It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Planted Bomb On Russian Airliner: U.S. Officials Believe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

The UK govt has NOT said it was a bomb, just a suspicion which calls for UK security checks on flights bound here from Egypt.
I ask anyone who disagrees with that sensible stance to explain why?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: IAMTAT

It was just too co-incidental to have not been a bomb..

240 lost souls in the name of religion..

funny how no one but has made that claim.

isis actions does not speak for all religion.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: intrptr

I was waiting for this. ISIS crisis building to Invasion intensity, namely Syria.

If anything Russia will escalate their missions in Syria and continue to pound the living day lights out of ISIS, which will remove the threat of the west putting boots on the ground.

The U.S. and it's allies have been "pounding the living daylights" out of ISIS for a while now. It's not certain the Russians will be any more effective despite all the cheerleading.

They may well have been, but let's be honest, they have not been as effective as the Russians.

The Russians have made more of a dent in ISIS's capability within a couple of months than the U.S has in almost a year.

I'm not saying you're wrong but what's your basis for that? From what I've been reading the Russians have mostly been bombing in western Syria in areas not controlled by ISIS.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Not necessarily. I've seen some things that came from intelligence sources that would have made more sense if they came from a blind man throwing darts at a list of possibilities.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

This ain't a religion thing fella, just Western governments evaluating potential risks.
The UK has acted alone grounding flights until UK teams have looked into the situation.
Sounds sensible to me, and maybe it is an inconvenience for some UK folk stuck in Egypt, but I'd be concerned if I was a US citizen taking a flight right now while knowing the UK govt has stopped us Brits until they check the airport security arrangements out.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

The UK govt has NOT said it was a bomb, just a suspicion which calls for UK security checks on flights bound here from Egypt.
I ask anyone who disagrees with that sensible stance to explain why?

Well according to one esteemed member it is being used to push an agenda to introduce more draconian laws.

The U.K Government do not need this to bring in any new laws as they are pushing through new surveillance laws anyway.

Maybe the Russians are reluctant to confirm it was a bomb, because they will be too embarrassed?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Or because it really was a mechanical failure.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The U.K Government do not need this to bring in any new laws as they are pushing through new surveillance laws anyway.
True, the UK govt can do whatever the # it likes when it has a majority in Parliament.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I guess time will tell.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I was waiting for this. ISIS crisis building to Invasion intensity, namely Syria.

If anything Russia will escalate their missions in Syria and continue to pound the living day lights out of ISIS, which will remove the threat of the west putting boots on the ground.

The U.S. and it's allies have been "pounding the living daylights" out of ISIS for a while now. It's not certain the Russians will be any more effective despite all the cheerleading.

They may well have been, but let's be honest, they have not been as effective as the Russians.

The Russians have made more of a dent in ISIS's capability within a couple of months than the U.S has in almost a year.

I'm not saying you're wrong but what's your basis for that? From what I've been reading the Russians have mostly been bombing in western Syria in areas not controlled by ISIS.

I believe the Russians are targeting all rebel groups, including the moderate rebels, who only moderately kill.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Or because it really was a mechanical failure.

www.youtube.com...

You just never know

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I saw Philip Hammond on Sky News before minutes after leaving the COBRA meeting. I think our Government know far more than they are letting out of the bag at the moment. He was quite firm when he said they had to put the safety of British citizens first and they haven't done it lightly but on the intelligence he has seen they had no choice. I got the feeling they have probably had intelligence to say another plane is at risk imminently. I may be wrong just a gut feeling. Especially when he spoke of how they are going to get British people out of Egypt on flights. He said he could reassure British citizens that with the emergency procedures they have put in place they will be 100% safe. I got the feeling each flight will be accompanied by some sort of military. He also said there was no intelligence to say that any of the hotels are at risk, so again it sounds as though he thinks flights may be.a reply to: grainofsand

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I guess I am still wondering about this.

Why hasn't Russia come out and said it was ISIS? It does seem logical, as retaliation. Which I would think would make Russia all the more determined to wipe them off the map.

Quite. There is something here that does not make sense given the "supposed" reason for Russian involvement ie the elimination of ISIS. This is perfect for that cause, especially when ISIS claim to have done it AND the Russians have the black boxes and thus can "prove" that ISIS really did do it.

My concern is the US's angle on this. After all, we created ISIS, right? Are they (government) going to try to say "If Russia hadn't got involved, this would not have happened?
Seems like that would just p**# Russia off even more.

Well exactly. The US statement is completely and totally illogical if they are the "creators" of ISIS.

Basically I guess I just wonder about our government coming out with this first? I don't know.

The reasons are devastatingly simple :

1. ISIS had nothing to do with the US it was an extreme muslim organisation sitting in the background (as many people here have already stated). It took advantage of the power vacuum and free flowing availability of US provided anti-Assad arms (as many people here have already stated). The only part played by the US is it's woeful intelligence and/or naivity (as per fricking usual) about the consequences of power vacuums.

2. The Russians have no intention of attacking ISIS (as many people here have already stated). They haven't yet, just token gestures for appearance. Their target is and always has been the moderate anti Assad freedom fighters (as many people here have already stated). Russia cannot tackle ISIS so MUST deny their involvement.

Reality is logical, the conspiracies are lunatic!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm glad our government have taken these steps but do worry with regards to Egypt. Apparently Egypt's Foreign Minister is furious and says we have jumped the gun. Just wonder whether this all helps the terrorist aspect in Egypt. They have killed off tourism in Tunisia and therefore damaged Tunisia's economy and now looks like the same is happening with Egyptians tourism. Each time it opens up these countries to terrorism and kind of gives the terrorists what they want.a reply to: anxiouswens

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Maybe the Russians are reluctant to confirm it was a bomb, because they will be too embarrassed?

Egypt will be putting pressure on Moscow no to admit that the terrorists are taking down planes, they really need their tourist industry to survive. Russia and Egypt under Sisi are very close.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Of course the US are saying there was a bomb on board..

it was their guy that put it there.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

You also can't forget that our media and government are engaging in an unending war using propaganda and many times lies to twist the public's perception on things.

Dat Russian propaganda blitzkrieg.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I searched the MSM print media--- no info--- but on radio news I understand the forensic evidence tell us that in a part of the passenger compartment the bodies were all burnt up.... but in other parts of the compartment the bodies were all shredded to pieces...

I think that info is being used as the basis for the UK & USA statements of an internal bomb device...

it was probably some external hit / force that caused the burned victims and the shredded bodies were from where the tail section just disintegrated.... the catastrophe took under a minute to send the craft into an uncontrolled descent with no time to broadcast any may-day

my 2¢

or else it might be a surgically implanted device augmented with 2 breast implants of napalm gel ?
edit on th30144668028104382015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th30144668086004472015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

You are giving me nightmares.

I think that is the worst thought I have ever had.

The tail section was also previously damaged and could have been a factor.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Its saying on BBC that there are 20,000 stuck in Egypt and there are rumours that the RAF may be used to fly people home. I wouldn't like to be one of those British tourists waiting at the airport I think I would feel like a sitting duck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join