It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch out for auroras tonight!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I check this website almost everyday, and it looks as if tonight will be a good night to look into the northern sky! It should last for the next 24 hours. On the main page there are updates. Links below

Image :

ACE REAL TIME SOLAR WIND DATA : www.solarham.net...
Statistical Auroral Oval : www.solarham.net...
Main Website : www.solarham.net...

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I wish I lived in a part of the world to see them. Sadly not maybe one day take a break and visit a country to observe them. a reply to: CobyKEF

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
I wish I lived in a part of the world to see them. Sadly not maybe one day take a break and visit a country to observe them. a reply to: CobyKEF

One winter many years ago when I was living in NY state (42 degrees latitude), my car broke down one night and I had to walk a half mile to my exit. The aurora borealis was directly overhead - again, 42 deg latitude. Quite a sight.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CobyKEF

I am in an area that I believe will be affected, although we are kind of on the edge (Vermont in the States).

Weather is due for clear skies - I will report back - I'll try to even snap some pics if they are visible.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Is it possible this could have been seen from the uk last night? I ask because today my daughter asked me if I'd seen a green glow in the sky last night.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I'm willing to bet your daughter did see the aurora.

Aurora Forecast for Monday, November 2, 2015

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
We haven't even seen the sky around here because of fog for days. Not much hope of seeing the aurora in this part of the UK

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The forecast is High again today and we are going to have clear skies [Anchorage, AK area).

We have them over us often, but its always cloudy or overcast it seems. I may have to go out tonight. If the haze is not bad, might get a good view without having to drive out of town.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I was reading there was a chance they might get as far south as Northern Missouri and then there is the chance of various meteor shower meteors too?

I didn't have much chance to investigate very far though since I was pretty busy at work today, so I might have misread the article I was skimming.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Thanks for that

I passed on the info and she's really pleased that she saw it, its very rare to see it from the uk.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'd love to see those, but i suspect we are too far south to be able to do so. Shame, as they'd be quite a sight! If they were this far down, I'd likely worry, anyway, lol!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
For anyone in the US or Canada that is curious about viewing tonight:

Forecast: Auroral activity will be high(+). Weather permitting, highly active auroral displays will be visible overhead from Inuvik, Yellowknife, Rankin and Igaluit to Vancouver, Helena, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Bay City, Toronto, Montpelier, and Charlottetown, and visible low on the horizon from Salem, Boise, Cheyenne, Lincoln, Indianapolis and Annapolis.

Aurora Forecast for Tuesday, November 3, 2015

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well I never saw any sign of auroras last night, though some people did see them. ( I live very close to the 45th parallel.) I had too much light pollution to my north to see anything. On the bright side, I got to see bunch of shooting stars and I believe I even saw something burn up in the atmosphere, which was pretty cool to watch. Next time i'll have to drive a little more north.

edit on 4-11-2015 by CobyKEF because: (no reason given)

top topics

join