It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

door opened on its own before my very eyes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Hello ATS, i would like to tell you a story of what i witnessed when i was 17 and living in a hostel.

Firstly ill explain what i could get about the history of the building from the current owners at the time. The building was made in the 1920s and from when it was made until the 1980s it was a bail hostel for released prisoners. The room i was staying in was in the basement which were holding cells incase convicts got out of hand and had to be detained etc. From the 1980s to the 2000s it was just a basic hostel for all people that were homeless.

Anyway i was homeless at 17 and found myself living here for a year while social services were finding me more permanent accommodation, the building had a basement and 1 floor and totalled 11 bedrooms and each bedroom had 3-4 beds. We had people of all ages living here, and the staff told me many people had died living their and convicts most likely had committed suicide etc. I never discovered any of the history of the building until after my experience as i wasnt interested in asking or it crossing my mind. Anyway ill get to the story.

It was about 5 months in to me living their and people had said to me about the place being haunted and hearing strange noises, doors knocking and scratching etc but i paid no attention, i mean come on, i was a 17 year old kid smoking weed most days, what did i care what these people were telling me. Anyway i was in my room alone and reading a book about meditation as i was into practicing that back then. The hostel was almost empty as most residents go out during the morning to midday and only the one cleaner is usually their and a member of staff. So im engrossed in this book when all of a sudden i hear a noise to my right so my eyes look and see the door handle going down slowly. Im thinking i wonder who this is, it might be the cleaner come to clean the room.

So watch the door open while the handle is still down, the door has to open inwards and im almost opposite the door but a little to the right. The door continues to open slowly about a foot, im waiting to see who ever the hell it is pop their head in the room to say hi or something. But nope the door continues to open and its got my full attention now bcuz of the slow speed its opening it was starting to freak me out!! Anyway the door opened fully and NO ONE was on the other side of it, the door handle was still held down and ive got goosebumbs and shivers down my spine from shear terror!! I continue watching froze to the spot as in the same way it opened the door continued to close slowly until it closed fully then the handle went back up slowly.

Im sat there cold, shaking and terrified at what i just witnessed and thinking whatever just opened that door is in the room now as i could feel something watching me and i new i had to run through it to get out the room. The adrenaline is in full swing and i fly to that door, rip it open and run up the stairs to the office and told the member of staff what just happened. They believed me and said many residents have seen and heard lots of things their and thats when we went into the discussion of the buildings past etc.

Ive tried looking for any reasonable explanation but have found none. I thought the wind could of blown the door open as someone said that to me but i told them i had the windows shut as it was cold and even if i wanted to beleive it was the wind it doesnt explain how the handle was being manipulated.

What do you guys think and what would of you done in my situation??

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I sleep with a dog, a knife, and shotgun. In that order of defense. The Boogey Man wants no part of my game.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Haha nice

But how do you fight something you cant see?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

All that won't work with ghosts and monsters. Add holly water, garlic, crucifix, silver bullets and bible.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The same thing has happened to my sister. Her and her flatmates were in the basement of their house when the door handle was pulled all the way down and then the door opened.

Thanks for sharing.
edit on 4-11-2015 by mwsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Just a suggestion that might put your mind at ease about this occurrence.

A person on the other side of the door would only need to move the latch/handle enough to make it open.

At that point, they could easily slip over to the wall and move the door the rest of the way with a finger.

Then using one finger again, they could close the door easily from the bottom of it. You would never have seen them and at that point were too freaked out to look. Try to duplicate the effect. It's really quite easy.

People love to play tricks on each other. Also, they could have wanted to watch you from the hinge side of the door as they were doing that.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

I could see the other side of the completely, there really was no one there and it still doesn't explain how the handle was being held down. Ive thought of many canaries but the one thing that blows them all out of the water is the fact the handle needs to be held by force to remain down. I checked the handle out afterwards and it is impossible for the handle to stay down without force trust me.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidCovKid

Well you don't sound crazy, and you are not making logical thought errors so you probably saw the door open and close just as you say you did. Just what that means who knows but I'm sure,
a draft doesn't seem to be the culprit with the handle going down and being help on its own. Also you said you were groomed in a way by others telling you they were spooked and you were in a meditative state or reading about it therefor making you more susceptible to frights. Look I don't think you are crazy you probably saw what you saw who knows man?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidCovKid

I have this happen to me every once and a while. Doors will open before I touch the handles to go into apartments.

You know what I have always viewed it as?
Being welcomed into an apartment that is to be cleaned.
Spirits like clean apartments...lol

Don't be so scared of things like this, because they cannot hurt you, only mess with you and that will make you scared of whatever it is because it is simply unknown to you. It is a natural reaction. Things like that used to scare me, but now I just kind of have a sense of not being alone and actually get a little thrill out of spirit visits of any kind.

Enjoy it, don't be afraid of it.
You got to see something other worldly,
many people never get that chance.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I wish i could of put it down to being half a sleep or in a meditative state but i wasnt meditating, just reading a book about it so had my full faculties about me. I realy did witness this and at the time it did terrify me as up until that point i had only read of such occurrences.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Im not afraid of these things happening around me anymore, its been 11 years since that event and have witnessed more things than that and they happen quite frequently around me. But at the time of this event i was terrified as had only read about these things in books and never really beleived in it fully til i witnessed it, lol

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidCovKid

Haha nice

But how do you fight something you cant see?

That's what dogs are for....

Dogs help keep positive energy and bad entities are repelled by positive energy.

Dogs defend from both physical and other-worldly threats.

Adopt a dog and take good care of them and they will solve A LOT of your problems!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidCovKid
Hello ATS, i would like to tell you a story of what i witnessed when i was 17 and living in a hostel.

Firstly ill explain what i could get about the history of the building from the current owners at the time. The building was made in the 1920s and from when it was made until the 1980s it was a bail hostel for released prisoners. The room i was staying in was in the basement which were holding cells incase convicts got out of hand and had to be detained etc. From the 1980s to the 2000s it was just a basic hostel for all people that were homeless.

Anyway i was homeless at 17 and found myself living here for a year while social services were finding me more permanent accommodation, the building had a basement and 1 floor and totalled 11 bedrooms and each bedroom had 3-4 beds. We had people of all ages living here, and the staff told me many people had died living their and convicts most likely had committed suicide etc. I never discovered any of the history of the building until after my experience as i wasnt interested in asking or it crossing my mind. Anyway ill get to the story.

It was about 5 months in to me living their and people had said to me about the place being haunted and hearing strange noises, doors knocking and scratching etc but i paid no attention, i mean come on, i was a 17 year old kid smoking weed most days, what did i care what these people were telling me. Anyway i was in my room alone and reading a book about meditation as i was into practicing that back then. The hostel was almost empty as most residents go out during the morning to midday and only the one cleaner is usually their and a member of staff. So im engrossed in this book when all of a sudden i hear a noise to my right so my eyes look and see the door handle going down slowly. Im thinking i wonder who this is, it might be the cleaner come to clean the room.

So watch the door open while the handle is still down, the door has to open inwards and im almost opposite the door but a little to the right. The door continues to open slowly about a foot, im waiting to see who ever the hell it is pop their head in the room to say hi or something. But nope the door continues to open and its got my full attention now bcuz of the slow speed its opening it was starting to freak me out!! Anyway the door opened fully and NO ONE was on the other side of it, the door handle was still held down and ive got goosebumbs and shivers down my spine from shear terror!! I continue watching froze to the spot as in the same way it opened the door continued to close slowly until it closed fully then the handle went back up slowly.

Im sat there cold, shaking and terrified at what i just witnessed and thinking whatever just opened that door is in the room now as i could feel something watching me and i new i had to run through it to get out the room. The adrenaline is in full swing and i fly to that door, rip it open and run up the stairs to the office and told the member of staff what just happened. They believed me and said many residents have seen and heard lots of things their and thats when we went into the discussion of the buildings past etc.

Ive tried looking for any reasonable explanation but have found none. I thought the wind could of blown the door open as someone said that to me but i told them i had the windows shut as it was cold and even if i wanted to beleive it was the wind it doesnt explain how the handle was being manipulated.

What do you guys think and what would of you done in my situation??

I say you lost your paranormal cherry. Did the air in the room feel tense or thick during the whole event? Often times, ghost encounters come with feeling of atmosphere changes. When I have encounters, they always a feeling of the air around me feeling tense or think or a feeling of dread. This usually happens BEFORE the encounter. Many folks in the paranormal encounter community believe it's the spirits trying to draw energy to manifest. Hence why you get cold spots in haunted places.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

I think you have dogs confused with cats. Cats are known to be paranormal protectors. Hence why many occult pratices and religions worship the cat.

top topics

join