It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plant Lamps - Plants that give light to the People in the Amazon Rainforest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Yes, it's exactly what the title says but not what you expected when you clicked this thread . It's about giving free energy to the people. Don't you love it?

According to the latest National Household Survey conducted by the National Institute of Statistics and Information (INEI), 42% of rural areas in the Peruvian jungle don't have electricity, compared to rural areas of the coast and mountains, that have the service in 78.5% and 72.4%, respectively.

....well, that's about to change.

Click the source for more details and photos (you'll need to translate it). For me is bedtime but I wouldn't sleep without sharing with you this one.

www.utec.edu.pe... ilumina-la-selva-devele

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Its a lovely idea, but it would be far more efficient to give them a little solar cell to charge the battery.

I'd like to see some figures concerning the output of the grids, maybe its in the text but I cant read it, hopefully someone will translate for us.

ETA: Fed the website to google translate, it gives no details about output, or even how long it takes to charge a battery.
edit on 3-11-2015 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Damn i thought there were going to be some sweet glowing plants like the ones in the movie avatar.

still good what they're doing for these people though, just not as amazing as it could be.

edit on 3 11 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Really cool technology, for sure, but I have a problem with the part of the video that says: "Nature is part of the problem."

Maybe the fact that human beings are getting more and more reliant upon artificial light instead of remaining tuned into nature's light cycle that is the problem.

Still, cool technology, thought.

new topics

top topics

join