It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Planted Bomb On Russian Airliner: U.S. Officials Believe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Speculation of a bomb onboard has been floating around since the crash of the Russian passenger jet in the Sinai, but with recent US and British official statements, it seem as if an onboard ISIS explosive device is now the most likely explanation.

U.S. officials believe ISIS planted bomb on Russian plane

(CNN)The latest U.S. intelligence suggests that the crash of a Russian passenger jet in the Sinai over the weekend was most likely caused by a bomb on the plane planted by ISIS or an ISIS affiliate, according to a U.S. official familiar with the matter.

But the official stressed a formal conclusion has not been reached by the U.S. intelligence community.

"There is a definite feeling it was an explosive device planted in luggage or somewhere on the plane," the official, who is familiar with the latest U.S. intelligence analysis of the crash, told CNN.

Other U.S. officials also told CNN that the analysis is pointing toward the cause being a bomb.

Based on the same intelligence, the U.S. belief is that ISIS or an ISIS-affiliated group is responsible for the attack, the official said.

The British government announced Wednesday that it had "become concerned that the plane may well have been brought down by an explosive device."

The British government did not detail precisely how it reached that conclusion. But a UK aviation team is traveling to inspect the Sharm airport to look at whether there were proper security measures at the airport and the various scenarios, by which, an explosive device could have made it to the Russian airliner "including a person or in cargo," according to the British transport minister.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I thought as much, what with the U.K grounding any flights out of Sharm until thorough security checks are carried out.

No.10 have suggested it was a bomb according to Sky News.

news.sky.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

It's curious how the UK acted first on this one.
I'm assuming US flights are still leaving Sharm without enhanced security checks, or maybe the UK aviation security team is in communication with US officials as well?

*Edit*
I'm sure if I was a US citizen waiting for my flight from Sharm right now I'd be concerned that the Brits have been grounded pending further investigation.
edit on 4.11.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

It looks like U.S Airlines do not use Sharm, mainly European airlines and a few from the ME.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4/11/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
All the idiots on this board saying it was not ISIS guess what it was. Don't give me that conspiracy # here. Too many hands involved in this thing to do that. Also ISIS DOES NOT FREAKING PLAY WIPE THE SCUM OUT!!
edit on 4-11-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Ah, that would explain much, either way, I imagine the security protocols are pretty much the same at all Egyptian airports so I'd be concerned as a US citizen awaiting a flight but knowing us Brits have been grounded pending a UK aviation security team saying yeah it's safe..

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I was waiting for this. ISIS crisis building to Invasion intensity, namely Syria.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

ISIS has apparently claimed responsibility for this attack ... but either way I would've expected the U.S. officials to say "they THINK it was ISIS", whether or not it was true.

You also can't forget that our media and government are engaging in an unending war using propaganda and many times lies to twist the public's perception on things.
edit on 4-11-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I was waiting for this.

What do you believe 'this' is?

A plane downed by shady elements of government?
A plane downed by terrorists supported by shady elements of government?
A plane downed by independent terrorists?
Propaganda by the UK govt grounding UK bound planes to advance an agenda?
Propaganda by the UK govt sending UK aviation security experts before resuming UK bound flights?

*Edit*
Something else?
edit on 4.11.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I thought Syria was already invaded by the Russians....and the Iranians...and the Cubans....OH,...and ISIS.
edit on 4-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I was waiting for this. ISIS crisis building to Invasion intensity, namely Syria.

If anything Russia will escalate their missions in Syria and continue to pound the living day lights out of ISIS, which will remove the threat of the west putting boots on the ground.

If however, they chose to, then I think it will clarify the West's position concerning these arse wipes.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
ISIS "affiliate".

Yeah right.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
ISIS "affiliate".

Yeah right.
I don't understand exactly what you mean, would you be kind enough to clarify in more detail?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I guess I am still wondering about this.

Why hasn't Russia come out and said it was ISIS? It does seem logical, as retaliation. Which I would think would make Russia all the more determined to wipe them off the map.

My concern is the US's angle on this. After all, we created ISIS, right? Are they (government) going to try to say "If Russia hadn't got involved, this would not have happened?
Seems like that would just p**# Russia off even more.

Basically I guess I just wonder about our government coming out with this first? I don't know.
edit on 4-11-2015 by chiefsmom because: clarify

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

ISIS "affiliate".

Yeah right.
I don't understand exactly what you mean, would you be kind enough to clarify in more detail?

Affiliate is a pretty broad sweep, dontcha think?

The real message here is one of two things: 1.) Be afraid (and let those terrorists win) or 2.) we need another excuse for perpetual war.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I guess I am still wondering about this.

Why hasn't Russia come out and said it was ISIS? It does seem logical, as retaliation. Which I would think would make Russia all the more determined to wipe them off the map.

My concern is the US's angle on this. After all, we created ISIS, right? Are they (government) going to try to say "If Russia hadn't got involved, this would not have happened?
Seems like that would just p**# Russia off even more.

Basically I guess I just our government coming out with this first?

Good question.
The answer?...probably because Russia would rather continue concentrating on bombing Syrian rebels at this point...before having to really focus on ISIS in other than a cursory manner.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
I think it is fairly easy for them to tell what type explosive and conclude much from that.

Who knows if that is the case?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

ISIS "affiliate".

Yeah right.

Affiliate is a pretty broad sweep, dontcha think?

The real message here is one of two things: 1.) Be afraid (and let those terrorists win) or 2.) we need another excuse for perpetual war.
I see where you are coming from but it could equally be that the UK govt recognises a threat and wants to check out Egyptian security before allowing flights to the UK.

It could easily be propaganda encouraging the populace to adopt a warlike stance though of course.
None of us know though, that's always the challenge.
...it is curious that the UK has acted alone and grounded flights here until the 'aviation security team' agree they should resume though.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

Yeah, and it's not at ALL odd that armies of millions in the middle east can't wipe out an army of tens of thousands. Wake the flock up.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The UK says it MIGHT have been a bomb.

Intelligence sources say there's a FEELING it was a bomb.

Meanwhile the people doing the actual work have reported no trace of explosives found yet, reports of engine problems for the previous week, the recorders show an uncontained engine failure.

But let's go with the people that every other time are immediately lying, instead of the investigators that have first hand access and go with a bomb.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join