It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God bless america (Richard Dawkins)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Ddrneville

535 people who aren't as stupid or as arrogant as Tyson and Dawkins.
Claiming to know something they couldn't possibly know?
Not unreasonable at all.

That is exactly what religious people are doing. They claim to know something they couldn't possibly know.

Yes, so why bother listening to EITHER GROUP, it is clear that they do not speak clear truths,

The question should be, WHO IS CONTROLLING THEM BOTH.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

originally posted by: chr0naut

Honestly, if these guys know so incredibly much, why don't they actually do something?

They are both scientists and authors, what's been you contribution to expanding human knowledge?

Who cares about expanding knowledge when its always mixed with at least 50 % B.S.

A real contribution would be ignoring them much like an atheist ignores church.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ddrneville
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I have to disagree with you on this one, these are actually people who dedicated their lives to sience and studied the facts.
Most religious people haven't studied actual facts, but live by what they are taught from birth and follow their religion blind with no questions asked.

You like everyone else, make it sound like everything of these facts is "true", and that they are looked upon in the "correct" manner.

The corruption and stink upon it ALL sticks out worse by the day,

Keep believing in all your "facts" I will call this religion, a new one that has truly confused the smarter ones among us.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: randyvs

535 people who aren't as stupid or as arrogant as Tyson and Dawkins.
Claiming to know something they couldn't possibly know?
Not unreasonable at all.

That is exactly what religious people are doing. They claim to know something they couldn't possibly know.

God reveals Himself to those who follow Him. They know in their hearts and souls, that is the power behind religious practice. The Holy Spirit indwells the true believer, revealing deeper truths, guiding conscience and providing spiritual gifts.

Science doesn't care what you believe. That is one of the most reassuring qualities it possesses, the inability to be swayed by virtue of mass hysteria.

Science is not an "entity" that is beyond swaying.

But I know all too many of people actually believe this tripe.

I will say it again, your kind will end up more crazy and dangerous than the entirety of all the other religions in human history combined.

WHY ? Because you have 100% FAITH and BELIEF in things you cannot possibly Know or Prove....and you say God does not exist, and yet SCIENCE has godlike powers and never lies, is never wrong, and always marches to the TRUTH.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SovietUnionist
a reply to: randyvs

Atheism is not claiming that there is no god but simply saying that we don't have enough evidence to believe in a god or believe there is no god. The only claim made by atheism is that god is not supported by evidence and therefore should not be believed in, just like unicorns or dragons. I don't believe there are no dragons but I don't believe in dragons. That is how atheists feel about god. Also lack of knowledge does not equal evidence so don't pull that #.

So Atheists by definition should be Anti-Science as well, because untold amounts of things are said without proof, or very small amounts of proof (inside of the laughable! Scientific Theory!) cover.

But somehow they all are fascinated by science and believe wholeheartedly that one day, it will prove everything, including the God thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join