It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Planted Bomb On Russian Airliner: U.S. Officials Believe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

They're looking at an uncontained failure of an engine causing damage to the fuselage, near where the repair was done.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: St Udio

You are giving me nightmares.

I think that is the worst thought I have ever had.

The tail section was also previously damaged and could have been a factor.

welcome to the End Times Nightmare World

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

www.globalresearch.ca...

The Atlantic, in 2008, and the U.S. military’s Armed Forces Journal, in 2006, both published widely circulated maps that closely followed the outline of the Yinon Plan. Aside from a divided Iraq, which the Biden Plan also calls for, the Yinon Plan calls for a divided Lebanon, Egypt, and Syria. The partitioning of Iran, Turkey, Somalia, and Pakistan also all fall into line with these views.

The idea that all the Arab states should be broken down, by Israel, into small units, occurs again and again in Israeli strategic thinking. For example, Ze’ev Schiff, the military correspondent of Ha’aretz (and probably the most knowledgeable in Israel, on this topic) writes about the “best” that can happen for Israeli interests in Iraq: “The dissolution of Iraq into a Shi’ite state, a Sunni state and the separation of the Kurdish part” (Ha’aretz 6/2/1982). Actually, this aspect of the plan is very old.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: intrptr

I was waiting for this.

What do you believe 'this' is?

A plane downed by shady elements of government?
A plane downed by terrorists supported by shady elements of government?
A plane downed by independent terrorists?
Propaganda by the UK govt grounding UK bound planes to advance an agenda?
Propaganda by the UK govt sending UK aviation security experts before resuming UK bound flights?

*Edit*
Something else?

The next 'humanitarian' excuse to justify boots on ground, this time, Syria.

Remember the introduction of ISIS? They trapped women and children on a hilltop, threatening to starve them and the US just had to begin bombing Iraq (for the third time) but more importantly, Syria (for the first time).

The excuse like every other bombing campaign in every other country, was the next terr-nemy.

Thousands of airstrikes later, we now need a justification for the ground phase (in Syria). They've already called that sending in Advisors, just like they did in the early stages in Vietnam.

I think they hoped it would be carried by social media more than it as. ISIS already climbed responsibility for downing the plane over Sinai, right?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I thought Syria was already invaded by the Russians…

Invited is spelled differently than invaded, I think?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Sharm el-Sheikh airport chief has been replaced

bigstory.ap.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: intrptr

I was waiting for this. ISIS crisis building to Invasion intensity, namely Syria.

If anything Russia will escalate their missions in Syria and continue to pound the living day lights out of ISIS, which will remove the threat of the west putting boots on the ground.

If however, they chose to, then I think it will clarify the West's position concerning these arse wipes.

We don't have enough strength currently to do more than serve as human shields. Why do you think the Russian bombing campaign has been around the clock ?

No quarter, do as much damage as soon as possible to set back the US backed Insurgency before (any) reinforcements arrive.

The Russians won't actually bomb US ground personnel in Syria.

Flushing All-terr out and supporting Syrian ground elements, hounding them all the way to Turkey from whence they came will pretty much destroy the efforts to topple the Syrian government that have been emplaced so far.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Zaph,

Looking at photos - wouldn't uncontained engine failure affect wing and wing root area, not seeing how it'd get the tail?

What am I missing?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is all just unfolding as expected ...

Too bad actually, but I always knew this blue marble will at the end be destroyed by ourselves.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Because a lot of the pieces are going to follow the path of least resistance and go out the exhaust, spreading as they exit the engine. Yes you're going to get a good bit of damage to the wing and wing root, but depending on the failure mode you're going to get some damage further back.

You're also going to get some extreme vibration adding stress to the airframe that doesn't help.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Gotcha,

Even if most of the angular energy was soaked up the parts still have enough velocity to penetrate fusalage further back.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Intelligence suggests that an internal blast caused the downing of the plane. Which is what I believe and coincides with the widespread debris field. The amateur video from ISIS showing the plane blowing up and emitting smoke. The Russian intellingence going to the original airport to take a sample of their aircraft fuel.

ISIS or a symphatizer went ahead and did this.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

I don't think they completely eliminated the possibility that the aircraft went completely and suddenly into a non-aerodynamic state that could have ripped it apart, like losing a wing, due to an exploding engine.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
All the idiots on this board saying it was not ISIS guess what it was. Don't give me that conspiracy # here. Too many hands involved in this thing to do that. Also ISIS DOES NOT FREAKING PLAY WIPE THE SCUM OUT!!

Or how about the idiots that wish for it to be a bomb planted by ISIL. While flights, etc., should remain cautious it's really Giving ISIL way too much credit(assumed being powerful enough to intimate) prior to the investigation even being complete.

Plus this isn't evidence, it's what they "believe". Oh, by the way good that flights are beign cautioned from the area until, if even, the investigation proves it was an ISIL bomb.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: starfoxxx
All the idiots on this board saying it was not ISIS guess what it was. Don't give me that conspiracy # here. Too many hands involved in this thing to do that. Also ISIS DOES NOT FREAKING PLAY WIPE THE SCUM OUT!!

Or how about the idiots that wish for it to be a bomb planted by ISIL. While flights, etc., should remain cautious it's really Giving ISIL way too much credit(assumed being powerful enough to intimate) prior to the investigation even being complete.

Plus this isn't evidence, it's what they "believe". Oh, by the way good that flights are beign cautioned from the area until, if even, the investigation proves it was an ISIL bomb.

True that - seems like common sense response to increase checks and things to err in the side of caution while the investigation is ongoing.

The main thing that has me believing it's not a bomb is the location of detonation - while ISIS are clearly crazy, I'd imagine they'd be more interested in detonating it over heavilly populated 'enemy/western/russian' territory to maximise damage and fear.

While UK intel is leaning towards a bomb being the main causee - as far as I'm aware there's been no change in the threat level or warnings of imminent attacks - which is what usually happens if they have something pretty solid.

There will be an announcement by the Uk government in 5 minutes - I expect it to be focused on re-openning the flight path as that's what most inside info leans towards/has been hinting at.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Has anyone seen the video of ISIS claiming to be responsible for this bomb?

Everytime they get blamed/ take responsibility but I don't see the usual videos of 5 years ago being accompanied with the crime, with the usual poor translations at the bottom.

Most news programmes had a video to legitimise the claims or statements but I haven't seen them recently. ( might just be me). If anyone can find it I would really appreciate it if you could post it.

It helps add fuel to the conspiracy when little proof of their claims exist through mainstream media. I suppose it could be an initiative not to give airtime to these people, especially in the UK, where radicalisation is becoming a genuine problem, but could they not spin it in a way to ditract the new generation of radicalised muslims? I know they have a mindset that is easily comprimisable but I feel releasing these videos will help dilute conspiracy claims.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Here since nobody has said it yet...False Flag.

Someone had to.

Although I don't believe it is, this is ATS and that word is a favorite of many here.

My condolences go out to those who lost a loved one in this tragedy.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h
Gotta throw the words "strawman" and "fallacy" into the equation also if you want to be accepted on ATS...lol.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I guess I am still wondering about this.

Why hasn't Russia come out and said it was ISIS? It does seem logical, as retaliation. Which I would think would make Russia all the more determined to wipe them off the map.

My concern is the US's angle on this. After all, we created ISIS, right? Are they (government) going to try to say "If Russia hadn't got involved, this would not have happened?
Seems like that would just p**# Russia off even more.

Basically I guess I just wonder about our government coming out with this first? I don't know.

This British government arrived first with the insinuation based on intelligence officials' information..the British government proceeded by immediately cancelling all flights to and from Sharm El Sheik..Ireland and Germany followed suit, cancelling then their flights as well..

Many British tourists are now waiting to determine how they will be arriving home:

Russia could be being double crossed as Mossad or Cia could be responsibile for any bombs on the plane..so they might still be suspicious in that regard..I would think it unwise if it were their responsibility;

If it was indeed the ISIL opponents, I might wonder if Russia is currently so taken aback, left so incredulous that it is unable to accept it as truth..a.

b. If it was indeed ISIL and Russia is eventually convinced of such, then retaliattory answer will be most interesting in my opinion..

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Sharm el-Sheikh airport chief has been replaced

bigstory.ap.org...

Right, I imagine the Egyptian government is most unhappy with these developments..

Here is another article though concerning the remaining British tourists that will be flown out in the next ten days:

Highlights:
-Russian jet crashed in Egypt killing all 224 on board with UK and US saying it was probably caused by ISIS bomb

-UK grounds flights to and from Sharm and 20,000 are stranded with many unsure when they will be getting home

-Planes being sent from UK and will take ten days to bring all Britons home as British security is sent to scan bags
-
Monarch and easyJet to start picking up tourists tomorrow but thousands in UK booked to go before Christmas face cancellations

www.dailymail.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join