Portugal Anyone???

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I see alot of people talking about many places, but i havent seen anyone mentioning Portugal? Anyone ever went on a trip there?? What did you like the most ?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
yo dude....! i live in lagos in the algarve!!!.....awesome country with lovely friendley people!....im a brit but have lived there for 8 years!

espectacular!!....ciao.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I went to Alvor, in the Algarve region (the next town to where Optimuss fett lives!) about 10 years ago in summer. I have to say that it sticks in my memory as being one of the best places I've visited. The beaches were spectacular, the weather was just perfect (30-35degC, dry). The whole vibe of the place was nice too - laid back and easy going. The food was fantastic with lots of seafood. One of the enduring memories is of locals barbequeing sardines in the narrow streets.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I went to Alvor, in the Algarve region (the next town to where Optimuss fett lives!) about 10 years ago in summer. I have to say that it sticks in my memory as being one of the best places I've visited. The beaches were spectacular, the weather was just perfect (30-35degC, dry). The whole vibe of the place was nice too - laid back and easy going. The food was fantastic with lots of seafood. One of the enduring memories is of locals barbequeing sardines in the narrow streets.

lolo dude!...alvor.....im opening a new buisness there!......i know what you mean about the barbecue thing....i love that!
Regards,optimus!

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Nice one! What kind of business ar you starting?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Paul]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
new cyber cafe.....already have one in Faro,Lagos and Sagres!

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
yo dude....! i live in lagos in the algarve!!!.....awesome country with lovely friendley people!....im a brit but have lived there for 8 years!

espectacular!!....ciao.

Hows the forest fire situation going over? I hope its over now. I remember when I was in Europe they kept talkin about it on British cnn. Then I saw one about Croatia that said we had a 1000 fires. If only there were some sort of mediteranian ocean that we could get water to dump on it

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Hows the forest fire situation going over? I hope its over now. I remember when I was in Europe they kept talkin about it on British cnn. Then I saw one about Croatia that said we had a 1000 fires. If only there were some sort of mediteranian ocean that we could get water to dump on it

there out now...have been for a while but were shockingly low on water at the moment ,had nearly no rainy season so drouts are expected....if we get the fires again were in trouble this summer!

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Been on holiday to the Algarve a few times now, the beachs are clean, the people nice and friendly and the atmosphere generally peaceful and happy

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Been on holiday to the Algarve a few times now, the beachs are clean, the people nice and friendly and the atmosphere generally peaceful and happy

yeah...yeah....it was till igot there!!......lol,lol,lol

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm actually going to Portugal with my family (two sisters and mother) the 21st of May. We're going to Portimao.

What I'd like to know is, is there a lot to do there for one who's not really interested in sunbathing and swimming in the ocean? Are there museums, parks/gardens, nice cafés and so on there? Specifically, we're going to Praia da Rocha. Also, is it safe to wander the streets alone there? Are there many streetsellers?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rattus Norvegicus
I'm actually going to Portugal with my family (two sisters and mother) the 21st of May. We're going to Portimao.

What I'd like to know is, is there a lot to do there for one who's not really interested in sunbathing and swimming in the ocean? Are there museums, parks/gardens, nice cafés and so on there? Specifically, we're going to Praia da Rocha. Also, is it safe to wander the streets alone there? Are there many streetsellers?

find me a place in you luggage ...lol

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett

espectacular!!....ciao.

Lagos is pretty good, i went there a couple of years...

Portimao e Armacao de Pera are pretty good too....

THE ALL THIGN IS GOOD ! lol

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

TextI'm actually going to Portugal with my family (two sisters and mother) the 21st of May. We're going to Portimao.

woaaa dude.....your 20 minutes from one of my offices in LAGOS......drop me a u2u and pop in say hi!

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So cybercafe, eh? Yeah, I might come by, I can't go two weeks without the net, my mailbox would die from all the spam. I'm gonna bring my laptop, but that's only so I have a plce to put all the photos I'm gonna take. Man, i can't wait. How much for a drink down there?

And the markets (I'm not gonna be there for the one in Portimao, but we're going to one in Loule), how are they? What can you get there? Can I buy clothes, for example?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rattus Norvegicus
Can I buy clothes, for example?

yeah there are cool small stores around there ... Lagos and Portimao too... the price range is almost at the dollar because of the Euro currecny, but im sure youll be fine... TRY FOOD !!! LOTS OF IT !!! lol

new topics
top topics

join