It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hollywood fails to push men into bisexuality

page: 2
0
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
The movie would fail, because the viewers will hate to watch the greeks for being little rapists. But hollywood always makes their distorted movies into hero's.


Again, how does portraying historical fact equal a distorted movie? Haven't seen the movie, and probably won't since i've heard it's not good. But the part you seem to have the most problem with is one of that is historicaly accurate.




posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by Thinker
then ask your selve why make a movie about homosexuals?.


Because he was a homosexual? Bi actually. I could see the problem if he WASN'T bi and they tried to portray him as such but he was so whats the problem? I think it lends a bit of accuracy to the film, although I admit I wouldn't want to watch two guys make out but I wouldn't need therapy for it either, nor would it make me want to have sex with a man.


Exactly Amuk...you know me and you and I have had great conversations...BTW sorry for going overboard....you can edit if you want. Just....people are soo neiave (sp?) about sexuality it scares me. Do you know how many men are out there spreading AIDS because they are "straight" ...you straight people don't even know...seriously...the
"down low" guys are a very SERIOUS problem...not only to the gay community but the straight one as well.


Well the average gay man has like 100 parnters and the common secularist male has about 10, the christian male 5.

let make the caculation lets get 1 gay men.

100 men per that gay man..then that 100 each has sex with another 100 then 100.

100x100x100 = 1000000 gay men has contracted aids. just from one man.

Secularist 15 parnters

15x15x15 = 3757 aids victims.

Man that is virgin at marriage and never cheats gets aids from the needle and his wife never cheats.
victims = 1;

Look at africa. Their societys are so immoral, that adultery happens to much their that their population spreads aids so fast.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Thinker]

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Thinker]



posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

Originally posted by Thinker
The movie would fail, because the viewers will hate to watch the greeks for being little rapists. But hollywood always makes their distorted movies into hero's.


Again, how does portraying historical fact equal a distorted movie? Haven't seen the movie, and probably won't since i've heard it's not good. But the part you seem to have the most problem with is one of that is historicaly accurate.


IT also historical fact that armys where rapists, but i suspect alexander the great movie didn't show them raping. But like moral hero's.



posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
[IT also historical fact that armys where rapists,


I just said the Troy showed a woman getting raped, but you seem to have no problem with that, or is it OK since it was a woman?

Brad did "save" her but it showed that rape WAS common.



posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker

Well the average gay man has like 100 parnters and the common secularist male has about 10, the christian male 5.

let make the caculation lets get 1 gay men.

100 men per that gay man..then that 100 each has sex with another 100 then 100.

100x100x100 = 1000000 gay men has contracted aids. just from one man.

Secularist 15 parnters

15x15x15 = 3757 aids victims.

Man that is virgin at marriage and never cheats gets aids from the needle and his wife never cheats.
victims = 1;

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Thinker]




You're leaving out ALOT of variables there.
And your calculations are flawed. You're started off with AIDS in the beginning, all subsequent partners being exposed, and also assuming all gay sex is unprotected.



posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Oh, I don't know. Hollywood usually doesn't have a second thought about showing rapes. It's a big headline maker for them. Still, if you haven't seen the movie, and I haven't seen the movie, how can any discussion we have be relevant?

I guess i'll shut up now....



posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
forgive me if I sound unduly stupid........but why would hollywood be "brainwashing people into homosexuals or bisexuals"?? there doesn't seem to be any point to it.


as for alexander, he was bi from everything I've heard/read.

And I agree with that other poster (no name in my memory, sorry!
) lets keep this civil. I don't get pissed off very easy, but when people start making racial/religious/sexual slurs, I get very mad.



posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
Still, if you haven't seen the movie, and I haven't seen the movie, how can any discussion we have be relevant?

I guess i'll shut up now....


Yep, that's very true.


*walks out*



posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

Originally posted by Thinker

Well the average gay man has like 100 parnters and the common secularist male has about 10, the christian male 5.

let make the caculation lets get 1 gay men.

100 men per that gay man..then that 100 each has sex with another 100 then 100.

100x100x100 = 1000000 gay men has contracted aids. just from one man.

Secularist 15 parnters

15x15x15 = 3757 aids victims.

Man that is virgin at marriage and never cheats gets aids from the needle and his wife never cheats.
victims = 1;

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Thinker]




You're leaving out ALOT of variables there.
And your calculations are flawed. You're started off with AIDS in the beginning, all subsequent partners being exposed, and also assuming all gay sex is unprotected.



Well doesn't matter now about protected sex, they created the first big cluster. In which only homosexual could create at the time since their large number of soddom parnters.

1.) its went from homosexuals and spread in their population.
2.) Then was transmitted by bisexual males from the homosexuals.
3.) Then was transmitted bisexual males to the straight females.
4.) From the straight females, it was transmitted to the straight males.

In order words straight males where last on the hit list,



posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bean
forgive me if I sound unduly stupid........but why would hollywood be "brainwashing people into homosexuals or bisexuals"?? there doesn't seem to be any point to it.


as for alexander, he was bi from everything I've heard/read.

And I agree with that other poster (no name in my memory, sorry!
) lets keep this civil. I don't get pissed off very easy, but when people start making racial/religious/sexual slurs, I get very mad.




To test brain washiing techiques on the population.



posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
While I think it's ridiculous to complain about the story line in Alexander, I think there is something to this topic. I have read too that Alexander the Great was bi sexul. In fact, I have heard that it was not that uncommon at the time, so the fact that it was portrayed in the movie, in my opinion, just makes the film more historically accurate (now enjoyable to sit through is a completely different story). The problem is though, that in todays society, especially the US, bi sexuality is considered by the majority to be taboo. The key word here is the "majority" which is why this agenda to bring bi sexuality and homosexuality to the fore front is so alarming to me. It's not a matter of sexual preference that bothers me, it's the fact that the minority, and not the majority, in this country are getting heard and getting things done.



posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
Well doesn't matter now about protected sex, they created the first big cluster. In which only homosexual could create at the time since their large number of soddom parnters.

1.) its went from homosexuals and spread in their population.
2.) Then was transmitted by bisexual males from the homosexuals.
3.) Then was transmitted bisexual males to the straight females.
4.) From the straight females, it was transmitted to the straight males.

In order words straight males where last on the hit list,



I know I said I was leaving, but I can't resist.
It's not as simple as you've laid it out to be.
Again you're forgetting things.
How about spread of HIV through drug use? Blood transfusions?



posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by skychief
While I think it's ridiculous to complain about the story line in Alexander, I think there is something to this topic. I have read too that Alexander the Great was bi sexul. In fact, I have heard that it was not that uncommon at the time, so the fact that it was portrayed in the movie, in my opinion, just makes the film more historically accurate (now enjoyable to sit through is a completely different story). The problem is though, that in todays society, especially the US, bi sexuality is considered by the majority to be taboo. The key word here is the "majority" which is why this agenda to bring bi sexuality and homosexuality to the fore front is so alarming to me. It's not a matter of sexual preference that bothers me, it's the fact that the minority, and not the majority, in this country are getting heard and getting things done.


Thats because the POWERS at be, are controling the world. Like they do with the little arab terrorists. Most director's are liberials are artists. They're prone to be homosexual or support it. THey then use their power in order to get the majority of the population to follow their own mentality using incrementalism. Give society slow nibbles of the ideology until they appect it. This Alexander the great movie was huge pieace for males to swallow and therefor was vommited it out
I think it was an errori on their part of the articechs of society.

These little f^ckers have destroy the idea marriage now prompt gay marriage. Divorce rates are out of control. The reality is, more divorces the better the encomy functions. They also prompt interical matings. Have you seen those film where a white girl, bangs the black guy and gets into a relationship.

Mabe they want US to interbreed with all races, because they know it will dumb us down. So they can control us better.

Think about, the whole of society is mostly againist it. But they make it? don;t you think hollywood is more of propaganda machine then money making one?


I watched a documentary on mary mother of jesus. You should seen the feminists attack judean culture. Oh mary was given away from her father at 9 years old, she never desired the man, she was sold away ...thats bad.....She was most likely raped by roman and gave birth to jesus.

You have these idoit's prompt

1. liberal women
2. Feminist
3. secularism

from a documtary called the mary the mother of jesus.

Now lets look at america.

1.) divorce is out control, adultery is out of control.
2.) 1 million babies are aborted/killed every year.
3.) Their religion is drinking, smoking and nightclubs!
4.) aids is out control


These people have the nerve to attack judean culture to replace it with this??


This what i mean, the propanga that put on tv, to suuport liberal women, homosexuality, bisexuality, female priests, abortion, secularism is crazy.

Men are the cause you problems, so it's ok to divorce them. Come on..what a society.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Thinker]

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Thinker]



posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I am finding a kind of historical anthropomorphism, namely projecting our values humanly, upon relationships in other times. We include our reactive state of mind, and assume norms are universally applicable in every time. While considering a more accurate historical picture from this movie culture, we do not think about deep and abiding friendships. It is because we have none in our culture, due to various dicotomies that were not present in ancient greece. Their thoughts were unified, while our thoughts are diabolically scattered. They did not divide business and non-business life. For the ancients acted without the excess baggage of millions of pages of laws, for example. Perhaps no sex at all was involved in those relationships, but rather a deeper agape, things that we prize spiritually but most always never even seek to attain.

Sadly we think ourselves superior due to our later status in history, but when you deal with the philosophy of the greeks, we should relearn these things that were taken away from our educational system. I see a great deal of ignorance in these postings, and have to admit my own as well. So the entire matter is worthy of far deeper study. Go to it!



posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
I'm being realistic. He states he was homosexual so it should but in the film. I stated greeks where into young boys, but that was not put in the film, because it would offended the viewers of the troy movie.


The contrversty over alexander tho is his man whorishness, so its appropriate to the movie. Hollywood didn't invent the controversy. It doesn't belong in Troy, because it doesn't occur in the Trojan War. It doesn't occur in most war movies, even tho rape and such occurs on both sides during wars, because its not usually a controversial topic.

And alexander the great didn't state that he was homosexual, bi, or anything else. Its entirely possible in fact that he wasn't. I'm not completely sure of what the situation was for macedonians at that time, but pederastry was accepted and promoted and rejected to various degrees throughout the greek, and the rest of the ancient, world. In Sparta is was compulsory, required by the state, in Athens, it was frowned upon but done anyway. In macedon, I don't know.

Also, it wasn't just that Alexander did this or that. He had a very strong and close relationship with Hephaestion, and you couldn't leave that out of a movie about him anymore than you could leave the relatioship between Caesar and Cleopatra out of a movie about them.



posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
Look at africa. Their societys are so immoral

Must be all that christian evangelizing thats going on there.



posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker


Mabe they want US to interbreed with all races, because they know it will dumb us down. So they can control us better.

You have these idoit's prompt

1. liberal women
2. Feminist
3. secularism

Men are the cause you problems, so it's ok to divorce them. Come on..what a society.


I don't know where to begin with your last post, Thinker.

Especially with first comment I quoted....



posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinkerbut i suspect alexander the great movie didn't show them raping.

You didn't even see the goddamned movie? Yeesh.


parrhesia
You're started off with AIDS in the beginning, all subsequent partners being exposed, and also assuming all gay sex is unprotected.

He has one gay man spreading aids to a million gays. If his calculations were even close to reasonable then the whol frickin' planet'd'be dead by now. Besidse, they highest rise in HIV infections are amoung heterosexuals.


bean
but why would hollywood be "brainwashing people into homosexuals or bisexuals"??

Ever see that Saturday night live skit with the 'Church Lady' character? Apparently Thinker is the Church Lady.


skycheif
it's the fact that the minority, and not the majority, in this country are getting heard and getting things done.

So people aren't allowed to do or say anything that the majority disagrees with? Thats exactly what you are saying. Hell, the movie doesn't promote it at all. It shows them hugging. Yeah, thats right, hugging. I think that there were one or two scenes where they kiss. Thats hardly forcing an issue down someone's throat.

Fortunately they edited that part out, mwa ha.


These little f^ckers have destroy the idea marriage

Uhm, its the majority of the american population that has wreacked havoc on marriage. Or are you going to pretend that Swaggerts cheating was the result of liberal-gay mind control? Its middle america, good 'christian america' that is getting divourced at absrud rates.


Mabe they want US to interbreed with all races, because they know it will dumb us down

You stupid #wit. Hopefully nothing will make any of us as dumb as you, you assinine unamerican bigot.



posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
"He has one gay man spreading aids to a million gays. If his calculations were even close to reasonable then the whol frickin' planet'd'be dead by now. Besidse, they highest rise in HIV infections are amoung heterosexuals. "

Well the US is like 99% hetrosexual. Of course they are going to have the highest rates. But gaymen are more likely to have it

American propanga machine has wreck marriage, the secularist have destroyed marriage, the elite has shaped america the way they want to. Now they want males at least 25% of them be soddomisder each other so they can have laught how easily human's can be mind controled. USing tools such as hollywood to brain wash them into it. They used it for the females for bisexuality and now it's hot trend to follow.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Thinker]



posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Unless I am wrong Alexander, like a LOT of Greeks, Romans, and the men of other cultures at the time was pretty much openly bi.

The Companions were REAL close friends


Lots of the best fighting units at the time were made up of paired male lovers. Hollywood didnt make him Bi His Culture did


That's why I'm proud to be an American


But yeah, it's really evident of the trend they tried to start and failed. Now they're going to the Ghetto trend where being a gangster is cool. Another way to make men easy to break down. Hopefully people can see over the clouds and not become what they want. In a sense, I don't see this trend expanding any further, hopefully.

Oh, and btw, I'm not shooting down the entire trend, there was once a time when this trend actually had some meaning. Now it's all tasteless with talk bout sex and greed, bah. Luckily for some that are already drifting from the trend, they're just saying Who Cares? But all of a sudden, they release a hit that brings them back.

And to convert the women, they made the men sex idols and used the bisexuality thing to make sex seem completely senseless. Now even pro women groups like Destiny's Child are telling women to go and date a gangbanger that gets money three ways, lying, cheating, and stealing. We'll be seeing a continuing trend as they try their hardest to push this on us now. Remember, the whole male gay thing started back in the 70s, 80s and has finally proven that it will never be anything more then their thing. Guess what's next on their agenda.

So yeah, it's obvious that the media tries to deteriorate man or maybe better it if this was a perfect world. Their views however that they express obviously show what they really care about. The Dollar.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join