It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy of the necessity of government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
In a recent thread I made the comment that it would benefit all of us if government actually shut down. I'd like to expand on that.

We all have heard the threats that would happen every time there is a budget issue in Washington. Government might shut down! Services will be disrupted! People will starve! People will die!

I think this is all a lie. It is a conspiracy propagated by government to insure that the dependence on government remains. If government actually shut down for a few months, people would have to resort to actually helping other people. No longer would the responsibility of taking care of those less fortunate be on the shoulders of government.

We would return to taking care of each other.

Those on the left always talking of compassion could actually put those words to action. Those on the right who claim an independence of government could be put to the test.

And I think it would work. I think we would all survive quite well without government. I think we would return to taking care of each other.

And government can't have that. It would show that the importance and necessity of government is a lie. So government, sadly, will never shut down, despite all the talk and rhetoric, because they would end up showing themselves to be unneeded.

My first thread. Thanks for reading.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We all have heard the threats that would happen every time there is a budget issue in Washington. Government might shut down! Services will be disrupted! People will starve! People will die!

They threaten everyone with that because they don't want to shut anything down, they really want to make government even bigger.

Kind of like when the bank bailout happened in 2008. The bankers threatened to crash the economy unless the government gave them a trillion dollars. Right now or else. Legal extortion.

They should have let the banks that went broke fail, they should let elements of the government die, too.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Agreed and you can expand on this by asking yourself: What has a politician done that has actually benefited me, my family or any of my friends? You see, the garbage man is quite important - he benefits me, same with the folks that tend to public grounds and fixing roads, footpaths and other infrastructure - government workers are beneficial in many ways - those examples being just a few.

BUT - Politicians do nothing beneficial. They lie, start wars, blame others for everything and basically think up ways to tax more and reduce individual freedom.

They are useless eaters and politics should be banned and politicians outlawed.

They are the scum of the universe and are totally unnecessary. Imagine the money saved in redirecting all those fat salaries and other perks.

Public services and utilities are needed......politicians, politics and big government are not - especially with the advent of computers - we could build a program to direct all taxation to go into education, infrastructure maintenance, health, no wars (imagine the cash cow from a massively reduced defense budget that focuses on domestic defense only?) and a myriad of other things - all without politicians even existing - they are the quintessential oxygen thieving wastes of space.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I think the people performing those services would still do them because those services are essential. People do care. People will help other people. Governments only care about government.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You're right. The banks and Wall street and government are the only ones that benefitted from the recession. They could care less about the actual people who use their services.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Probably true, because there's a fair number of people who do "those jobs" because they enjoy the work and not the paycheck.

The question then becomes who gives them the authority and ability to do their job without a government? We, the people? Sounds like government to me...

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You're right. The banks and Wall street and government are the only ones that benefitted from the recession. They could care less about the actual people who use their services.

Well they do care sort of… about the peoples money. Their taxes have to pay back the money "given" to the banks.

Geez, everyone could use an interest free government "grant". Better yet, how about issuing private printing presses?

That way whenever ordinary people need money they could just print some currency to spend.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

We the people, ARE the true government. We've been co-opted by politicians for decades.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

The banks care about us the same way we care about cattle. Only because we like steaks.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Local communities can function just fine without the Fed's. In fact, lives would be saved if the Federal Government was completely eliminated. No local community is going to send their kids around the world to shoot at people in some desert in the Middle East. Only a corrupt and bloated Federal entity does stupid crap like that.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

The question then becomes who gives them the authority and ability to do their job without a government? We, the people? Sounds like government to me…

We the people would help each other just fine. Instead of some remote bureaucracy, people will vie with each other to provide the same services locally, doing a far better job and for much cheaper.

People are innovative enough, all they need to start a small business is a green light. Instead of endless regulations forms, permits, licensing and fees, let alone the burdensome taxes.

All these regulations serve to do is push out the small competition in favor of ever larger monopolies who have wrested control from the people and bribed the government with campaign "contributions".

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

More like tons of people will die while everyone fends for themselves. They may help out their immediate family and their friends, but without the government the law of the land becomes might makes right.

edit on 4-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Communism is great.

On paper.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I disagree. People don't act like feral animals because government tells them not to. people don't act like feral animals because it is wrong.

I think most people are good and don't need the government to tell them to behave and stay good.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Decades? Try forever dude. "We the people" will have somebody who makes governing their life. There will always be political animals, because there always has been. No amount of wishing is going to change that.

That is my sole point. Politicians suck royally. The government loves to over-reach. But take out the government, and others will simply step in.

Nature abhors a vacuum.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

How is Somalia working out right now? How is Iraq working out right now? How is Syria working out right now? How did the French Revolution work out? How did the Bolshevik Revolution work out? The fact is, we know EXACTLY what will happen in a power vacuum. To feign ignorance is dishonest. Bad people (and it will only take a few) will seize control and make everyone else miserable. Heck, this isn't even ABOUT history repeating itself, we have examples in the present day that show us what will happen lieu government.
edit on 4-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

More like tons of people will die while everyone fends for themselves. They may help out their immediate family and their friends, but without the government the law of the land becomes might makes right.

Couldn't agree more. I have no idea where this idealism is coming from that without a government people would band together and things would be great. Yes, it would be, for you and your 20 closest friends who have the biggest and best guns on the block. And it'll stay great, right till the next group shows up with more guns.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

And in the meantime, those who aren't good will have a field day.

Sure, they'll get got eventually.

Eventually.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Then, if we are talking about a 1st world country with established infrastructure that NEEDS to be maintained by the government that tons of people rely on suddenly stopping, things will get messy. Look at the inner cities NOW, WITH government, will that magically improve without government? Cities would devolve into warzones.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I stand corrected. I have no affection to politicians, and the cycle may repeat itself. People are people after all. But maybe one day we'll learn.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join