It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four stabbed, suspect shot at UC Merced campus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Two students, a university employee, and a vendor were all stabbed by a (as of now unconfirmed) student at UC Merced. The suspect was then shot and killed by responding campus police officers.

Not many details have been released yet, but it's reported that the stabbing started in a classroom then continued outside. The suspect was shot when he turned towards police.

So what do we think? Love triangle? Mad about a grade? Off his meds? ON his meds?

abc7news.com...

ETA - meant to include that all four victims are expected to survive, sorry.
edit on 4-11-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Definitely meds...then perhaps add any other youthful angst my friend.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Double
edit on 4-11-2015 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I blame the education system.

After all who wouldn't go crazy knowing they spent thousands of dollars to get a minimum wage job in the end...

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

So what do we think? Love triangle? Mad about a grade? Off his meds? ON his meds?

I would take out love triangle an add lack there of, as in being ignored, an then say all of the above.

Good to see no one was killed though.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I'll just go ahead and say it.... clearly we need tougher knife control laws.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Perhaps it isn't guns or knives that we need to worry about. Maybe we should work on changing our system so that people can have that little bit of hope for a tomorrow that will be better than today.

It's not guns, knives, meds or anything of the sort.

It's a lack of hope.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

So is it good or bad to push agendas using these events?

Can't seem to ever figure that out.
/shrug

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert
Please allow me one more wisecrack....

In the U.S. aren't we almost on our 7th year of Hope (and Change)?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So is it good or bad to push agendas using these events?

Can't seem to ever figure that out.
/shrug

I can only give my personal opinion... so here goes...

I understand we all have our agendas in one way or another... but to answer your question... No! I do not believe that as a society we should cherry-pick isolated incidents and blow them up to the point where we make massive legislative changes. I find that remarkably intellectually dishonest at best.

I think that for any given issue it is important to look at the totality of information available and then seriously consider what course of action to take. As important, I think that a SERIOUS analysis of unintended consequences of proposed legislation needs to be considered. (Admittedly, that will likely NOT happen in my lifetime... probably not in my kid's lifetime either but here's to hoping )

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'm guessing another 'gun-free' zone.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The wearing of an all-black outfit by the perpetrator, and the involvement of Feds, are both indicators that this was another covert op, probably using the usual Manchurian Candidate type.

abc7news.com...
One student said she saw the suspect running from the officer. She said he was wearing all black and had a hood covering most of his face. .... The FBI is now involved in the investigation.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

The wearing of an all-black outfit by the perpetrator, and the involvement of Feds, are both indicators that this was another covert op, probably using the usual Manchurian Candidate type.

abc7news.com...
One student said she saw the suspect running from the officer. She said he was wearing all black and had a hood covering most of his face. .... The FBI is now involved in the investigation.

Interesting..

I have a black tee shirt and black jeans on right now, must mean I'm part of a covert op..

I swear every post you make explainig all events as a X-Files episode is weird.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
No, what's weird is not recognizing that these types of crimes are mostly committed by a perpetrator hewing to a well-developed profile, which you can find here:

signofthetimes.yuku.com...

The truth is out there, dude.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I am thinking, at least, the "vendor" should have armed themselves. ... "Stabed"?... Really? That's pretty, up close and "personal. If/when "leo" gets involved. I think, a dad/father needed to slap his son a bit more...LEO, shouldn't need to save you. Or adk "questions". They need to mop up the mess and "issue"..traffic tickets.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
I am thinking, at least, the "vendor" should have armed themselves. ... "Stabed"?... Really? That's pretty, up close and "personal. If/when "leo" gets involved. I think, a dad/father needed to slap his son a bit more...LEO, shouldn't need to save you. Or ask "questions". They need to clean up the mess and "issue" traffic fines. That's what they get paid to do. The dead, Doesn't pay thier paychecks.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Pretty horrible. It seems that knife attacks are on the upswing up here in the 907. We've had a whole bunch of stabbings lately. Not multiple stabbings like this one, but knife wielding would be murderers all the same. Makes me wonder if it is getting harder to buy a gun, or if the knives are just so convenient?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
No word yet on the perp's ID, but there is this:

scallywagandvagabond.com...
...it would be revealed that the attacker was a tall and slender Indian man.

Told Price, 31 via CBSFresno. as he turned to confront the as of yet un named student believed to be in his 20’s: ‘He had a smile on his face, he was having fun – which is more what bothers me,’

Having fun? Definitely another Manchurian Candidate. He probably played "World of Warcraft," another commonality of these whack attacker types.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Maybe if the police has tazzed or subdued the person we would be able to find out what this was about.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Well you know. Silly cops, meeting lethal threats with equal force. It happens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join