It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we shut down our own thread if it degenerates into mayhem and violence?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Seems to me that once people participate in the thread, its their work that would be removed as well. That doesn't seem fair to participants in a thread.

Just my simple opinion, though.

That's a nice idea, but falls short of things I've read from the owners before. When they have equated the forums to their own house, and anyone entering into it, who does not abide by their rules, should expect to be removed - in this case content removed.

A thread could be considered a room in their house. If someone comes into my room, and starts to make a mess, I would either close the door, or remove them... but not so. I am expected to leave the windows open, or call the cleaners who will at their own discretion, remove the mess or my room entirely...

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: misskat1
This is a free speech site, but there are T&C to follow.

*snort* no it's not.

It's a speech within context of set guides, forum.

Prove me wrong, post something you could say publicly that would get you ridiculed and scorned by all of society, but not arrested.

(post by soulpowertothendegree removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

Snort. Yes it is.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Flagged this for agreeing half way with this. Though, yeah, agree that it would shut down member participation. However, sometimes the way threads go, descending so far off topic(and often riddled with attacks that shouldn't have to affect other participants), that's another matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join