It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Britain demands ALL flights from Sharm to Britain must be delayed for extra security

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Britain is demanding all flights from Sharm to Britain must be delayed in order for extra security checks to tale place after it was revealed a Russian jet may have been shot down.

Downing Street said this afternoon that the Russian plane that crashed in Egypt this week after taking off from the resort of Sharm al-Sheikh might have been brought down by an explosive device.

A Thomson flight to Manchester was scheduled to take off at 6.35pm local time and an easyJet flight was due to leave for Luton at 6.45pm, with another to London Gatwick at 7.05pm.

As a precautionary measure the government has decided that flights due to leave Sharm for Britain this evening will be delayed to allow time for a team of UK aviation experts, currently travelling to Sharm, to make an assessment of the security arrangements in place at the airport.

BREAKING NEWS: Britain demands ALL flights from Sharm to Britain must be delayed for extra security checks

This is quite a bold move considering the investigation is still ongoing. I am of the opinion that the government has pretty conclusive evidence before a step like this is introduced.

On top of this David Cameron contacted Egyptian President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi last night regarding security measures at the airport.

The government are keen to stress that they do not know categorically why the plane had crashed however it seems the steps they have taken would suggest otherwise.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I've just said the same in the post below. Downing Street are privy to intelligence and information that we obviously aren't and I feel for them to speculate so openly that this may have been an explosive device speaks volumes!more a reply to: angryhulk

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
I've just said the same in the post below. Downing Street are privy to intelligence and information that we obviously aren't and I feel for them to speculate so openly that this may have been an explosive device speaks volumes!more a reply to: angryhulk

Seems we were both quick off the mark!

Absolutely. On the one hand it's fantastic they are implementing safety measures, on the other hand why can't they explicitly say what caused the tragedy?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Sources and methods.

If they were to reveal they knew exactly what happened, people would want to know how they know. In order to protect their sources and methods, they need to wait before they reveal anything.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well, safety first, but no doubt they will be criticised being cautious. I share the view that the Brits must have an inkling to take this action.

Still current at:4 November 2015
Updated: 4 November 2015
Latest update: Summary - as a precautionary measure, flights that were due to leave Sharm el Sheikh destined for the UK on the evening of Wednesday 4 November will be delayed so that additional security checks can be made; UK consular staff have been deployed to Sharm el Sheikh to help British nationals; if you're a British national affected by this, you should contact your airline or tour operator

Foreign and Commonwealth Office advice

I am surprised the Russian media have not invented a variety of "official" reasons why this tragedy occurred considering they did so from the first minute when there was a tragedy above Crimea a year ago. I suppose it's more difficult when the tragedy effects your own citizens. And this is a tragedy whether it was a bomb or a plane failure.

There was another Russian plane crash in the last day or so. This happened in South Sudan. Apparently the plane was overloaded. 40 or so have died.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I think the British Government will be being extra vigilent because of the Tunisia massacre. If they know something and they allowed British citizien to fly there would be uproar if something happened.

Secondly, even if the British Government do know because of intelligence etc I suppose it isn't up to them to share the news on the world stage, that is up to Russia, who may want concrete evidence (I saw today it will take 4 weeks for the black box information to be decoded).

I do think it has something to do with the news last night that said unusual noises were heard in the cockpit before it crashed. Those noises could have been voices as well. I have just said on my post I wonder whether the pilot has been involved. It said last night clicking noises were heard. It could be the click of a weapon and maybe a suicide bomber (i.e. the pilot). I know this seems a bit far out and I don't know how it would be possible for the pilot to go through security checks at airport as I thought they had to go through same checks as passengers, but this is a conspiracy site so we are allowed to have far out ideas!a reply to: angryhulk

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk

.......... on the other hand why can't they explicitly say what caused the tragedy?

Maybe others will, but Obama can't bring himself to say terrorism, as he has demonstrated in the past for fear he might offend Muslims.

"Why is Obama Unable to Call Terrorist Attacks Islamic Terrorism"?
www.theblaze.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
this is a very good decision , ive been to Egypt and i know the nation very well , you can bribe any one over their hell even the president him self , just give a security guy in the airport a 100 dollar bill and he will do anything for you.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
And so it begins. Life interrupted.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
so maybe the pilot was involved in this instance, surely it is feasible he could have paid someone off in customs to let him through unchecked?a reply to: Dr UAE

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It's a sensible thing to do imo.

It's looking increasingly likely that there was a bomb on board the Russian plane that came down last week. If that is the case, then security at Sharm is either very lax or the security team are part of the conspiracy.
edit on 4/11/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
this is a very good decision , ive been to Egypt and i know the nation very well , you can bribe any one over their hell even the president him self , just give a security guy in the airport a 100 dollar bill and he will do anything for you.

I'm not shocked at all by this. I've seen terribly lax security at numerous airports. One airport in particular we were hurried through security (11 of us) without screening for fear of missing the plane.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
It's a sensible thing to do imo.

It's looking increasingly likely that there was a bomb on board the Russian plane that came down last week. If that is the case, then security at Sharm is either very lax or the security team is part of the conspiracy.

Do you think other nations might follow in our footsteps and apply their own additional safety measures?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

If intelligence confirms a bomb, then it would be foolhardy not to.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well...here ya go! Apparently it is likely it was a stowed away bomb and ISIS is even saying that is correct and they won't expose how they did it.

NewsMax Article

Fair warning to all those who believe or follow the lie of our governments. Muslims as a group are a threat to our way of life. The refugees are littered with planted terrorists and even our government admits they won't tell us the results of background checks. Well why the hell not? Unless they are hiding something. You know...Obama's brothers from the Muslim Brotherhood maybe?
edit on 11/4/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
As they should be cautious as all other flying in the area. Can never be too careful until the investigation is complete. Maybe even after if a cover up ensues.
edit on 4-11-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Well...here ya go! Apparently it is likely it was a stowed away bomb and ISIS is even saying that is correct and they won't expose how they did it.

NewsMax Article

Fair warning to all those who believe or follow the lie of our governments. Muslims as a group are a threat to our way of life. The refugees are littered with planted terrorists and even our government admits they won't tell us the results of background checks. Well why the hell not? Unless they are hiding something. You know...Obama's brothers from the Muslim Brotherhood maybe?

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the plane was going through some repairs/maintenence for quite a lengthy period prior to take off. Sure I'm only speculating at this point but maybe one of the service crew had something to do with it.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

According to what I have read in recent days irael has a hand in airport security and plane servicing all over the world.

Link

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
It said in one of the papers that they were checking the truck that delivered the fuel and are testing the fuel for any contamination, they are also checking the food tray and speaking to the maintenance team. So maybe they could have put something in the fuel to cause an explosion, or maybe the pilots were involved. I know I keep saying that but something keeps nagging me to do with the pilots, call it intuition. reply to: WeAreAWAKE

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

It said in one of the papers that they were checking the truck that delivered the fuel and are testing the fuel for any contamination, they are also checking the food tray and speaking to the maintenance team. So maybe they could have put something in the fuel to cause an explosion, or maybe the pilots were involved. I know I keep saying that but something keeps nagging me to do with the pilots, call it intuition. reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Wow, didn't know that! Also hearing news that we are sending a mode of transport for 20,000+ Brit's that are over there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join