It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want a perfect society? Well you can't have it. Atleast, not in this society.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I just wanted to share my personal opinion, but It goes without saying that many others may agree with me on a different variety of levels. That's up to you.

To start this off society is pretty darn ugly. We have these governments that only work towards themselves and not the people. We have these crazy forms of religion that only seek out the destruction and end of others. We have these news sources that only tell us what we want to hear and not the ugly truth. To top it off we can barely talk to one another without our opinions clouding our judgement.

Racism
I'm getting tired of hearing black lives matter. Before you think i'm saying they don't hear me out. All lives matter, and the concept of black lives matter is just another form of racism. It's implying that we should care about black lives more and I'm not racist. However, isn't this whole argument stupid. We've had the fight for anti racism already. I'll say it too, everyone is a little racist but that's just how this society is. We should be done with the whole anti racism thing, and what we should be saying instead is all lives matter. Because that's what it boils down to in the end. All lives matter.

Our Planet
We're slowly killing our planet and only a few care. Infact it's gotten so bad that even those who want to help don't, because no one else is. Sure we're having crazy advancements with these green technologies. However, some of these crazy ideas i'm seeing rarely in action. The oil and gasoline power house has no end. That is until we actually kill our planet or consume too much to the point where we have nothing left. (I've always wondered that if we run out of fossil fuels before we create working green technologies, will we not have enough power to create working green tech?)

The Perfect Society
Everyone though is secretly looking for an ideal society. The kinds we see in movies. A dream society that functions not as one but together. There was this man who described a society (named ubuntu) that functioned without money. I can't help but think that a society like that would be perfect in every way. The ultimate democratic society where everyone is literally equal in every way. It's the people that decide your position not you. You're not working long work days for a paycheck but for the needs of the people. For the needs of the people.

Yeah that society would be great, but then you realise how it can never work (And I'll refer to a society like this as the "perfect society" from here on)

How The Perfect Society Cannot Happen
Society is diseased. Driven by greed. It's incurable. It's become a natural part of humanity.

The perfect society can work with a small amount of people, and that is because there's less to manage. But once you start getting into the hundreds, thousands of people. One person will want something, and that one person will want more. With so many people to keep in control something would slip through the cracks. This is where greed comes in. Like a virus it infects society and ultimately destroys it.

We're literally forced into a life of greed. School prepares us to work, and when we work we make money. With money we can live, and without it we cannot survive. That's why we work, and that's why we work more. Then we get depressed, stressed, and that's why we commit unnecessary actions (theft, murder and even suicide). This is why we're killing our planet, this is why we're stuck on the idea of racism and how lives matter. People just don't have the time and the ability to care about stopping this.

Time is money, and money is greed. Since greed is a virus it will kill us. No doubt.

How The Perfect Society Can Happen
To top off this rant. In order for the perfect society to happen, we'd have to have no traces of greed in our minds. The concept of money could be considered as the deliverance of greed. Because people will want more. Yet if OUR society never thought of money or greed (trying to be better than another) we would have the capability to develop together. If we developed together then we would have a chance at the perfect society.

But it's too late. We've thought of money and greed has become the most deadly virus. Hence, the perfect society can never happen.
edit on 4-11-2015 by Delteis because: Made certain topics more visable and structured

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Delteis

Heh. Perfection in any form is impossible in this universe.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
There will never be a perfect society because everyone has a different idea of what a perfect society is.

If someone told you to create it, it would look different than mine, and mine would look different than Krazy's, and so one a so forth. So even if you created one in which Krazy and I could live and be relatively content, it would not be perfect for us, only for you. Heck one of us might try to change it or alter it, and then it wouldn't be your perfect society anymore either.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
There will never be a perfect society because everyone has a different idea of what a perfect society is.

If someone told you to create it, it would look different than mine, and mine would look different than Krazy's, and so one a so forth. So even if you created one in which Krazy and I could live and be relatively content, it would not be perfect for us, only for you. Heck one of us might try to change it or alter it, and then it wouldn't be your perfect society anymore either.

Exactly!!

We are imperfect beings.

It is not possible for us to create perfection.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Sounds like you are talking about tne Star Trek storyline.

We had to destroy ourselves to get rid of greed and the invention of a replicator.

You never know, give it a couple of millenia it may happen. Just not in ours, or, the gods forgive me, ATS'.

Humans are flawed = flawed society.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Heres another version of your rant

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Because that's what it boils down to in the end. All lives matter.

No they don't. Some lives matter more than others. Not just across racial lines, either. The distraction is race though, for arguments sake.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You pretty much said what I was saying, except with more words.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

No they don't. Some lives matter more than others. Not just across racial lines, either. The distraction is race though, for arguments sake.

Well, the idea of some lives mattering more than others is true. However, I don't necessarily agree with that. Obviously comparing a poor man to the president the president matters ALOT MORE. it's just how it's gone about that bothers me. (mainly the racism)
edit on 4-11-2015 by Delteis because: said something wrong

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That's entirely true, and the idea of a perfect society that I gave was just an example. My true society is one just void of greed. Not one where everyone is literally the same (I was just clarifying how that idea wouldn't work). But a society like America but minus the greed, and more people whom are smart and filled with good intentions.
edit on 4-11-2015 by Delteis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
(ignore this made a mistake)
edit on 4-11-2015 by Delteis because: made a second reply on accident.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Heart of the argument right here.

If race doesn't matter, then why cram it down our throats nonstop?

Race obviously matters to those pulling the strings.

And it obviously matters to most people, or it wouldn't be such an effective tool to use.

How long does this BS go on before we can actually talk about it, without kid gloves?

Are whites better than blacks at a human level?

Of course not.

Are whites or blacks better than asians( many races there mind you, they just " all look the same "to western folks) Inuit American Indians actual Indians etc...?

Hell no!

Are all these races different, yes they are, physically they are.

It is proven by science the races are different.

If a member of any race dies, they can tell which race just by a single bone fragment.

So why keep pushing we are all the same, when it is not true period!

Are whites better?

No

Are we different?

Yes
Just like Asians are different ( once again many races, different from eachother, but all lumped together as asians) or aboriginal people.

They are really dark, like African dark. But share nothing but humanity and color.

Why does the west have this need to deny the obvious?

If humans were a species being studied they would classify US like we do dogs birds cats apes etc...

We are not one race. Just like sure spaniels and Shepard's are dogs, but they are vastly different.

To say all humans are one race makes a T-rex and a raptor the same animal.

Which is dumb, they aren't.

Why can't we acknowledge this simple truth and move forward?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

However, isn't this whole argument stupid. We've had the fight for anti racism already. I'll say it too, everyone is a little racist but that's just how this society is. We should be done with the whole anti racism thing, and what we should be saying instead is all lives matter. Because that's what it boils down to in the end. All lives matter.

I'm sorry what? I think BLM is a hypocritical and terrible movement as well but that doesn't mean we should abandon anti-racism causes... Black people have only been considered equal to humans legally in the mid 1960's. Do you really think in American societies racists were just going to start treating black people with respect as if nothing ever happened? And that black people were just suppose to forget what happened to them and their ancestors?
That's ludicrous!
No racism is not innate in any society, that's fallacious...Racism is a learned behavior that propagates in societies where the dominant cultures deem ignorance as an acceptable social behavior. Usually cultural pressure like this is done through authority figures like parents,elders or other leaders.

We're slowly killing our planet and only a few care. Infact it's gotten so bad that even those who want to help don't, because no one else is. Sure we're having crazy advancements with these green technologies. However, some of these crazy ideas i'm seeing rarely in action. The oil and gasoline power house has no end. That is until we actually kill our planet or consume too much to the point where we have nothing left. (I've always wondered that if we run out of fossil fuels before we create working green technologies, will we not have enough power to create working green tech?)

How do you think we got to this point in technology? If the resources for our current energy needs deplete there will always be creative,innovative individuals who will be able to survive with the changes in the environment and create some impressive tech without the use of fossil fuels and/or radioactive isotopes. I understand and agree with your sentiment overall though.

ETA;

To top off this rant. In order for the perfect society to happen, we'd have to have no traces of greed in our minds. The concept of money could be considered as the deliverance of greed. Because people will want more. Yet if OUR society never thought of money or greed (trying to be better than another) we would have the capability to develop together. If we developed together then we would have a chance at the perfect society.

Greed is not innate nor uniquely in human beings. To get rid of greed you would have to remove emotional gratification from the equation, which would ultimately have people being forced to suppress their emotions..It didn't work in the past,I don't see it working out in the future unless you compensate by increasing the rationale of the average human.
edit on 4-11-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Heh. Perfection in any form is impossible in this universe.

I actually starred you. It hurt a little, but you deserved it this time.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think it is greedy for other people to tell me what to do with my life. I just want you to live your life and let me live mine and don't worry about what I do. Can you do that? Just leave me the heck alone and we will be cool.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Delteis

Well, the idea of some lives mattering more than others is true. However, I don't necessarily agree with that. Obviously comparing a poor man to the president the president matters ALOT MORE. it's just how it's gone about that bothers me. (mainly the racism)

If I use a snooty "I'm more enlightened than everyone else" voice I would sit here and say, "All humans matter equally."

That's great in theory, but in practical application all people don't really matter equally. I think it's a matter of perspective. To me, the lives of my wife and son matter far more than even the President of the United States. Harm coming to them would affect my life infinitely more and would have a much greater impact than something happening to the President, let alone some random person out there. Now, that is not to say I wish harm or would cause harm to anyone else, but at the end of the day, my priorities determine who matters to me (and ultimately how much).

I would also point out that even amongst people I will never know, I would say that people matter differently. A person who is generous, kind, giving, honest and fair "matters" more to society as a whole than a person that is a crook, thief, liar and bully. (The only caveat to that is I understand that people in many ways are a product of their upbringing and some people really never got a fair chance.... but.... and the end of the day we are who we turn out to be).
edit on 4-11-2015 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Drinking

Are you kidding? There are people that sincerely can't wrap their mind around the notion that men and women are different and not exactly the same.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You're right about the greed of course. It's the one emotion that drives the majority of crime, injustice and jealousy in this world along with many, many other negative aspects.

You know, here we are making all kinds of pharmaceuticals to stop all sorts of bad feelings.

Maybe we could make one that stops greed? Find the chemical responsible for that emotion and block it with an inhibitor. Sure, it would be flirting dangerously with the drug "Pax" from the Movie Serenity and we might all just give up on any wants at all, but it's worth a shot!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

originally posted by: Delteis

If I use a snooty "I'm more enlightened than everyone else" voice I would sit here and say, "All humans matter equally."

That's great in theory, but in practical application all people don't really matter equally. I think it's a matter of perspective. To me, the lives of my wife and son matter far more than even the President of the United States. Harm coming to them would affect my life infinitely more and would have a much greater impact than something happening to the President, let alone some random person out there. Now, that is not to say I wish harm or would cause harm to anyone else, but at the end of the day, my priorities determine who matters to me (and ultimately how much).

I would also point out that even amongst people I will never know, I would say that people matter differently. A person who is generous, kind, giving, honest and fair "matters" more to society as a whole than a person that is a crook, thief, liar and bully. (The only caveat to that is I understand that people in many ways are a product of their upbringing and some people really never got a fair chance.... but.... and the end of the day we are who we turn out to be).

I entirely agree with you. I had to reply just to literally say I agree with you.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Awe shucks. Thanks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join