It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning – ‘The GOP needs to wake up’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Enochstask
a reply to: MystikMushroom
Soon we will be a soulless, doped up immoral society waiting for the government to wipe our butts every waking moment. That is assuming we know which bathroom to use now that the transgendered's are messing that up.

Being a bit dramatic, aren't we?

Step away from the propaganda man. Seriously. It's showing.

Not dramatic at all, just an account of the direction we are heading as witnessed from a lifetime of experience.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Soon we will be a soulless, doped up immoral society waiting for the government to wipe our butts every waking moment. That is assuming we know which bathroom to use now that the transgendered's are messing that up.

If a modern Christian went back in time to visit some cavemen, they'd laugh and be appalled that these folks worshiped the sun, moon, and a million other "Gods". They'd find it silly that cavemen talked to plants and thought dancing could please the rain-god.

How do you think an advanced alien species would look at us? We talk to ourselves, asking some invisible entity to grant our wishes, hoping to please this invisible diety. These aliens would look at our technology and science and nod, and then wonder why we still continue to hold onto ancient belief systems.

It's all about perspective, just look at how Christian colonists viewed the belief systems of the Native Americans when they first encountered them.
edit on 3-11-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Not dramatic at all, just an account of the direction we are heading as witnessed from a lifetime of experience.

Well let me scare you a bit then because your worst dream has come true.

I am soulless, as I don't believe in god, and I think people should get doped-up if they want to because the constitution allows people to be free.

What makes this country great is that it has the groundwork to let people reject/practice any religion they want to, smoke a joint or dress up like a lady.

Those freedoms may not have been a part of your "experience", but get used to it. Times are changing.
edit on 3-11-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

It's all about perspective, just look at how Christian colonists viewed the belief systems of the Native Americans when they first encountered them.

You mean when the settlers saw them talking to their invisible spirit guide people? I think we have a conundrum.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

The Christians called those native people's heathens and tried to convert them to their "correct" religion.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert
In the spirit of Halloween let me scare you back. When the people that don't agree with your philosophy have had enough and blood runs in the street, folks like you might be seen as part of the problem and target you. That is also part of my "experience", but you get use to it because times are always a changing and nothing is forever, and things can flip on a dime.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom And they were heathen's in a sense. The brutality that the Indian tribes inflicted on one another and the settler was brutal.

edit on 3-11-2015 by Enochstask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

In the spirit of Halloween let me scare you back. When the people that don't agree with your philosophy have had enough and blood runs in the street, folks like you might be seen as part of the problem and target you.

Is this the part of the conversation where I puff-out my chest and brag about the size of my manhood?

Do you have anything intelligent to say, or are we going to converse with thinly-veiled threats?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert I'm sorry your intellect lead you to believe someone was threating you. I was just sharing my life experience with you. As you grow older and hopefully wiser you will see these cycles yourself.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert I'm sorry your intellect lead you to believe someone was threating you. I was just sharing my life experience with you. As you grow older and hopefully wiser you will see these cycles yourself.

You make many assumptions. A very important aspect of wisdom and experience is that one learns the dangers of assuming.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert I wasn't making any assumptions. I think you were assuming I was making assumptions.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert I wasn't making any assumptions. I think you were assuming I was making assumptions.

You assumed my age was below that of someone you would deem "wise". You assumed my level of intellect, whether or not I've experienced certain "cycles" and even my life experiences in general.

Please forgive me if I disagree with someone that hasn't learned the old adage, "assume makes an ass out of u and me", yet has the audacity to lecture me about wisdom.
edit on 3-11-2015 by introvert because: added quotations and "in general"

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: introvertI never said your age was below that of someone that was wise, again an assumption on your part. The part about cycles, I was merely pointing the older you get the more cycles you see. I am sorry you are having trouble with this interaction with me, you seem like a nice person.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

you seem like a nice person.

As do you. I'd be willing to bet that if we could have this conversation face-to-face that we would agree more than we disagree. It's difficult to impart tone and intent over the internet.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Alright guys...group hug...

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert How kind of you to say. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

All good points.

But eventually Millennials and Gen Xers will recognize that the people they are voting for are not living up to the hype. In spite of promises of hope and change, government has not become more transparent. The Patriot Act grows, personal liberty diminishes. We still torture people at Guantanamo. Etc.

Democrats tell Latinos that Republicans are racist, so they should vote Democrat. But eventually Latinos will realize that when Democrats controlled both Congress and the White House, they did absolutely nothing about "Immigration Reform." By some strange coincidence, that subject only seems to come up when the opposition is sufficient to stop it. Also, many Latinos are Catholic, and they may resent Democrats attacks on religion.

Point is, the pendulum will swing again.

Johnson rode coattails of Kennedy's popularity, but people got sick of the Vietnam War. Old bums out, new bums in.

Nixon - Watergate. Old bums out, new bums in.

I believe Carter was sabotaged by the 70s "gas shortage" leading to a recession (actually Nixon's fault.) Old bums out, new bums in.

Bush 1 tried to coast on the popularity of Reagan, but Iran-Contra. Old bums out, new bums in.

Clinton - Lewinsky. Old bums out, new bums in.

I believe Bush 2's second term was simply stolen from the voters. People couldn't wait to get rid of him or anyone like him. Especially after the crash of 2008. Old bums out, new bums in.

---- Warning: I'm getting a little long-winded here. Sorry ------

I believe the party in charge of the US Government isn't determined by US voters. It's determined by the agendas of organizations like the Council on Foreign Relations. If you want to start a war, put Republicans in office. If you need to start a war with a Democrat in office, keep it low key in the media. If you want to raise taxes, put a Democrat in office. Again, if you need to raise taxes with a Republican in office, give it full media support.

But you will always need to keep two controlled parties to make the scheme work. Take the 2016 race, for example. What are we being told are the issues? Notice how what the media tells us are important issues are things that divide us. But what about the issues that should be uniting us? There are a lot of things that most Americans would agree on, government never seems to make it happen, somehow.

If the Republican party disappeared, leaving only the Democratic party, what happens when people decide to "throw the bums out?"

---------

That being said, I believe Republican numbers will continue to shrink for a short time, less than 8 years, before increasing. Hillary Clinton is just too perfect at this time. She'll be able to play the gender card with the practiced ease of someone with her political experience. As a Democrat, she'll be to raise taxes claiming it will be to help the poor and needy. A lot of that money won't make it to them. On the other hand, anyone criticizing military operations will be accused of picking on her because she's a woman. It's the be the best of both worlds for the CFR for the next 8 years, until people get sick of wars and high taxes. Then it's time to "vote the bums out" again and bring in the re-branded Republicans.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

a lifetime of experiencing what exactly?
whats a lifetime?
did you actually learn from these supposed experiences youve had?

you could have left your post blank and it would have meant more

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

a reply to: MystikMushroom And they were heathen's in a sense. The brutality that the Indian tribes inflicted on one another and the settler was brutal.

And there is no brutality inflicted on non believers by Christians throughout history?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Nothing is ever gonna change with the grip the corporations and bankers have on this country. First order of business needs to end corruption. Bernie seems to be the only one who actually genuinely wants to fight it. That reason alone will grab my vote. Economic issues, Immigration issues, healthcare issues, wage inequality, etc. will not change without someone in office to fight back against these criminals in power.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join