It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Republican Strategist Reveals to Jesse Ventura Why He Left the GOP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Former Republican strategist Jimmy LaSalvia, once the director of programs and policy for Log Cabin Republicans, reveals to me why he left the GOP. LaSalvia, who for years was a proud conservative, calls the Republican party “braindead” and questions if they’ll ever be able to win a national election again. Instead, he believes the country should dump both the Democratic and Republican parties and reform the entire system. Agree or disagree?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Excellent! Agreed.

Being politically independent doesn't lock you into an ideology! It's so simple! We can be free-thinkers. We need to come TOGETHER, not pit people against each other! Political parties just sets up a society to fight against the "other team". Do away with them!

Great interview!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Ummm...Hello Jesse...I question if there is even a need for parties...Why pit one side of a coin against the other...it makes no cents...(intended)
Most of the subscribers to this site have grown beyond that...Yes...there is that vocal minority from either half of the spectrum...however most choose not to comment in the political arena here because we're so done with that...

I totally agree...get rid of the current system...stand all candidates of whatever stripe up on the same stage at the same time and ask them the hard/intelligent questions that pertain to the reality of what it's like to live here...and how we all really wish to be governed...Ask them all the same questions...all of them...

No D...No R...just Barb the baker or Mike the mechanic...

How many of you truly want to get beyond this dog and pony show...I'm frankly sick to my gills of the childish displays from either side of the isle................Get the eff rid of the isle...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Ummm...I so totally agree with you...totally...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The Republicans don't represent me. The Democrats don't represent me. I refuse to accept that I have to support one of these two craptastic ideologies. I choose none of the above.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

random fact of the day:

did you know the original democracy in greece did not rely on voting at all? people in political offices were chosen by random chance, essentially just picking a name out of a hat. i can see why our founding fathers thought the greek democracy was stupid, but in hindsight, i think any random person would be better than what we have now.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotheramethyst

random fact of the day:

did you know the original democracy in greece did not rely on voting at all? people in political offices were chosen by random chance, essentially just picking a name out of a hat. i can see why our founding fathers thought the greek democracy was stupid, but in hindsight, i think any random person would be better than what we have now.

I am sure the elite would find a way to remove that random element. They always find a way to corrupt the existing government structure to their advantage.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
You know what I want? I want a gay married couple with adopted (or otherwise) school age child(ren) ,in "office". That's a level of diversity that could see/feel both perspectives. Better yet, one or both could be ex-wrestlers; Who ever wears the trousers, of course!

Those of us who are parents know life is way too easy without dependent children... WAY too easy. And for those who don't have dependents it's way too easy to pass judgement, laws, economic requirements, pursue goals, better your employment, etc. America truly is a business, not a country, and it is ran like such. Families with dependents don't realistically fit the current model/ideology/expectations.

Our situation in political and social America is a complex argument, with no side addressing all issues completely. Both of the Democrats and Republicans have it right, and wrong. But I do feel a voice, a very large voice, has been left out of these political debates. Can you guess who?

Where are my sunglasses and chewing gum? I think it's about to get interesting the next few years.

obey consume marry procreate $ is your god sleep . . . .
edit on 3-11-2015 by Flux8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Yes, get rid of the parties! Please!

The hatred that the parties create now is ridiculous. There are sites that I see linked all the time, such as Too Informed to Vote Republican, or, well, it's late, I can't think of one from the other side now. But, as you see, even the names are insulting to the other side. The headlines are usually misleading and false, and barely related to the article. Because, well, we know that most people barely read past the headline.

Then we don't quite all fit in the mold of the party.

I'm for the right to bear arms, but I'm against the war machine. (does that make sense?)

I understand the necessity of abortion, but I hate how people cheer it on like it's a great thing. How about we push for more birth control, more education, and creating a world in which people can afford children?

I understand the need for welfare, but would like to see reform, because I have witnessed many, many people abuse the system. I would rather the money be spent on job creation in some ways, because "idle hands are the devil's workshop". No, I'm not religious, but that's a great quote. Sitting around with no job can lead to bad habits, trust me, I've been there.

Etc, etc. I hate the idea that because I'm for the right to bear arms, that I automatically have to fall in line with others under a predetermined umbrella.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Agreed!

In real life, I don't know anyone who is a single-issue, litmus-test voter. Yet both mainstream parties are somehow convinced they must pander to special interests in order to win. That's nuts! I own firearms, yet the NRA doesn't speak for me. I personally think abortion is taking a life, especially if it's late term, yet I understand it's sometimes necessary, and I have major compassion for anyone who feels trapped into that choice... the Moral Majority doesn't speak for me. I think teachers are vastly underpaid in general, yet the NEA doesn't speak for me. I believe the glass ceiling is a real thing, but Hilary Clinton doesn't speak for me.

I might be old fashioned, but every election cycle, the first thing I do is evaluate ME... where have my positions evolved? What has changed for good or ill since the last election? What is my top 10 issues list, and does any candidate have a plan or platform or a prayer for addressing any of them? How do I feel about the candidates and their integrity?

I am so sick of this sideshow, Twitter-friendly campaign of lies that we call 'elections'! The ultimate insult that infuriates me is that it might as well be a vote for Prom King/Queen, for all the impact it has these days.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
Former Republican strategist Jimmy LaSalvia, once the director of programs and policy for Log Cabin Republicans, reveals to me why he left the GOP. LaSalvia, who for years was a proud conservative, calls the Republican party “braindead” and questions if they’ll ever be able to win a national election again. Instead, he believes the country should dump both the Democratic and Republican parties and reform the entire system. Agree or disagree?

How could anyone not agree? The question is what things look like after his 'reforms' have been implemented??

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Flux8
This is exactly right. Family with dependents are now the minority.

new topics

top topics

join