It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was just about to start a deep philosophical thread and I realized...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I don't think I ever get close enough to those types to get involved personally.

Easy enough, unless you work with them, are family or ,in the case of my mother, caring for her in her last pages of life.

I found myself thinking- a person can also be TOO sensitive as well as not enough, you know?

What you might be calling too sensitive I call more awareness. I don't mean intolerance of conditions in the environment, I mean attuned to what others are experiencing, without suffering their predicament internally yourself. More like reading their body english and understanding their mind set through observation and a dash of ESP.

This comes from lots of experience from living on the bottom rung, seeing what others in the same condition go through. It also comes from the experiences associated with spiritual contact and even a UFO experience.

See, once you witness theses things its not about belief anymore , you know . No one can take that from you, and even though it may seem arrogant to assert things that others can't or won't understand because they haven't experienced it themselves, that isn''t grounds for remaining quiet about it or suppressing it to spare their sensitivity, overreaction or outright denial. Theres a certain pressure to return to Plato's cave and try to free others from their staunch beliefs or set behavior patterns.

Thats partly why I settled in this pond because at least here there are more that are open to "alternative" subjects that they don't get everyday in the main stream and actually want to know more about it.

I'm sorry I'm off topic, so heres my conclusion about solipsism. I just get a big chuckle from people that think or insist that nothing can be known outside their own awareness, because I am firmly grounded in the real world, even of the one that can't be known with our senses directly because it has demonstrated itself to me on occasion and that kind of removes all doubt, despite my even wanting to remain in the dark or insensitive as some may put it.

Real is real. delusion, fantasy and denial aren't.

So I don't go to church, disneyland or the zoo and circuses. I don't celebrate Christmas, Easter, or birthdays. I wasn't in the military, I don't have a "higher education" I don't hold a worka day job, pay tax or vote. I don't follow sports, watch drama on TV or care about celebrity. I don't own a car, a home, I don't have any money, insurance, or savings. None of these are "real", they are the fantasy constructed for everyones minds.

I have always been disillusioned with the worlds organized, industrial, civilized, construct. I don't fit in, I don't measure up and I don't appear to be capable of anything. I especially don't care what people think of me, in fact I dress down some and appear disheveled on purpose. I want to know who judges by appearance when I meet them, because I want to avoid that kind of person.

And yes, having been raised by narcissists blemishes my character, there are traits I would sooner be rid of and I try to keep from slipping into that mode. But I know they aren't me, they are part of the dysfunction I received from my parents. I rebelled against that paradigm, whereas my brother embellished it.

Finally, you have to live with people like this to really understand their lack of empathy for others and their firm ambition and drive to be successful, well off, regardless of others and how they hurt or use them. Because they hide it so well, pretending to be nice and they are such good romans. But inside they are dead. Whitewashed tombs.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

And blah I could be totally wrong about that and that would make me sad (also it's a gross generalization), but in many situations people will come to bizarrely similar conclusions regardless of their way of looking at reality or justifying their behaviour. Despite this people get very upset about semantics for some reason :/

That really does make me sad, because some of my friends can't stand each despite having most things in common

People do get upset - semantics...this is something that always interests me. The way we say things colors what we're saying even if we're saying almost the same thing. I was about 14 years old when we learned about semantics in school. There are very few things that interest me as much today. So many different ways the humans have to talk to each other...always talking. So many ways to describe what we're feeling - how we see - what we want, what we love, what we fear... I love it

You're not wrong - even here at ATS where we're mostly anonymous I see us come together fairly often. But sometimes only after a concession of some kind

But, like you - I have a lot of different kinds of friends. They're so different from each other. I've always wondered what would happen if I invited them all to the same party

:-)
edit on 11/6/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join