. The truth will only hasten our demise, and splinter us into an oblivion, from which there is no return. Ironically, the lie of religion may well be our saving grace in the dark times to come. Fortunately for us, and for humanity, the truth would never be believed if the gods themselves spoke it.

Could it be from a story someone was writing? Or a script? I don't remember ever seeing it before. So I present it to the membership for help in determining its origins.
edit on 11/4/2015 by Klassified because: edit

edit on 11/4/2015 by Klassified because: capitalize

edit on 11/4/2015 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I don't know the origin. I did a few Google searches but came up with nothing.

In terms of analyzing the quote, I think it fails to really observe religion. Religion isn't a lie, it's a very obscure way of revealing some truths and people misinterpret what is being said. Then they stand behind their false beliefs at all costs, starting wars because someone believes in the "wrong" religion.

Our world was created on a foundation of religion and we've strayed so far from anything that could be considered a healthy society.

I think if we knew, taught and practiced the real truths of the mind, body and soul, the world would be much better off.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Implication seems to me to be spoken by the consensus of a small elite enlightened group.

It uses the metaphor of a "phantom menace" for lack of a better term ... the occulted "truth" that would destroy humanity.

I wouldn't be surprised if it sprouts from a bed of evil alien creator-"gods" who placed/modified humans for their own nefarious purposes.

Sorry, that's what I get.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Couldn't find anything either.

It sounds like something from Federation of Light or another fantasy/made up "organization"

Where did you come across it? Was there any context? Any other information? Anyone could "claim" there is an ultimate truth that would change mankind blah blah blah but without any evidence or real substance a paragraph like that doesn't carry a lot of weight

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak
If I'm understanding what is being said properly, the speaker or writer is saying that religion as a whole is man made, and not a creation of a god/goddess. I can agree that all religions espouse some "truths", but I think the quote is aiming at the root of religion, rather than its philosophy. The last line of course, being tongue in cheek.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Implication seems to me to be spoken by the consensus of a small elite enlightened group.

It uses the metaphor of a "phantom menace" for lack of a better term ... the occulted "truth" that would destroy humanity.

I wouldn't be surprised if it sprouts from a bed of evil alien creator-"gods" who placed/modified humans for their own nefarious purposes.

Sorry, that's what I get.

That's the implication I get too. That's why I was curious about its origins. It could be something someone made up. Or...maybe not.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Couldn't find anything either.

It sounds like something from Federation of Light or another fantasy/made up "organization"

Where did you come across it? Was there any context? Any other information? Anyone could "claim" there is an ultimate truth that would change mankind blah blah blah but without any evidence or real substance a paragraph like that doesn't carry a lot of weight

It was sent to me by a friend. Who in turn had it sent to him without explanation. It doesn't carry any weight necessarily. I'm just curious if anyone on ATS has ever seen something similar. It seems to be reasonably well written.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I spent a lot of years looking at different myths, religious scriptures, alchemical texts, even going to things like magick, numerology and astrology ... believing that if I studied hard enough I would discover the Matrix-like Secret of All Things.

I'm still lured by that stuff from time to time, like a recovering addict to an old drug.

I will say, as I was reading it, it felt like I was familiar with it ... like I had "heard it before."

That could be just another characteristic of a really well-crafted piece of writing ... Or maybe not.

It also reminded me of some of the material from the Masonic AND Rosicrucian texts. (Especially the latter)

As well as the Lovecraftian idea that the actual facts of the "Mystery" would drive us all insane.

I'm blathering. Thanks for sharing!
edit on 21Wed, 04 Nov 2015 21:16:14 -060015p0920151166 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Please ask your friend who sent it to him.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Here's how I read it...

Religion levels the field from 7.7billion out for themselves into 2 groups, believers and non believers and around 10 subgroups (Jew, Muslim, Christian, Agnostic, Atheist, Buddhist, Zora, Tao, Pagan, Hindu) and then about 30 subsects (Sunni, Shia, Catholic, Protestant, JW, Antitheist, Shivaites, Vishnuites etc)...

Now imagine that havoc with just 30 out for themselves, try billions out for themselves...
ie the nut jobs have bandied together, it minimises wreckage...
Of course this relies on the notion that without religion it would be uproar in the billions, arguable either way really.

That's what I got from it anyways.

TL;DR: Religion pacifies.

I don't endorse such a message.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

If this were some incredible ultimate truth, why would it be randomly circulating via the internet of all places, without any context or legitimate evidence, that's what I don't get.

It seems like a big tease, something to get you hooked. I feel like it could be from any type of fantasy novel, or even a rando internet troll who gets satisfaction through playing with people's heads (there are a lot of those out there).

I would be more interested if there were some specific issues or any insights as to what mechanisms allow this elite "few" to be in control of such important knowledge (while allowing them to keep it hidden for so long, only to let a snippet like this circulate).

Maybe I'm being too hard of a critic

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
As a side note, as with some above, those words sounded very familiar upon first read.

For the life of me I cannot recall from where.

Alastair Crowley came to mind.
Probably wrong though.

EDIT: Just read it again, it's definitely from a movie... And given how recent I saw them I'm going Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief or Clash Of The Titans.
Maybe 300?

One of those types of movies.

Crowley lulz. Silly twat, Charlie.
edit on 4-11-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It sounds really familiar to me too. Maybe Aleister Crowley or even Carlos Castaneda?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
FWIW: Here's a link to some of the basic Rosicrucian texts (the more I read it, the more that echoes with me.)

Rosicrucian Texts at the Internet Sacred Texts Archive

That site is also a good reference for anyone interested in human "woo-woo" thought. LOL.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

It sounds really familiar to me too. Maybe Aleister Crowley or even Carlos Castaneda?

Yeah, in that current maybe ... although Aleister would have had a hard time saying "we."

LOL.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Crowley lulz. Silly twat.

Maybe, but he threw a helluva party.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

No, you're not being too critical. Especially in these matters, Objectivity is the key.

The piece also has a very interesting ... rhythm.

Dangit ... I will NOT get sucked back into this stuff! LOL

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Apologies, I meant myself for such a suggestion, Gryph.

He certainly did lol.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I could explain, but I wont, I'm wondering who wrote it?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

you quoted it perfectly religion is the demise of us be it the the hebrews xtians islams or buddists even the satanists and luciferans no matter the faith or creed its got to go put away creed and color of skin, the only thing separating us is what we need to cast aside

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join