It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood fails to push men into bisexuality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Alexander the great the movie that has flopped so badly. In which they protrayed alexander the great as bisexual, with some immoral kissing scenes have fail to convert the males to a bisexuality.

When hollywood tried bisexuality on women it worked like a charm. Today women have no problem with bisexuality and will try it without question.

Talk about braining washing the public, influencing and trying to push males into bisexuality with the media machine.

You people think about it, why make bisexual film for males? when most will hate it and it won't make money? It makes you wonder if the power at be could testing males to see if hollywood, incrementalism brainwashing techquies works on males.

They been using qeer eye for the straight guy. To get males to appect them. Now use movies like alexander the great, to try a push males into it.

Failed!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Unless I am wrong Alexander, like a LOT of Greeks, Romans, and the men of other cultures at the time was pretty much openly bi.

The Companions were REAL close friends

Lots of the best fighting units at the time were made up of paired male lovers. Hollywood didnt make him Bi His Culture did

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Unless I am wrong Alexander, like a LOT of Greeks, Romans, and the men of other cultures at the time was pretty much openly bi.
Lots of the best fighting units at the time were made up of paired male lovers. Hollywood didnt make him Bi His Culture did

Damn right. It was common during those days. Alexander is said to have had a male "friend", and he also married the daughter of a local chief somewhere on his journey from Macedonia to India.

One thing can't cause a movie to fail, a lot of things must be. I haven't seen the movie but I heard that it was too boring.

Surf

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
Alexander the great the movie that has flopped so badly. In which they protrayed alexander the great as bisexual, with some immoral kissing scenes have fail to convert the males to a bisexuality.

When hollywood tried bisexuality on women it worked like a charm. Today women have no problem with bisexuality and will try it without question.

Talk about braining washing the public, influencing and trying to push males into bisexuality with the media machine.

You people think about it, why make bisexual film for males? when most will hate it and it won't make money? It makes you wonder if the power at be could testing males to see if hollywood, incrementalism brainwashing techquies works on males.

They been using qeer eye for the straight guy. To get males to appect them. Now use movies like alexander the great, to try a push males into it.

Failed!!!

Ummm... maybe if we are being FACTUAL...believe it or not Alexander the great WAS bisexual if not gay.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

The Companions were REAL close friends

Yeah but, why make a movie about guys kissing each other? it's not going to make money, since males 99% have no desire for males.

It's like hollywood creating film about mohammed the prophot of Islam. Him lookking like a hero, beheading a few people, killing and rading cravern's and make him look like he was the oppressed one. To try and convert the american's into islam.

The movie will fail, because most american think islam is terrorist religion. then ask your selve why make a movie about homosexuals?

Clearly hollywood is powerful propanganda machine, which only shows stuff to benfit the nation.

I smell the people are playing with society, to see if they can change their mentality.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Thinker]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well maybe they wanted the movie to be REALISTIC....unlike your point of vue of the backwards Whoremonger trailor park trash that you come from.....yes....personal attack go ahead and take points....because at this point .....I DON"T CARE!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

then ask your selve why make a movie about homosexuals?.

Because he was a homosexual? Bi actually. I could see the problem if he WASN'T bi and they tried to portray him as such but he was so whats the problem? I think it lends a bit of accuracy to the film, although I admit I wouldn't want to watch two guys make out but I wouldn't need therapy for it either, nor would it make me want to have sex with a man.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
Ummm... maybe if we are being FACTUAL...believe it or not Alexander the great WAS bisexual if not gay.

He wasn't gay. Historians agree that he did have true romantic feelings upon marrying his to be wife.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
He wasn't gay. Historians agree that he did have true romantic feelings upon marrying his to be wife.

Among the Greeks men were expected to "bond" in the field, it wasnt important nor was there any stigma attached to it. They still Married and raised familes.

Lets keep this civil OK?

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The movie isn't specifically about "guys kissing eachother" is it? Is that the main focus, his bisexulaity?
I doubt it.
I think you're just seeing something you disagree with and turning it into something it's not.

link   

Among the Greeks men were expected to "bond" in the field, it wasnt important nor was there any stigma attached to it. They still Married and raised familes.
Lets keep this civil OK?

If it wasn't important then why were they expected this?

I don't understand your so called Sivil. Did I use obsence language or did I make reference to private parts?

Surf

link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
Well maybe they wanted the movie to be REALISTIC....unlike your point of vue of the backwards Whoremonger trailor park trash that you come from.....yes....personal attack go ahead and take points....because at this point .....I DON"T CARE!!!!!!

Realistic? Lets get the brad pit movie, Troy ? the greeks were into raping little young boys, but they did place that in film?

I wonder how brad pit's army will be looked upon with his henchmen raping boys.

The movie would fail, because the viewers will hate to watch the greeks for being little rapists. But hollywood always makes their distorted movies into hero's.

Hollywood = preaching priest, which prompts a lame ideology, propanganda of it's nation with is distrotion of reality. Just like it's governments, only puts the good things, but never likes to show the bad things.

You find the bad deeds of america in documentarys, but never in movies.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Thinker]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Realistic? Lets get the brad pit movie, Troy ? the greeks were into raping little young boys, but they did place that in film?

Are you trying to compare rape and bisexuality?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

I think he is just making a case of not being very accurate.

Just for the record, Are you thinker?

Sirf

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfupDid I use obsence language or did I make reference to private parts?

Not you

A previous poster.

Homosexual contacts between men were normal among several cultures, it was not considered "strange" unless it interfered in marrying and fathering kids. Usually an Older Warrior would take a younger one, it was common during the times

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

I'm being realistic. He states he was homosexual so it should but in the film. I stated greeks where into young boys, but that was not put in the film, because it would offended the viewers of the troy movie.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

then ask your selve why make a movie about homosexuals?.

Because he was a homosexual? Bi actually. I could see the problem if he WASN'T bi and they tried to portray him as such but he was so whats the problem? I think it lends a bit of accuracy to the film, although I admit I wouldn't want to watch two guys make out but I wouldn't need therapy for it either, nor would it make me want to have sex with a man.

Exactly Amuk...you know me and you and I have had great conversations...BTW sorry for going overboard....you can edit if you want. Just....people are soo neiave (sp?) about sexuality it scares me. Do you know how many men are out there spreading AIDS because they are "straight" ...you straight people don't even know...seriously...the
"down low" guys are a very SERIOUS problem...not only to the gay community but the straight one as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Not you

A previous poster.

My bad.

Surf

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I'm being realistic. He states he was homosexual so it should but in the film. I stated greeks where into young boys, but that was not put in the film, because it would offended the viewers of the troy movie.

That's true, it may have offended some if it were included in the movie, but a lot of people also see rape as different from bisexuality of homosexuality and probably aren't offended by it to the extent they may be by seeing young men being raped.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

He states he was homosexual so it should but in the film.

WRONG.

I couldnt care less if it was in the film or not what I DID say is why should you be suprised by them protraying a Bi-sexual AS a Bi-sexual? I would not have been suprised by the Greeks raping boys in the film Troy because as you said it did (and does) happen.

It did show a woman being raped does that make it better?

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Amuk]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join